This might get interesting

Crozz

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fedex-l...n-classification-of-kansas-drivers-1436917992
Quote form the article:The decision may have a broader impact on 19 other class-action suits against FedEx currently pending before the Seventh Circuit. FedEx has asked that the other 19 cases be decided separately, due to differences in state laws. The Seventh Circuit last week referred those cases to a court representative to set up additional briefings and arguments.

FedGT

This doesn't really seem like anything new. This applies to pre 2011 IC model filed 2003. I don't believe those "dominoes" are in use anymore. Lots of changes to contracts and models since then. May they lose some other pending cases, yeah, but hardly is going to take down Ground ISP.

FedGT

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/fedex-loses-appeal-case-over-kansas-drivers-20150714-01227
The dominos are slowly falling...this is going to cost FedEx Ground hundreds of millions of dollars for cheating "employees" out of pay.

Hundreds of millions is a ridiculous amount of money to all of us here. Hundreds of millions to a $48B company......an irritation maybe 0.03-0.05% of the companies worth. Even Wall Street is shrugging it off, no aftermarket moves down 1.2% on the day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hundreds of millions is a ridiculous amount of money to all of us here. Hundreds of millions to a $48B company......an irritation maybe 0.03-0.05% of the companies worth. Even Wall Street is shrugging it off, no aftermarket moves down 1.2% on the day.
Yeah.... but they'd sure as hell balk at the idea of ever paying out hundreds of millions in raises.

Bounty

I know they had to pay in California, and I believe that's what's making them move so fast to ISP in ny, nj and pa, do you think there is going to be a payout eventually in these states?

FedGT

Are there class actions in those three states? No other states contractors would get paid off others lawsuits if your state is not apart of it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which dominoes are those?

The ones that say you're not "independent". This makes sense after the recent effort by FDX to distance itself from contractors. In other words, they are worried.

Now, please respond and tell me the ISP is legally bullet-proof like always.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fred has his first penny, which he polishes daily. The potential here is for a much bigger amount in settlements.

FedGT

The ones that say you're not "independent". This makes sense after the recent effort by FDX to distance itself from contractors. In other words, they are worried.

Now, please respond and tell me the ISP is legally bullet-proof like always.

I don't believe any of us says it is bullet proof. We are just much more realistic than you are. It took 12-15 years for there to be enough pressure and issues for the model to need to change. With similar logic and them staying a few steps even further back and no single owners, realistically they will probably get another 10-20 years out of this model before they need to change it again. Worst case scenario maybe 7-10 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't believe any of us says it is bullet proof. We are just much more realistic than you are. It took 12-15 years for there to be enough pressure and issues for the model to need to change. With similar logic and them staying a few steps even further back and no single owners, realistically they will probably get another 10-20 years out of this model before they need to change it again. Worst case scenario maybe 7-10 years.

Here's one for you. If the business model was so great, why did they ever have to change it in the first place? I think you're wrong, but I respect your biased opinion.

FedGT

Here's one for you. If the business model was so great, why did they ever have to change it in the first place? I think you're wrong, but I respect your biased opinion.

When did I say it was so great? Big difference between the way we look at things. I always look at both sides of a dispute before forming an opinion. You see someone defending a point and take it as they are 100% wrong no matter what they say, no interest if seeing if anything is valid. Obviously I am going to favor one side but not once have I said I am thrilled with the model, my company makes more than what it should, or there are not flaws in the system.