This place is a joke

vantexan

Unfortunately, if you are 45-55, it's fairly tough to reinvent the wheel and have any expectation of getting a good job. Even if you do go back to school and get a degree, there is going to be someone younger who will likely get the job. In other words, a lot of long-term Express employees are stuck. Many of us made the career decision to stay with FedEx at a critical age level and got burned when Fred reneged on almost everything that made the company a good place to work. Obviously, you do not understand this about FedEx.

I've never understood why some are so cavalier with other people's work. They make it sound like it's just like changing clothes. I think maybe they're used to being paid well and have a nice nest egg to fall back on and just assume we do too. For many couriers to have anything means going into debt and living paycheck to paycheck. And praying nothing serious happens.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've never understood why some are so cavalier with other people's work. They make it sound like it's just like changing clothes. I think maybe they're used to being paid well and have a nice nest egg to fall back on and just assume we do too. For many couriers to have anything means going into debt and living paycheck to paycheck. And praying nothing serious happens.

Yep. TUT doesn't understand this, nor Fred's series of takeaways.

TUT

Unfortunately, if you are 45-55, it's fairly tough to reinvent the wheel and have any expectation of getting a good job. Even if you do go back to school and get a degree, there is going to be someone younger who will likely get the job. In other words, a lot of long-term Express employees are stuck. Many of us made the career decision to stay with FedEx at a critical age level and got burned when Fred reneged on almost everything that made the company a good place to work. Obviously, you do not understand this about FedEx.

You are better than that. You are throwing in the towel on yourself. Yes you can get a job elsewhere, yes you can go to a tech school and get a job at your age. There are a lot of 45-55'ers out there doing just this. I have to go by what you write and you aren't doing it now, just for the same reason you didn't do it 10 years ago or 20 years ago. You also passed on a chance at management at Fedex which could have done one of two things for you... "Get in, help the idiots out and make it better, while getting paid more", "Get paid better and just go along with the idiots, you wouldn't have known better anyway". You said no to any type of personal advancements and now you sit there rallying Internet people. I only say what I do next, because if it were reversed, you in a good enough situation and me being in a bad one, I whined and cried year in and out over my job... the only sane answer to give me would be "For your own well being go find something else, man!".

There is nothing to understand about Fedex here, this happens in all walks of life, Fedex isn't alone in corporate takeaways, their just par for the course right now. Stop with the I don't get it, it's more like you don't want to hear it. You box yourself in, I didn't use boxed, because you seemingly still do it today. You are playing the role of victim and others here the part of enabler. Snap the **** out of it.

vantexan

You are better than that. You are throwing in the towel on yourself. Yes you can get a job elsewhere, yes you can go to a tech school and get a job at your age. There are a lot of 45-55'ers out there doing just this. I have to go by what you write and you aren't doing it now, just for the same reason you didn't do it 10 years ago or 20 years ago. You also passed on a chance at management at Fedex which could have done one of two things for you... "Get in, help the idiots out and make it better, while getting paid more", "Get paid better and just go along with the idiots, you wouldn't have known better anyway". You said no to any type of personal advancements and now you sit there rallying Internet people. I only say what I do next, because if it were reversed, you in a good enough situation and me being in a bad one, I whined and cried year in and out over my job... the only sane answer to give me would be "For your own well being go find something else, man!".

There is nothing to understand about Fedex here, this happens in all walks of life, Fedex isn't alone in corporate takeaways, their just par for the course right now. Stop with the I don't get it, it's more like you don't want to hear it. You box yourself in, I didn't use boxed, because you seemingly still do it today. You are playing the role of victim and others here the part of enabler. Snap the **** out of it.

What you just don't get is that after years of having it done to us the last thing we'd want to do is do it to others. Some things matter more than money if making money means taking advantage of others.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

As I have said before, I make my real money elsewhere, so I have moved-on career-wise. FedEx is my source of benefits, however poor. One of my biggest motives on this site is educating current employees who are young enough to leave to actually do it.

DS

Fenderbender
Nothing but love for our express brothers and sisters from all the office drivers we share the same road and deal with the same bs
I say if we going to have a pissed match let it be with the ups brownies :peaceful:
Why? We are in the same armada,albeit maybe not the same boat.
They ride us like black beauty every day.I have no animosity towards fedex.
This is really a good thread so far.Maybe the title should be changed to something less innocuous.
I like Station to station.

TUT

What you just don't get is that after years of having it done to us the last thing we'd want to do is do it to others. Some things matter more than money if making money means taking advantage of others.

