This place SUCKS!!!!

Rhoderunner

Most of us were send messages while on the road Sat with a punch out time NOT to be missed for fear of going over 70. I'm with Goldi 'One more day!!'

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our station hit 17.000 inbound yesterday. The norm is 7.000. We all worked 70 hours. One more day...

Only 10,000 over? What a bunch of slackers!! The engineers sitting in their warm, cozy cubicles in Memphis say you should have gotten it all off with time to spare.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most of us were send messages while on the road Sat with a punch out time NOT to be missed for fear of going over 70. I'm with Goldi 'One more day!!'

We were also allowed to go up to 70...first time I have ever seen it. Usually, 60 is a line in the sand they don't cross. Just another example of how effed-up it is.

XFILED

We were also allowed to go up to 70...first time I have ever seen it. Usually, 60 is a line in the sand they don't cross. Just another example of how effed-up it is.

I remember also when we couldn't go over 60 hours but the past couple years its been 70 hours...I think I worked around 60 Hours this week....

overflowed

Nope this was for another Dot rule Concerning restarts. You have to have 34 hrs between. They want to start everyone early tomorrow at say 6 right?

StuffItFred

Nope this was for another Dot rule Concerning restarts. You have to have 34 hrs between. They want to start everyone early tomorrow at say 6 right?

Yep, worked 9hrs yesterday. They sent people home in fear of the 70hr rule but then found that 34hr loop hole. Amazing how it always seems to work in their favor.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I guess I'm the odd person out.. we had a great peak, seemed relatively easy, 150+% increased inbound.
Lots of Food... I wish I got 60 this week.. I might have got 50 I hope.

That's been common in this area, too. Freight on time every day, which helps. Most people with 50+ hours and a couple at or above 60. The only rule about hours is to stay in compliance with the 70/8 rule.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We have a bunch of PT who got 60.

We had a couple of PT'ers who did that. To be fair, what about the FT couriers who hand off volume and still complain about having to stay on the road until 1730, with no additional help, as others are out until 2000?

fedex435

We had a veteran "earned the right" courier of 18 years do 45 deliveries and drove around 65 miles...what a joke. Manager said nothing and will never do nothing. This place is a joke.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm not a "veteran" but, I'm not gonna do more than my 17 SPH. Why should I? Just b'c it's busy doesn't mean I start driving faster.
As soon as they see you do 20 SPH, that's gonna be your new goal Dec. 26th.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not a "veteran" but, I'm not gonna do more than my 17 SPH. Why should I? Just b'c it's busy doesn't mean I start driving faster.
As soon as they see you do 20 SPH, that's gonna be your new goal Dec. 26th.

Your reward for hard work is always...even more work. Exactly.

fedex435

You can still take some pride in your work and do your damn job. 45 deliveries, thats it. 15 miles to his area 15 back 65 total is an absolute joke. He's off at five while others are out till 7 8 or nine doing double the work. Thats common place around here. Lazy lazy lazy gimme gimme gimme gimme because ive put the time in but never have done a damn thing. I sick of this attitude around here

mitchel

I have to almost laugh at some of you guys..no offense goldi. This is peak, its not new. You know you are going to work your ass off, cept you also know the ones at your station that make things hell..they slack all year coming into peak. I wish i could just say..if you hate the company and your job so bad..get another one...but thats not realistic. Ive worked for 17 years and am just as pissed at changes as most of you....but you know what i still go to work and enjoy it..once i get out of the building. And my station was smart enough to bring in food in stages so each shift got something. haha

mitchel

i completely agree with you about this guy..at my station he would have no seniority at all. these are the people that piss me off...the self thinking entitled ones, who believe everyone around them should do thier work, "they put their time in" Ive put in 17, and i have no problem asking for help when i need it, but its the ones that abuse it that usually bitch the most...And yes, im a swing driver so i know damn well who the drivers are that abuse the system and help list the most

Goldilocks

I have to almost laugh at some of you guys..no offense goldi. This is peak, its not new. You know you are going to work your ass off, cept you also know the ones at your station that make things hell..they slack all year coming into peak. I wish i could just say..if you hate the company and your job so bad..get another one...but thats not realistic. Ive worked for 17 years and am just as pissed at changes as most of you....but you know what i still go to work and enjoy it..once i get out of the building. And my station was smart enough to bring in food in stages so each shift got something. haha

I'm not mad about the situation, lets just say frustrated. Our station did not have the madpower to handle the amount of inbound freight. It was not our managers fault because who knew that we would exceed our past peak volume, it exploded. We still have I'm guessing over 1000 packages sitting on deck. Throw DRA in the mix creating too many routes, it was just nuts. Some of our drivers in past peaks would go out with 300 plus stops. This year with DRA they went out with 160. They loved it.....It should all get done today.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can still take some pride in your work and do your damn job. 45 deliveries, thats it. 15 miles to his area 15 back 65 total is an absolute joke. He's off at five while others are out till 7 8 or nine doing double the work. Thats common place around here. Lazy lazy lazy gimme gimme gimme gimme because ive put the time in but never have done a damn thing. I sick of this attitude around here

Maybe you and your Purple Pal here can team-up and go for FedEx "Gold". Jesus, what do you think busting your ass for this company is going to get you? If you like "Attaboys" and paper BZ's that are worth nothing then you are at the right place. Working hard for Fred S gets you nothing but more work and higher expectations. What don't you get understand? Do your SPH....and nothing more. If you want to be a hero, by all means..GO FOR IT!! We'll all be laughing at you anyway.

A true slacker like the one you describe needs to be dealt with...by management. Simpering aboiut it here will get you nowhere.