This one is a beauty

tellitstraight

I am guessing that most of the guarantee's for air were invalid last week due to the weather in Louisville which is probably why they did not want you to wait. I know customers don't care that KY got pounded by an ice/snow storm but I can tell you that thousands of your fellow UPSers (union and management) worked side by side to try to keep things moving. Last wed only about 35% of the second day air workforce made it in to work. Over 1500 airline management people were sent to the hub last week to sort. If you all don't think management cares or is afraid to bust ass and help out then you need to come to Worldport during a weather event. I know things were rough on Tue, Wed, and Thur but by Thur night the airline was already returning to normal and the backlog of packages started moving.

At some point some of you management haters are all going to have to realize that we are in this thing together. Management cannot run this company without the unions and the unions can't run the company without management. It always amuses me when one group thinks they are more important then the other. Take Pilots for example - they always want to tell you how much money they make this company, in reality they could not make one red cent if it wasn't for the rampers, mechanics, drivers, sorters, crew schedulers, dispatchers - I could go on and on but there is not one part of this company or one group that is more important then any other.

There are always going to be crappy managers, crappy drivers, crappy sorters --- but in my opinion at the end of the day as UPSers we are some the hardest and most dedicated workers in the country --- that goes for management and union employees (non-union also).

I will get off my soapbox now.

InTheRed

I am guessing that most of the guarantee's for air were invalid last week due to the weather in Louisville which is probably why they did not want you to wait. I know customers don't care that KY got pounded by an ice/snow storm but I can tell you that thousands of your fellow UPSers (union and management) worked side by side to try to keep things moving. Last wed only about 35% of the second day air workforce made it in to work. Over 1500 airline management people were sent to the hub last week to sort. If you all don't think management cares or is afraid to bust ass and help out then you need to come to Worldport during a weather event. I know things were rough on Tue, Wed, and Thur but by Thur night the airline was already returning to normal and the backlog of packages started moving.

At some point some of you management haters are all going to have to realize that we are in this thing together. Management cannot run this company without the unions and the unions can't run the company without management. It always amuses me when one group thinks they are more important then the other. Take Pilots for example - they always want to tell you how much money they make this company, in reality they could not make one red cent if it wasn't for the rampers, mechanics, drivers, sorters, crew schedulers, dispatchers - I could go on and on but there is not one part of this company or one group that is more important then any other.

There are always going to be crappy managers, crappy drivers, crappy sorters --- but in my opinion at the end of the day as UPSers we are some the hardest and most dedicated workers in the country --- that goes for management and union employees (non-union also).

I will get off my soapbox now.

*slow clap*

TellItStraight you live up to your name. Everyone needs to work together to get the job done, and that's how it is.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Think about it. They get you out to run the air they have on you. The ones that make it before commit time the customers pay. Now the late air the customer gets there shipping cost refunded to them if they call it in. If you wait till all the air is on car you then you would have more late air and make less guaranteed money.[/quot

All the air was run and done by 9 oclock on this day. I'm an 8:50 starter. There was more air late due to the questionable decision (made from above, not at center level) than there would have been had everyone waited.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Last week we were held due to late airs, but we all were directed to put it under safety while we waited, and waited and waited!

sealbasher

i missed 19 stops today becuase of the 10 5 rule.i am old school i believe u stay out till del and pu are done but now is impossible