This ones for all you Guys and Gals who like to BEAT ORION

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Never heard of it. Still not following your description of it. Sorry to sound ignorant but we don't use them here as far as I know (New England).

Ask some of the older drivers when you go in tomorrow. I know there were RD and RR Box numbers in New England as we had them here in NY.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of people out in country had to go to post office to pick up mail so they had no real street address. Just something like RR 1 which could be one of many houses. With 911 everyone had to have an actual street address so emergency vehicles could find the house.

Never heard of it. Still not following your description of it. Sorry to sound ignorant but we don't use them here as far as I know (New England).
Back in the old days. those routes would have a card box, Iinside the truck. They would have directions, printed on them. Jl 0513 house, turn left at the windmill, drive 2 miles house on left side, blue siding and white shutters. or something similar to that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Back in the old days. those routes would have a card box, Iinside the truck. They would have directions, printed on them. Jl 0513 house, turn left at the windmill, drive 2 miles house on left side, blue siding and white shutters. or something similar to that.
Ours was called a Bible. Day 2 for me. It worked fine yesterday with an Orion guy. No Orion guy today and I know I did not beat the computer.

Instead of jumping on the freeway, (60 mph)they routed my to and from through a downtown area, 35mph, 8 traffic lights, and it saves 2 miles..........................

I had 11 NDA left bldg at 925, did my first at 938. Added a bunch of ground with it, Ok it worked, barely.......

I knew it was going to be a crappy day when I got a message that I need to have a better day, I was 177 late. And only did 14.88 an hour. At 1032. I wrote back and told them to ask the Orion guy why? I dont know.

I thought I was a star. I did yesterday what I do at peak with a helper for 3 hours........
so then it routes me to do 15 residential. I can hear my businesses screaming already. Here I am doing my 1000 shelf that I can barely get to without climbing on bulk, and I need to get a LL bean off the 8000. So I open the back door, climb over everything and get it.

But I have been told it works, so I am trying to have an open mind...........

At 230, I panic, I have 3 savers in bulk stops and Im still climbing over bulk, so I shut it off for a minute and do it my way.

Then it gave me no time for a lunch break, so I took it anyway, I have to start my pick ups soon, and then there is no where to get a drink or a coffee.

I did more than the day before and got done by 7. But once I had to pull to start my pickups, and have to leave 15 more I should have got done before pick ups, I give up and do it my way. I have no idea where to start after pickups, coz I already friend'ed up the plan.
I am a disgruntled employee
Everyone is laughing at me when I get in, they are looking at the beat the pc sheet. They ask me how many miles I went, I told them 74....they tell me that I was suppose to do 60. I said I did 60 + so Im good. Why dont you people go home, who cares.

Ours. was called a Bible. Day 2 for me. It worked fine yesterday with an Orion guy. No Orion guy today and I know I did not beat the computer.

Instead of jumping on the freeway, (60 mph)they routed my to and from through a downtown area, 35mph, 8 traffic lights, and it saves 2 miles..........................

I had 11 NDA left bldg at 925, did my first at 938. Added a bunch of ground with it, Ok it worked, barely.......

I knew it was going to be a crappy day when I got a message that I need to have a better day, I was 177 late. And only did 14.88 an hour. At 1032. I wrote back and told them to ask the Orion guy why? I dont know.

I thought I was a star. I did yesterday what I do at peak with a helper for 3 hours........
so then it routes me to do 15 residential. I can hear my businesses screaming already. Here I am doing my 1000 shelf that I can barely get to without climbing on bulk, and I need to get a LL bean off the 8000. So I open the back door, climb over everything and get it.

But I have been told it works, so I am trying to have an open mind...........

At 230, I panic, I have 3 savers in bulk stops and Im still climbing over bulk, so I shut it off for a minute and do it my way.

Then it gave me no time for a lunch break, so I took it anyway, I have to start my pick ups soon, and then there is no where to get a drink or a coffee.

I did more than the day before and got done by 7. But once I had to pull to start my pickups, and have to leave 15 more I should have got done before pick ups, I give up and do it my way. I have no idea where to start after pickups, coz I already friend'ed up the plan.
I am a disgruntled employee
Everyone is laughing at me when I get in, they are looking at the beat the pc sheet. They ask me how many miles I went, I told them 74....they tell me that I was suppose to do 60. I said I did 60 + so Im good. Why dont you people go home, who cares.
Orion went too far, when they messed with Toonertoo :strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys:

tourists24

Thanks, but Im not impressed with it so far, I need more training!!!!
You won't get more training. One of the biggest problems I've seen so far is that ORION has it set up to be run much faster than it actually takes. Now you have a choice. Turn it off and do it right or follow their plan

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I already work like Orion. I'm constantly skipping shelves and grabbing stops off rear shelves to save miles. Everyday is different based on 10:30 and Noon commits and 3:00 and 4:30 commits. There is no way this program will beat me in the course of my 220 mile day. I pity the fool who thinks it will. I'm brownmonster.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You won't get more training. One of the biggest problems I've seen so far is that ORION has it set up to be run much faster than it actually takes. Now you have a choice. Turn it off and do it right or follow their plan

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was not "live" today as the Orion guy says he has work to do.
Do we have that option, when its live?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I already work like Orion. I'm constantly skipping shelves and grabbing stops off rear shelves to save miles. Everyday is different based on 10:30 and Noon commits and 3:00 and 4:30 commits. There is no way this program will beat me in the course of my 220 mile day. I pity the fool who thinks it will. I'm brownmonster.
its the same thing I do in my truck before Orion, If I can walk in it. Not because I want to beat miles, coz I just want to be done. If I had one of those trucks you could have an orgy in when you leave the building I would be a lean, mean, walking, talking, Orion machine.
But bulk prevents the orgy.

tourists24

Not according to them. But I use these priorities when it comes to ORION. Safety first. Service second. ORION third. If I can't make service on time using their way then I either skip the resis and continue with businesses or I turn it off and do it my way.
If they question that I explain this and then it is up to them to show me different

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not according to them. But I use these priorities when it comes to ORION. Safety first. Service second. ORION third. If I can't make service on time using their way then I either skip the resis and continue with businesses or I turn it off and do it my way.
If they question that I explain this and then it is up to them to show me different

Sent using BrownCafe App
So thats my theory as far as I have built a theory so far. Where do you restart?