This one's a classic

McLeod

WE have 2 good mech. in our building. Sometimes 1 of them can get pissy. He got on me because...get this I was using toooooo much wiper fluid. The nozzel on the windshield was not working right so it took more to get the job done. He said they only had a limited supply. In my area you can buy wiper fluid for about a $1 a gallon. This was during peak with lots of ice and getting sprayed by other vehicles.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
WE have 2 good mech. in our building. Sometimes 1 of them can get pissy. He got on me because...get this I was using toooooo much wiper fluid. The nozzel on the windshield was not working right so it took more to get the job done. He said they only had a limited supply. In my area you can buy wiper fluid for about a $1 a gallon. This was during peak with lots of ice and getting sprayed by other vehicles.

Use as much fluid as you need to keep your windows clean so you can see. There are a lot
pedestrians hit because the driver can't see them!

LOL, come on!! wiper fluid is supplied by UPS automotive for free!! and in our center jugs of it can be found in package cars.. it is a safety item just like brake fuild.. employer has to provide.

I can see if you run out.. you can buy it, but to get your money back your sup will ask you if you did a good pretrip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL, come on!! wiper fluid is supplied by UPS automotive for free!! and in our center jugs of it can be found in package cars.. it is a safety item just like brake fuild.. employer has to provide.

I can see if you run out.. you can buy it, but to get your money back your sup will ask you if you did a good pretrip.

We used to be able to buy washer fluid with our fuel cards but they have stopped that. I would simply spend the $2 to make sure I could see.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

LOL That's funny. Wiper fluid provided by the shop. I had to tell our mechanic the tread on my tires was getting thin, it was time to get new tires. Appentently he wasn't going to even look at them.:whiteflag:

LOL That's funny. Wiper fluid provided by the shop. I had to tell our mechanic the tread on my tires was getting thin, it was time to get new tires. Appentently he wasn't going to even look at them.:whiteflag:

Package cars are assigned to individual mechanics... of course your mechanic will look at them.. if he has good memory.. he knows which PCs tires are on the low side.. and he knows tires are no longer grows on trees.
DOT sets safety standards, you will be surprised how low they are.
Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

old levi's

blank space

You have windshield washers that actually work. Our reservoirs are just useless cracked empty containers that haven't seen fluid in years. And I have already posted on a different thread how well our satellite cars are cared for. NOT!:angry:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
......................DOT sets safety standards, you will be surprised how low they are.
Squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Sweetheart..............I have been invovled with DOT regulations for a very long time. I know perfectly well what tire depth requirements are. I also know that mechanics do only that which they have to, to get by. We have 1 mechanic for 17 bidded rtes.
You have not said anything that I don't already know.

New Englander

I had to buy a gallon of wiper fluid this past week as I ran out on road. I kept the receipt. Went to the mechanics bay. Grabbed a gallon bottle. Went to my center manager, handed the receipt and showed my refund to her.

Worked fine for me.

New Englander

Sweetheart..............I have been invovled with DOT regulations for a very long time. I know perfectly well what tire depth requirements are. I also know that mechanics do only that which they have to, to get by. We have 1 mechanic for 17 bidded rtes.
You have not said anything that I don't already know.

We have 1 mechanic for 24/25 routes and 28/32 at peak.

New Englander

You have windshield washers that actually work. Our reservoirs are just useless cracked empty containers that haven't seen fluid in years. And I have already posted on a different thread how well our satellite cars are cared for. NOT!:angry:

Wouldn't have to do with the fact that most satellite/remote guys don't want to lose their car for the week it usually takes to have them brought back to the center, fixed and returned?

I've found THAT is the biggest reason.

TSup

You wouldn't be tipping him if you knew what his Pension was
I am just guessing you would say "he gets that, I'm not giving him a dime"

old levi's

blank space
Wouldn't have to do with the fact that most satellite/remote guys don't want to lose their car for the week it usually takes to have them brought back to the center, fixed and returned?

I've found THAT is the biggest reason.

No, it would have to do with the fact that they're not going to touch it unless the engine quits or the transmission falls out. It's not on site at their warm shop and they aren't coming to it to do the work and they won't make any effort to bring it in, so it doesn't get repaired.

New Englander

No, it would have to do with the fact that they're not going to touch it unless the engine quits or the transmission falls out. It's not on site at their warm shop and they aren't coming to it to do the work and they won't make any effort to bring it in, so it doesn't get repaired.

Yet you clearly keep driving them even with safety issues? We are protected by the contract in that aspect.

We have a remote. Most truck swaps are done on Saturday. So most of our remote guys know they are without their truck for 5 days regardless. Most unwisely just deal with the issues.