This is why you don't let the Old Guard run your local

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Really. You're really saying the local is broke living off credit cards...... Lol and you claim you schooled me. I will say it again the local is solvent.

I never said they were insolvent. As long as they have property to sell or mortgage the will continue to be able to pay thiet bills.

But unless they take action now to cut the local's spending, it will be all over for our local.

And now we have it from a trustee that we are having financial (like I have been saying) troubles.

I will help the E-BOARD of 952 out.

First, get rid of the Angel Season tickets.

Second, get rid of severance pay.

Third, E-BOARD take a 10% pay cut and the BA's making over $100k take a 5% pay cut.

Do these steps and it will cut out a large percentage of our over spending.

Don't do anything and I'll be postung next year about being -$400k in net assets.

LagunaBrown

I never said they were insolvent. As long as they have property to sell or mortgage the will continue to be able to pay thiet bills.

But unless they take action now to cut the local's spending, it will be all over for our local.

And now we have it from a trustee that we are having financial (like I have been saying) troubles.

I will help the E-BOARD of 952 out.

First, get rid of the Angel Season tickets.

Second, get rid of severance pay.

Third, E-BOARD take a 10% pay cut and the BA's making over $100k take a 5% pay cut.

Do these steps and it will cut out a large percentage of our over spending.

Don't do anything and I'll be postung next year about being -$400k in net assets.

1) Your boy Liam at local 804 makes 110k

2) Severance pay is monies earned and the law to pay. Like vacation sick days ect. Ect.

3) Win an election and you can do whatever you want with the local. Oh wait a minute that is your plan...... No wonder your trying to make the local look bad. You sure got this all figured out and you can post all the negative crap from home on your computer. No General membership meeting for a genius like you.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

realbrown1

1) Your boy Liam at local 804 makes 110k

2) Severance pay is monies earned and the law to pay. Like vacation sick days ect. Ect.

3) Win an election and you can do whatever you want with the local. Oh wait a minute that is your plan...... No wonder your trying to make the local look bad. You sure got this all figured out and you can post all the negative crap from home on your computer. No General membership meeting for a genius like you.

Wrong again. Can't you seem to get anything right?

1. I don't care what Liam makes. He is not paid by my dues. He is not in my local. He belongs to local 804. But since you care, why don't you care that we have 7 people at our local making $109k to $175k a year?

2. If severance pay is the law, where is our severance package? We should stop paying for future severance packages for our union officials.

3. As I have said before, our local does not belong to P. Kelly. It belongs to the membership. A fact that you can not seem to grasp.

LagunaBrown

You are so ridiculous. I'm tired of you.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Last edited:

Inthegame

Wrong again. Can't you seem to get anything right?

1. I don't care what Liam makes. He is not paid by my dues. He is not in my local. He belongs to local 804. But since you care, why don't you care that we have 7 people at our local making $109k to $175k a year?

2. If severance pay is the law, where is our severance package? We should stop paying for future severance packages for our union officials.

3. As I have said before, our local does not belong to P. Kelly. It belongs to the membership. A fact that you can not seem to grasp.
1. Actually you my friend are wrong again as salaries are listed under column (D) not the commonly misunderstood column (H), which includes column (friend). Disbursements for official business (friend) include reimbursements made for purchases that these officials have made on behalf of the union, such as a hotel room on a business trip. This would be like UPS paying you back for fueling a Pkg car at a gas station on route. This is not compensation.
2. Severance is commonly part of BA's comp pkg as they are often at will employees not protected by a union contract.
3. Of course the the local doesn't belong to any one individual, but the membership has elected PK to run the show, not you. Now that is a fact you have failed to grasp.

realbrown1

1. Actually you my friend are wrong again as salaries are listed under column (D) not the commonly misunderstood column (H), which includes column (friend). Disbursements for official business (friend) include reimbursements made for purchases that these officials have made on behalf of the union, such as a hotel room on a business trip. This would be like UPS paying you back for fueling a Pkg car at a gas station on route. This is not compensation.
2. Severance is commonly part of BA's comp pkg as they are often at will employees not protected by a union contract.
3. Of course the the local doesn't belong to any one individual, but the membership has elected PK to run the show, not you. Now that is a fact you have failed to grasp.
Inthegame, I know how much they are paid. The amounts I listed are close to actual base salaries, and expenses added in.

Our UPS ba's in 952 can get their jobs back at UPS if they leave the local. So please explain to me why we have to pay them severance pay?

