This might get interesting

bbsam

Staff member
I can rattle off about ten things in the contract that are well over whatever degree of control you are talking about.
Now we're getting somewhere. The law does not say that FEDEX can have no control and it is the subjectivity of that law and the wording of the Agreement that will make ISP a difficult model to challenge.

FedGT

This is getting truly amazing. Do you honestly think any contracted service provider (parcel, janitorial, maintenance, IT pro, etc) can run whatever schedule they want, show up when they want, do what ever they want with any billion dollar company and not have their contract pulled or face other ramifications. Wise up, just like any other contracted service you have to perform within some guidelines NO ONE is free to do whatever they want! Not if you are running a contracted service with billion dollar companies. So this crap about "if you were independent" you wouldn't have to listen to one word that comes out of their mouth is complete bs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is getting truly amazing. Do you honestly think any contracted service provider (parcel, janitorial, maintenance, IT pro, etc) can run whatever schedule they want, show up when they want, do what ever they want with any billion dollar company and not have their contract pulled or face other ramifications. Wise up, just like any other contracted service you have to perform within some guidelines NO ONE is free to do whatever they want! Not if you are running a contracted service with billion dollar companies. So this crap about "if you were independent" you wouldn't have to listen to one word that comes out of their mouth is complete bs.

It's all in the "degree of control" and who decides what is excessive. The paradigm seems to be shifting. Read a bit about what constitutes an employee vs. independent contractor, and then return with some logical comments.

FedGT

It's all in the "degree of control" and who decides what is excessive. The paradigm seems to be shifting. Read a bit about what constitutes an employee vs. independent contractor, and then return with some logical comments.

The paradigm isn't shifting. The govt wants their cut which is why independent contractors are being more closely examined. Make sure ICs are keeping the IRS happy and not too big of a problem. Judging by some of your comments, judging illogical and logical comments may not be your strong suit, depends how angry you are on any given day.

Bounty

Now we're getting somewhere. The law does not say that FEDEX can have no control and it is the subjectivity of that law and the wording of the Agreement that will make ISP a difficult model to challenge.
I don't doubt it will take time, we can go back and forth forever. I just hope they pay a lot to keep the scam going. California is a nice start.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't doubt it will take time, we can go back and forth forever. I just hope they pay a lot to keep the scam going. California is a nice start.
And they probably don't care. Doesn't even come.close to making contractor models insanely profitable.