This peak is ovah!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BigBrown3605, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BigBrown3605

BigBrown3605 Member

Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

apparently Fed Ex has logistics issues...

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

119 stops and a couple of clicks under 9.5 and I am done.

Now, where is that 9.5 list I need to sign.

6. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

it's a rolling 5 month list here...

7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Peak's over? They must not do the January cuts like they do here then. Peak isn't over here till Feb.

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I had 192 Friday, they tried to dispatch me with 259 today. I had 17 of my 39 NDA stops pulled off for the split car, still had 242. It looked like they didn't even try to run any of Friday's late air Saturday, I delivered several late paychecks today. When I got back to the building, my supervisor had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to go back out and help the driver next to me, he left the building with 211 stops and still had 60 to go. I declined his request, and I took Wednesday off. The last few years we have had to use Preloaders as Helpers after Christmas for a week or so. I'm looking forward to signing the 9.5 list again.

9. slantnosechevy

slantnosechevy Active Member

We ran into the same thing. Then today we had several late mis-sorted NDA's arrive around 4pm from one of the hubs. As drivers came in they offered to run them even on Xmas Eve. They were told leave 'em set. Why did they waste time sending a driver to pick them up if they weren't going to deliver them. It looked good on paper that they left the hub. UPS never runs out of places to hide things.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep I had to help a driver who they didn't try to deliver any of the late air Friday for his route. Then on top of that on Friday they told him to sheet everything left as EC at 5 PM because he had to take other people's sat air back to the building.

11. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

We were blamed for the air not being delivered Saturday because 'enough drivers didnt volunteer' . I had 220 today,and this was the heaviest Christmas Eve I have ever seen. I'm taking Wednesday off too :happy-very:

I'm pretty sure I'll be on the 9.5 list second week of January. Grady will be mad at me yet again lol

12. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Fed ex is stupid. Moderate that

13. DS

DS Fenderbender

Fedex is a well respected world class courier company.One more comment like that and it's a suspension.:peaceful:

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Fred smith is a republican scum bag. Relate to that.

15. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Seems mgt waited until 8:45am to inform me ( by phone ) that Monday's start time was 9:00am .
    I was lucky to get there by 10 am and finished by 19:45 .

16. Speedy Cerviche

Speedy Cerviche New Member

He gets a verbal warning first (witnessed by a steward), then a letter of reprimand, THEN a suspension.

17. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

I knew it was gonna be a bad Xmas eve. I hauled 395% into our center, and greensboro followed that up with 350%. Plus the fact that the weather sucked(rainy and cold).

I'll bet the ground pounders were out late.

18. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

It was for me @ 20:42 last night. Now the fun will continue half way thru January at least

19. Kevin211

Kevin211 Member

Everyone complains about peak season...I've been with ups for 5 yrs now and it's now different then any other day...All this talk for what, NOTHING!!