This job is amazing

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
There are some days this is the greatest job ever. There are some days this job totally stinks. Most days it's just a job. Don't get too high on the highs or too low on the lows and you'll do just fine. Good luck.

What'dyabringmetoday???

This person is very happy to have made the grade to become a driver. Why do you belittle him. If any of you that replied are drivers...how did you feel when you made the grade. By the way what's wrong in thanking the people who helped him get there. Is the common courtesy of a thank you out of vogue?
This forum is mostly for complaining about how bad and hard it is at UPS. If you want to fit in, you must get on board. I don't fit in. Congratulations to Scuderia. (You will notice none of the little whiney-babies ever seek employment elsewhere). Lol.

ajax25

That's awesome man I feel the same way ( currently working to hit that seniority) I have a question though: nobody has really laid out what I need to do to make seniority other than not get in an accident and don't be way over allowed, are there actual numbers or other things I am supposed to be doing to qualify?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Scuderia1

Thanks everybody, I am in getting in shape and it's a very respectful job. I have been a realtor, worked in factories, warehouses, car audio. I have had a lot of jobs. Out of the 20 or so jobs I had nothing touches this, not even 10 percent of it. I am 26 and really don't care about time. So that's great my weekdays are shot.

I went in too work today and they sent me home saying it's slow. Today's was going to be first day on my own but last minute it got shot. So I am in the area just driving around streets to lock it in my head.

I am in Canada, yea going to be a **** load of snow lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanks everybody, I am in getting in shape and it's a very respectful job. I have been a realtor, worked in factories, warehouses, car audio. I have had a lot of jobs. Out of the 20 or so jobs I had nothing touches this, not even 10 percent of it. I am 26 and really don't care about time. So that's great my weekdays are shot.

I went in too work today and they sent me home saying it's slow. Today's was going to be first day on my own but last minute it got shot. So I am in the area just driving around streets to lock it in my head.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you have a wife and kids?

The Range

In too deep
Not that this place is an outlier but there are so many bitches present.

tumblr_lf39xq5yAb1qds832.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The day I made it as a driver was amazing felt like the luckiest man in the world. I did once truly love this job as I think most of us have. Unfourunatly most of us have also been beaten down to the point of not caring a whole lot anymore.
Would it be OK if my signature said, "Brownslave is a beaten man?" :devil3:

upsgrunt

Sent using BrownCafe App

Do the people you work with ever talk about a former driver named Klein?

BigBrown3605

I love this job even tho the beginning is extremely tough. It takes everything out of you. Hands down best job I've ever had. When I tell all of my buddies I'm a driver with UPS, they are all like wow how'd you land that job.

I want to thank everybody for there help here. I know I asked some stupid questions but the responses here helped me a lot.

1926747_818408478188280_7871540879565604450_n.jpg

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm happy for you. It was pretty awesome to go full time and be out on your own working with noone standing over you. Keep a positive attitude, try not to take things personally. There's a lot of crap that goes with the job, but for the most part, its just business. Don't take it personally unless its meant personally, and even then, try to just brush it off.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The day I made it as a driver was amazing felt like the luckiest man in the world. I did once truly love this job as I think most of us have. Unfourunatly most of us have also been beaten down to the point of not caring a whole lot anymore.
Amen Slaveman, be happier than hell when I can retire from this sh thole job lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I also think as you get a little older your natural mentality goes from one day at a time man I'm gonna burn thru this. To can I sustain this pace for 20+ years and retire here?
Know the feeling and I ask myself everyday how the hell am I going to be able to do this job for 13.5 more years. Answer is multiple Aflac vacations lol.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
You're going to find that in this business your problem won't be getting enough hours but what to do with all the friend&&king CASH!!!

Rainman

Its all good.
You're going to find that in this business your problem won't be getting enough hours but what to do with all the friend&&king CASH!!!
Where I am we have people practically fighting for the chance to go home. If you want to work, you should be able to get all the hours you want.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.