What are you talking about doing it to others? I suggest those that know there is nothing left but doom at Fedex to do the only smart thing, find another place of employment. I can't think of any more logical conclusion to a person who feels this way. Sitting there and bitching does nothing good for you or are you guys trying to sabotage yourselves?

Tut: Man I hate my job, all these rules that don't matter.
Tut: Man I don't make enough for all this BS.
Tut: Those above me are idiots.
Tut: Man I this job doesn't pay enough.
Tut: Man I hate that they keep taking things away from me.
Tut: ______________

Now wouldn't logic state it's time to go look for something else to do? Fedex would even want you to do that. You mom would. Your friends would. But you won't?

What kind of disorder are we talking about here? Your stuck in the "I want to change my boyfriend mode" vs "I need to go find another boyfriend".

TUT

As I have said before, I make my real money elsewhere, so I have moved-on career-wise. FedEx is my source of benefits, however poor. One of my biggest motives on this site is educating current employees who are young enough to leave to actually do it.

You're a real piece. Well I'm sure they thank you for the public service, but if they have any ounce, whatever they do they should be able to put it together if the job is worth it to them or not. It's hard for me to believe your words here are actually the truth and without me having to waste my time going back on past posts, now Fedex is just a secondary income... So why not just give yourself 40+ more hours a week, quit Fedex, put that into your other business and make enough to just buy your own insurances? Fishy.

So people ask why I come here... you come here just to educate others your a modern day Mother Teresa. You are financially secure even outside of Fedex, you do it as a public service to those working at Fedex so they don't make the mistake of planning a career there. If I were a conspiracy man, I'd think you work for a Union pushing their agenda.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
TThanks, Dr. Phil. If you've read enough of my posts, you'd know I am no big fan of Hoffa or the IBT. So much for your stupid theory.

Rhoderunner

Maybe we could all help to make it just a little less intimidating to others who may have something to contribute - but just would really rather not get their clothes torn....is it possible?....or would it be easier to get a union at Express?
We could always set up the octagon and have a few 5 minute rounds. :wink2:
I'm afraid it would look more like WWE than UFC though :knockedout:

I picture MFE as Jerry 'The King' Lawler and BBSM as Mankind

(all in good fun boys) :peaceful:

vantexan

What are you talking about doing it to others? I suggest those that know there is nothing left but doom at Fedex to do the only smart thing, find another place of employment. I can't think of any more logical conclusion to a person who feels this way. Sitting there and bitching does nothing good for you or are you guys trying to sabotage yourselves?

Tut: Man I hate my job, all these rules that don't matter.
Tut: Man I don't make enough for all this BS.
Tut: Those above me are idiots.
Tut: Man I this job doesn't pay enough.
Tut: Man I hate that they keep taking things away from me.

Now wouldn't logic state it's time to go look for something else to do? Fedex would even want you to do that. You mom would. Your friends would. But you won't?

What kind of disorder are we talking about here? Your stuck in the "I want to change my boyfriend mode" vs "I need to go find another boyfriend".

You suggested going into management at FedEx which is what I'm referring to. I've known some good mgrs, and they usually don't last in this system. What you are essentially saying is instead of FedEx honoring the promises they made, everything is on us. That FedEx is perfectly fine doing what they do, and if we don't like it we should leave. In effect all of our hard work, dedication, sacrifice mean very little to you. Again, very cavalier with other people's work. And I didn't even mention the difficulty of finding adequate work in this economy, especially for older employees. But that doesn't matter because we're just cogs in the machine, right?

bbsam

Staff member
I think what TUT is saying is that Fred has broken promised and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. So really, without a union it is up to each individual to make the very best of the situation they find themselves in. That may or may not be at Fedex.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You suggested going into management at FedEx which is what I'm referring to. I've known some good mgrs, and they usually don't last in this system. What you are essentially saying is instead of FedEx honoring the promises they made, everything is on us. That FedEx is perfectly fine doing what they do, and if we don't like it we should leave. In effect all of our hard work, dedication, sacrifice mean very little to you. Again, very cavalier with other people's work. And I didn't even mention the difficulty of finding adequate work in this economy, especially for older employees. But that doesn't matter because we're just cogs in the machine, right?