And yes I know the local belongs to the membership. But its not run that way.

Inthegame

Inthegame, I know how much they are paid. The amounts I listed are close to actual base salaries, and expenses added in.

Our UPS ba's in 952 can get their jobs back at UPS if they leave the local. So please explain to me why we have to pay them severance pay?

And yes I know the local belongs to the membership. But its not run that way.
That's your opinion and apparently not enough of your fellow members feel that way or PK would be a memory.

Their salary is column (D). Your post claimed 7 employees were "making" in excess of $109K which is inaccurate. BTW actual total expenses per BA are in excess of $140K with bennys figured in, but even so, those numbers are within reason for California where COL is high. UPS drivers are making similar numbers with the nutty hours they're working.

The Severance plans were in place long before recall rights came into the UPS agreement. Most white papers don't enjoy those clauses. L952 covers more than UPS. As stated by LB, once offered to any, it must be offered to all.

The most effective BA's take years of training and experience. Locals that don't recognize that and change BA's every few years fail their membership miserably.

Did you ever consider getting more involved with the current leadership group and learning from the inside?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

If/when a staff member returns to UPS, they wouldn't have any hours worked in the previous year to be paid for vacation (by UPS).

That's your opinion and apparently not enough of your fellow members feel that way or PK would be a memory.

Their salary is column (D). Your post claimed 7 employees were "making" in excess of $109K which is inaccurate. BTW actual total expenses per BA are in excess of $140K with bennys figured in, but even so, those numbers are within reason for California where COL is high. UPS drivers are making similar numbers with the nutty hours they're working.

The Severance plans were in place long before recall rights came into the UPS agreement. Most white papers don't enjoy those clauses. L952 covers more than UPS. As stated by LB, once offered to any, it must be offered to all.

The most effective BA's take years of training and experience. Locals that don't recognize that and change BA's every few years fail their membership miserably.

Did you ever consider getting more involved with the current leadership group and learning from the inside?
Great post

realbrown1

If/when a staff member returns to UPS, they wouldn't have any hours worked in the previous year to be paid for vacation (by UPS).

But if they left employment at the local, they would probably have vacation and or sick pay coming AND they may not get vacation pay, but they would still qualify for vacation at their year of service amount.

realbrown1

No. I would have preferred just to work and not have to worry about my local. But they have over-spent by such a large amount for the last 15 years, that makes my silence impossible.

Did you ever think about letting 952 know that if they continue to over-spend by such a large amount, that the local would be in major financial trouble?

LagunaBrown

No. I would have preferred just to work and not have to worry about my local. But they have over-spent by such a large amount for the last 15 years, that makes my silence impossible.

Did you ever think about letting 952 know that if they continue to over-spend by such a large amount, that the local would be in major financial trouble?

Close to 1.7 million in property and we told you over and over how they lost two employees (about 198k) that will show in saving on next years LM-2 . They are going to be fine in the next two years and you know it. You are like a broken record player and fisher price one at best.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Close to 1.7 million in property and we told you over and over how they lost two employees (about 198k) that will show in saving on next years LM-2 . They are going to be fine in the next two years and you know it. You are like a broken record player and fisher price one at best.

What property our local owns will soon either be sold or mortgaged. If it is not mortgaged already.

Can't seem to grasp the simple concept of over-spending will eventually ruin our local?

Maybe that is why you are such a great blind follower.

LagunaBrown

What property our local owns will soon either be sold or mortgaged. If it is not mortgaged already.

Can't seem to grasp the simple concept of over-spending will eventually ruin our local?

Maybe that is why you are such a great blind follower.

Ok chicken little. Whatever you say.

realbrown1

Another reason not to let the Old Guard run your local. The Vice President of our local got busted for DUI earlier this month.

How hard is it not to drink and drive?

If they can't do this little, simple thing, not drinking and driving, how can we expect them to follow the rules of running a local?

And this is the same guy who assaulted 2 rank and file members at the IBT convention in Vegas.

Last edited:

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Another reason not to let the Old Guard run your local. The Vice President of our local got busted for DUI earlier this month.

How hard is it not to drink and drive?

If they can't do this little, simple thing, not drinking and driving, how can we expect them to follow the rules of running a local?

And this is the same guy who assaulted 2 rank and file members at the IBT convention in Vegas.
You should check out Teamsternet, out of the top five threads three are dedicated to Local 952. It looks like Patrick K's long time supporters turned on him last year, and they are on an offensive with the reformers to put a fork in him.