this is what I see at my center

Hello everyone!! Im new to ups, just got re-hired as a part timer in January and I just started paying my union dues. My center is relatively small about 80 trucks total......

There is no parking lot just rocks or grass, 20% of the entire facility has paved road the rest is dirt and rocks. We get the left over broken down manual trucks of other big hubs in my area.

I work from either 5 30 pm or 6:30 pm till im told to leave. I see that the morning on road supervisor is the acting twilight center manager. I saw him park a truck and unload packages too.. if anyone cares.

I was offered the pt sup position on Tuesday by the center manager and he offered me 14.40 to start and said I was forced to go to school. He also was very vague with the job description so I turned it down. ... any thoughts?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello everyone!! Im new to ups, just got re-hired as a part timer in January and I just started paying my union dues. My center is relatively small about 80 trucks total......

There is no parking lot just rocks or grass, 20% of the entire facility has paved road the rest is dirt and rocks. We get the left over broken down manual trucks of other big hubs in my area.

I work from either 5 30 pm or 6:30 pm till im told to leave. I see that the morning on road supervisor is the acting twilight center manager. I saw him park a truck and unload packages too.. if anyone cares.

I was offered the pt sup position on Tuesday by the center manager and he offered me 14.40 to start and said I was forced to go to school. He also was very vague with the job description so I turned it down. ... any thoughts?

Sounds like reality is setting in.

O

OLDMAN3

Good decision. Part time slave (I mean sup) is the worst position at UPS.

I don't have a question actually ... just observations. My soon to be leaving pt sup was very honest with me and he said he's been stuck at 15 an hour for years. He's been there 9 , 8 as pt sup. My center manager destroys him and the other sups before and after every shift......

I see bottles of piss in 3 out of every 4 trucks. After a couple of hours of unload I check trucks finish car wash and leave. I only get 3 hours a day buy I know I can get 3&1/2 ... thing is... asking for those guaranteed hours gets under management skin. They hate it and im scared to ask them for it... should I be? Can they negatively effect my growth? .... guess I did have a question :-)

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't have a question actually ... just observations. My soon to be leaving pt sup was very honest with me and he said he's been stuck at 15 an hour for years. He's been there 9 , 8 as pt sup. My center manager destroys him and the other sups before and after every shift......

I see bottles of piss in 3 out of every 4 trucks. After a couple of hours of unload I check trucks finish car wash and leave. I only get 3 hours a day buy I know I can get 3&1/2 ... thing is... asking for those guaranteed hours gets under management skin. They hate it and im scared to ask them for it... should I be? Can they negatively effect my growth? .... guess I did have a question :-)

They can't punish you for requesting what the contract specifically entitles you to. Get under their skin, if you're right, you have no reason to avoid ticking them off

any thoughts on what? management isn't the way to go & I guarantee you that 95% of the people on this forum don't care nor can recollect on your thread. we all see with our eyes the same as you do at our hub. in conclusion, woop-dee-doo cowboy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Always request your guarantee!

MendozaJ

If you're apprehensive about demanding UPS fulfills its contractual obligations in regards to 3.5, you are not cut out for management. You will be eaten alive.

I used to be a manager with my previous employer so I have the experience but after seeing what they have to go through it isn't worth it. If the starting initial pay were better I might have take it.. but not for 14.40- ...... also I truly believe my center is the worst in the state... maybe even the country

Management here will send you home and will not give you the 3.5 .... I have seen them say no and send people home. Our steward is leaving his shift as we are coming in so he never sees these things.... im telling you guys this center is the worst

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How the the OP rate a derail in their opening post? lol

070516_train_derail_5.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you're apprehensive about demanding UPS fulfills its contractual obligations in regards to 3.5, you are not cut out for management. You will be eaten alive.
Actually, if he is willing to mindlessly obey his superiors and get screwed over in order to look better on some report....he will fit right in to management.

Being honest here I'm only 3 months in but I've just never worked for a company where nobody has any information. So it's easy for management to confuse newer employees, just last night a pt sup comes to car wash to tell the other pt sup " cut off time at 9:30" . This is in front of all pt there no seasonal and every one just accepted it.

I see how it is now, get the mandatory hours and get raises... eventually next jan. I get my benefits and raise and I'll be able to bid for at least a sat air drive gig. I can do that with another pt job and be ok. Just gotta get through the first year. 9 months to go

Mr.Golden

Sound like u have the same center manager for years. At my center CMs only last for 1yr to 1.5yrs. Yeah......we stress them out

Hard to tell what he is. What my pt sup told me was that he is the morning on road sup then leaves and comes back as the twilight center manager. He's about to be promoted and will leave the facility at some point, he's already lefy for training.

J

jibbs

instead of going for PT supe, you could always run the opposite direction and become the steward on your shift. No extra pay (extra time and responsibilities, though, and you gotta learn the contract) but you could easily change that by teaching your coworkers how to stand up for themselves and, at the very least, get their damned 3.5hr guarantee and any money they've missed out on through grievances. It's not like we're making $30 an hour or anything, Jesus.....