This pisses me off a whole lot....

filthpig

Nobody ever has "one" thing to move. Usually the little couch turns out to be a 300 pound hide-a-bed that goes up a flight of stairs and around a 180 degree corner. How about volunteering the little woman to watch your buddies kids while you and him go fishing. See how that flies.:wink2:
That could be in a handbook titled "How to Activate the Cocklock"!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was married, we did the time share sales pitch thing a couple of times. We got a TV for the car and a free weekend in New Mexico (we were stationed in Texas at the time) but she always hated the high pressure tactics.

Hedley_Lamarr

When your spouse "volunteers" you to move a table or some crap like that on your day off. All because I happen to own a pickup. With no A/C. It's not like that's what I spent 55 hrs doing this week. Sorry. Had to vent.
By the way, I said "Hell no!"
My wife has NO friggen clue what we go through, and how beat to sheet you are after delivering packages all week. She thinks I can install wood flooring, re-do he mothers bathroom, etc, etc. you are right to say HELL NO!

FromBluetoBrown

I think according to "Man Law" 6 pack of beer divided by "a" (a being the number of boxes being moved).

And the guy with the pick up gets first dibs on the hot neighbor girl

under the radar

A Trained Professional
You just need to sit her down and explain the way things are going to be. Tell her you wear the pants and her job is to make sure you’re happy and fed. I think once you firmly counsel her, she’ll understand.

Or

Just jump off most any tall bridge or building, the outcome should be the same.

I wear the pants in MY family. I decide when I want to do the dishes and when I want to scrub the floors!

browniehound

My wife has NO friggen clue what we go through, and how beat to sheet you are after delivering packages all week. She thinks I can install wood flooring, re-do he mothers bathroom, etc, etc. you are right to say HELL NO!

This is why I don't think I will ever marry or own my own home. I am simply too spent to do anything besides relax on weekends and vacations. I hardly go anywhere on vacations because I'm just too tired to travel.

I chose this life so I'm not complaining. Monday-Friday my life consists of UPS for 11-12 hours (9-10 of actual work, add 1 hour of lunch and 45 minutes round trip commute). I come home, eat, and then I'll be lucky to stay awake an hour or 2 after that.

I'm lucky in the fact that my girlfriend understands what we do and appreciates how hard we work. She would NEVER ask me to mow her lawn or whatever on a weeknight! She gets it! When I see her after work she does everything for me and for that she is one in a million.

I say that only after reading these posts. I'm shocked that many wives have problems with their UPS husbands working long hours. My girl looks at it like a way to get ahead. She too, picks up extra shifts and worked 19 days in a row during one stretch! Her job doesn't involve any physical labor so any of us UPSers could do that standing on our head:wink2:.

Did I complain that she was never around? No, and she doesn't complain about me not being around because I'm working. It would be different if she or I were out clubbing until 5 am every saturday. Then I can understand a spouse being mad.

I can't however, understand a spouse being mad that the other is not around if that other is working to make their lives more comfortable.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I can't however, understand a spouse being mad that the other is not around if that other is working to make their lives more comfortable."

Maybe the partner has been reading the forum about gals & guys being attracted to the browns......a little jealousy maybe.:happy-very:

I can't however, understand a spouse being mad that the other is not around if that other is working to make their lives more comfortable.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I married my wife because I love being with her and she feels the same about me. I do understand a spouse wanting their mate home when they are home.
My wife doesn't like the long hours I have to work most of the time. She worries about how the long hard hours are hurting my body ans how tired I am after a day of work. She would rather have me home at 6pm than to have a couple of hours of overtime pay. She never gets mad at me for the long hours, sho knows I really have little control of that.

She does know better than to volunteer me to do anything without asking me first. I show her the same respect.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Phil Graham had it right when he said "We are a nation of whiners". Back in the day I would come home from a feeder run at 6:00am do a little home improvement, quietely of course, get breakfast ready and get everyone off to school and work. Having all night to plan my day helped. After my hub closed , feeders were downsized & I went to delivery the work around the house took longer to get done but I looked forward to chores that did not take any thinking.
Now I have all day but some of them jobs still don't get done soon enough to please the lady of the house.

browniehound

"I can't however, understand a spouse being mad that the other is not around if that other is working to make their lives more comfortable."

Maybe the partner has been reading the forum about gals & guys being attracted to the browns......a little jealousy maybe.:happy-very:

More,
I told her about that, lol. I do think she still worries because she understands what the brown uniform can do, right? Maybe she is a little jealous. I want her to feel that way a bit. Is there anything wrong with that?