TUT thinks we all need to be like him. You know, cleaning "stuff" out of peoples keyboards? I think almost all long-term Express employees would have left long ago had they known the direction the company was going to take. They didn't, and a lot of us made a bad decision. Going back to when FedEx was a good place to work, the logical decision would be to stay. Nobody ever though Smith would go as far as he did with the takeaways, and now, a lot of 45-55 somethings are stuck at Express because it isn't that simple to just leave and get re-trained. Will TUT or Fred pay your mortgage in the meantime? Hey TUT, lookup the phrase "Catch 22" and tell me what you find. Fred S totally :censored2: upon the people who built his empire for him.

TUT

I think what TUT is saying is that Fred has broken promised and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. So really, without a union it is up to each individual to make the very best of the situation they find themselves in. That may or may not be at Fedex.

Pretty much. I perhaps I sound like a dick, but I assure you I personally would like to see you treated better, avg joe's be treated better for sure. But there is a point where you just need to do the thing that is right for you and leave Fred and Fedex out of your life's decisions. If I were going to a bar with a friend, night after night and I kept harping about my job, months in I'm sure at the most that friend would punch me in the face and say "Stop playing the gosh darn victim and find another job!", like he had done several times in in his life, benefiting from such moves himself.

TUT

TUT thinks we all need to be like him. You know, cleaning "stuff" out of peoples keyboards? I think almost all long-term Express employees would have left long ago had they known the direction the company was going to take. They didn't, and a lot of us made a bad decision. Going back to when FedEx was a good place to work, the logical decision would be to stay. Nobody ever though Smith would go as far as he did with the takeaways, and now, a lot of 45-55 somethings are stuck at Express because it isn't that simple to just leave and get re-trained. Will TUT or Fred pay your mortgage in the meantime? Hey TUT, lookup the phrase "Catch 22" and tell me what you find. Fred S totally :censored2: upon the people who built his empire for him.

Keep playing the role as a victim. You hate your job, your an idiot then for staying and if you want a job and you are a hard worker you will not only find a job but a good one. If you were righteous you'd even come back and thank me.

TUT

You know what the contract is with avg jobs, when you get your paycheck both sides are square. When you first hired in you knew that, you said you'd do anything and all of that. Weeks later, you know better, friend-what I said to get in, I'm in, now I want what I want! No you are square when you are paid, each time it is possibly the last one, the contract expires. You know how many people have changed jobs in their lives? You know how many have had it worse than you? Millions and Millions.

I see people getting jobs all the time in my area which isn't known to be economy proof. Good people, willing to find a job, will get one. Since a Fedex job now sucks it won't be hard finding a replacement. It's not like your leaving a 150K job trying to replace that.

Your hard work and dedication ultimately becomes something in your own mind, the paycheck is the contract and it can be expired any week.

This does not mean Fedex didn't do you wrong. But it is what it is, I see both sides, I'm just saying you don't really hold any cards and you are short changing yourself staying at a place you do not like.

TUT

Instead of thinking what Tut thinks you or others should be doing. Here, you can read my fortune cookie to you:

TUT thinks MFE has an agenda, talks out both sides of his mouth a lot. One time he's trying to bring Fedex down, then the next he's trying to save it. Today we learned he doesn't really even need his income at Fedex (even though he's fighting for every scrap he can get), he's there just for the beni's which he says sucks and that makes little sense. Oh yah, and he's here for others at Fedex to warn them, because well they can't think for themselves. The only conclusion I can come to without him coming more clear on specifics is... he's full of ****.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Keep playing the role as a victim. You hate your job, your an idiot then for staying and if you want a job and you are a hard worker you will not only find a job but a good one. If you were righteous you'd even come back and thank me.

I stay for the medical benefits because real estate is a true "independent contractor" enterprise. I'm so glad you believe in "American Enterprise", because I am a very hard worker, highly educated, and I would very likely find nothing worth my time considering I am in that 45-55 age group. I don't know how old you are, but I'm starting to think you have no idea what I'm talking about.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Instead of thinking what Tut thinks you or others should be doing. Here, you can read my fortune cookie to you:

TUT thinks MFE has an agenda, talks out both sides of his mouth a lot. One time he's trying to bring Fedex down, then the next he's trying to save it. Today we learned he doesn't really even need his income at Fedex (even though he's fighting for every scrap he can get), he's there just for the beni's which he says sucks and that makes little sense. Oh yah, and he's here for others at Fedex to warn them, because well they can't think for themselves. The only conclusion I can come to without him coming more clear on specifics is... he's full of ****.

Here's my fortune cookie for you: "He who opens his big mouth too often will often find himself in a job cleaning splooge out of abacus".