This ones for all you Guys and Gals who like to BEAT ORION

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Sometimes you have to make an executive decision to finish. Only one way to finish 180 stops before 16:00, and it's not the Orion way. I can prove doing two loops on some of these routes is a plan to fail. 20 years ago they used to teach management that if you plan to fail, you will fail.
enjoy the 200 plus stops you will have the following day

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
’89……..nothing against you, but if you do that 180 stops before 16:00 you’ve made THEIR problem YOUR problem. According to the op’s article……you have also justified their moronic new system. My executive decision would be to make MORE money!!
If you've done 180 by 4pm your an idiot. Ill call the center manager for ya in the morning and tell him 180 isn't enough for you SPEED RACER, you need enough work til at least 6pm. Ill tell him you need at least 280 stops. That should do the trick til 6pm lmfao.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If Orion is going to shuffle edd then the the load needs to be shuffled too. This. Needs to be done automatically. The next stop needs to be waiting for me just inside the door. Mmmkay?

Foamer Pyle

There is a reason why they use Google Earth to perform time studies now. There is no way a guy sitting at a computer screen can see all of the variables that a guy riding on your car will see. How convenient for the Company.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When I start my day, I am told what my Orion miles are and can't go over.

- Does not compensate for driving back to an area for a package I couldn't find
- Does not compensate for an on-call air that popped up at 345pm, needed to backtrack
- Can not meet drivers for air meets or to exchange misloads
- Have to sheet any misloads as missed, I can not drive off area (WHICH PROVES SERVICE HAS DISAPPEARED)

The next morning, I am judged on what Orion miles he told me and what miles I've driven PERIOD

OBVIOUSLY, UPS will lose business as drivers can no longer go the extra mile (pun intended) for our customers. Saving a gallon of gas in exchange for losing customers. I hope all you drivers fund your 401k because I wouldn't count on your pension staying afloat.

JackStraw

I've had it for a couple days now. When I asked the orion guy why it wants me to do only 2 stops on one street he said it wants you to do a K turn and continue in the opposite direction. Something that I've been told and trained NOT to do since day one. Today it thought I should be able to do 25 air/ground stops before 10:30. Maybe in UPS's virtual world, but not in my part of the world. I find myself sorting twice as much and handling packages multiple times. Again something I've been trained not to do since day 1. If your willing to work and drive in an unsafe manner, then I guess it might work. Wonder if this is how the newer drivers will be trained.

JL 0513

I have no idea how we are expected to run our annual rides now with Orion. Orion requires breaking long standing methods and rules. If you don't break these rules, Orion blows up. So when you're sitting there with a sup and feel that you must follow the old methods, the result will have you looking like an idiot driving excessively and working harder than normal. What are we supposed to do? I'm looking at my stops and Orion requires me to turn around in a residential driveway all the while we are told not to unless absolutely necessary. I can't believe we are put in this situation.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I've had it for a couple days now. When I asked the orion guy why it wants me to do only 2 stops on one street he said it wants you to do a K turn and continue in the opposite direction. Something that I've been told and trained NOT to do since day one. Today it thought I should be able to do 25 air/ground stops before 10:30. Maybe in UPS's virtual world, but not in my part of the world. I find myself sorting twice as much and handling packages multiple times. Again something I've been trained not to do since day 1. If your willing to work and drive in an unsafe manner, then I guess it might work. Wonder if this is how the newer drivers will be trained.

This is what I do not understand about Orion, for the most part it causes all that training that we have had engrained upon our souls to be tossed out the door. Why have a load chart when you are forced to dig for packages to satisify Orion? Why follow the methods when Orion wants you to go against what we have been taught....don' t handle the packages more than you must.

JL 0513

Less miles don't always translate to lower costs. We've already discussed the increased labor, UPS's greatest cost. If Orion shaves 3 miles off a route each day, that's about $1.25 savings in gas. If it increases our paid day a conservative 15 minutes, that's about $12.50 (OT). UPS's primary goal should be saving labor costs. Gas is dirt cheap compared to labor.

Crazy thing is is that many drivers report an increase in both.

The other thing that had come to mind is that not all miles are created equal. Orion believes they are. We all know that highway miles use less gas and is much less wear and tear on the vehicle. If I'm making an intelligent decision, I'll take a highway route that is 12 miles vs. the high traffic stop and go direct route that is 9 miles. The highway trip is quicker and much less use of brakes, transmission, suspension, ect. Orion will choose the 9 mile route ultimately costing the company more.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is what I do not understand about Orion, for the most part it causes all that training that we have had engrained upon our souls to be tossed out the door. Why have a load chart when you are forced to dig for packages to satisify Orion? Why follow the methods when Orion wants you to go against what we have been taught....don' t handle the packages more than you must.
The people who invented ORION don't know anything about our training or our work methods because they never did our jobs. Neither did the high-level UPS corporate geniuses who made a decision to spend money on ORION. They are simply incapable of understanding the difference between Clarksville and the real world.

MethodsMan

If you've done 180 by 4pm your an idiot. Ill call the center manager for ya in the morning and tell him 180 isn't enough for you SPEED RACER, you need enough work til at least 6pm. Ill tell him you need at least 280 stops. That should do the trick til 6pm lmfao.

406698.gif

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It doesn't dumb the job down. If anything it makes things more confusing.

Actually. It already has. There are days I am just bored to death. Same, same,same old things every day. Before edd and 911. You actually needed knowledge to know where things were. Like rd 1 box 29 àb. I still know where it is. But have no idea what the 911 number is. Haven't delivered there in 20 yrs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually. It already has. There are days I am just bored to death. Same, same,same old things every day. Before edd and 911. You actually needed knowledge to know where things were. Like rd 1 box 29 àb. I still know where it is. But have no idea what the 911 number is. Haven't delivered there in 20 yrs
Believe it or not some places still don't have 911 addresses.