This Rant Brought To You By...

It is a good thing for support to work, but, too many women are very spiteful. Being one, I can say that. It's not a good thing to be. Causes wrinkles, stress headaches, and ends up making you a very ugly person. Inside and out. Seen it too many times. It's not a female trait, only, though. FYI.:wink2:
Hope it isn't her or a "friend" of hers. Lord knows, you are too nice a guy to have this happen to you. Good luck.
I think we might have a love connection?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, let me begin by stating that from what I have learned about you from this forum that this does seem to be out of character for you. You did say that you were trying to smoke the route to get done to spend time with your daughters so it is possible that in your haste you may have had a bout of road rage. You said it yourself--"when it comes to spending time with my girls the gloves come off". Traffic in Florida can be frustrating and that is in the family mini-van, not a PC. I will tell you that if this had happened in my center you would have been suspended pending termination. You got off easy with a warning letter.

Do not try to contact the person who called in the concern--that would not end up working out well for you, good intentions or not.

Do not listen to those here who have hinted that Melissa may have had something to do with this--I don't know where that came from but there is no basis for that and it would serve only to further divide the two of you when you should be trying to get along for the sake of the girls.

5 late airs?? Delivering ground and air together is ideal but not at the expense of late airs.

I do hope that the truth comes out about this, you are cleared and the center manager apologizes for his "this does sound like you" statement. Dave.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It wasn't meant to throw gas on a fire, it was just a question. Some women do things like that, as do some men. Just asking because it does seem out of character, from what I have gathered. I do admit that I tend to look for boogey-men a bit more than others. Something I learned from my father.

I do not wish for any child to suffer through any marital/post-marital strife.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It is a good thing for support to work, but, too many women are very spiteful. Being one, I can say that. It's not a good thing to be. Causes wrinkles, stress headaches, and ends up making you a very ugly person. Inside and out. Seen it too many times. It's not a female trait, only, though. FYI.:wink2:
Hope it isn't her or a "friend" of hers. Lord knows, you are too nice a guy to have this happen to you. Good luck.
Thanks!

+1
This is what you must do. Steve, make sure you file that letter of protest, do not blow it off.
And then, forget about it...
Will do.

I think we might have a love connection?????
Ha Ha Ha!

Steve, let me begin by stating that from what I have learned about you from this forum that this does seem to be out of character for you. You did say that you were trying to smoke the route to get done to spend time with your daughters so it is possible that in your haste you may have had a bout of road rage. You said it yourself--"when it comes to spending time with my girls the gloves come off". Traffic in Florida can be frustrating and that is in the family mini-van, not a PC. I will tell you that if this had happened in my center you would have been suspended pending termination. You got off easy with a warning letter.

Do not try to contact the person who called in the concern--that would not end up working out well for you, good intentions or not.

Do not listen to those here who have hinted that Melissa may have had something to do with this--I don't know where that came from but there is no basis for that and it would serve only to further divide the two of you when you should be trying to get along for the sake of the girls.

5 late airs?? Delivering ground and air together is ideal but not at the expense of late airs.

I do hope that the truth comes out about this, you are cleared and the center manager apologizes for his "this does sound like you" statement. Dave.
Thanks Dave, and I agree about it not being Melissa. As far as rage, that's definitely not the case. When I "smoke" the route, I always leave room for skipping my lunch, if need be. I haven't had to skip lunch, ever, and am never in that much of a hurry that I would be so foolish. All i can think of is that I must have jumped in front of this person in traffic somewhere (as we frequently do), and this person took it upon themselves to create the rest of the story. I hope upon review, that my boss will realize his mistake and apologize.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I cant believe that Dave made a whole post I can agree with 100%. Daaannnnnggg.

I forgot to mention, I've had 7 late NDA pkgs within weeks of each other, including 5 in one day, that I have not received a warning letter for. I was trying to run ground and air so I could smoke the route, not that it matters, but the fact that they overlooked this which I admitted to, yet are running with this complaint, makes one wonder.

Steve, you have gotten a golden pass. 7 late, 5 in one day. That, if done in two days, would be a suspension here. Third day? They would have you terminated pending a hearing. While stuff happens, never screw with air. Especially delivering ground first.

I totally understand wanting to maximize your time with your girls, but playing games with your job is not a good idea, otherwise you might find you have a lot of time to spend, but no money to pay support, which in most states is cause to deny a father visitation rights, period. And a job that pays less will not work well either. So protect your job by not doing stupid things.

So do the right thing. You only save maybe 5-10 minutes by cutting it that close. You will lose every bit of that and more when you get pulled into the office for air failures.

As far as the boss appologizing, dont hold your breath. Wait on the warning letter, if it is timely, file a letter of protest. If the letter is not timely, file. If you do not get a letter, let it go. If I got a warning letter every time UPS threatened to give me one, I would have had a whole library full, instead of a filing cabinet drawer full.

d

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are kidding right. Why would you try to run air nd ground if you didnt positively without any doubt know you could do it. That is proof on paper. The other is toilet paper.

In any other company, this behaviour would be lauded and appreciated even if the attempted was unsuccessful. At UPS, it could go either way, but it is usually followed by warning letters and documentation.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm not a driver, but is it possible telematics could vindicate you?

If they say you did this or that while driving, perhaps there is some report that might prove your innocence?

Although, it does occur to me that if this was the case, you or someone else would already have thought of it.

Telematics were only implemented to find things wrong. God forbid the company used them to help an employee, especially when the center manager clearly already sided with the accuser.

rod

Retired 22 years
For the most part management will always believe a customer over a driver-- but when a local nutcase called the UPS 800 number something like 60 times and complained that the UPS driver who went by his country house was shooting deer out of his UPS truck while driving down his road even our center manager had to laugh. My only comment to Dave would be "smoking a route" will always come back to haunt you. Especially if it is your own bid route. At some point in their lives UPS kids realise that Dad or Mom can't make every ball game or dance recital. Having a job is more important than a few missed events.

whiskey

Thanks!

Will do.

Ha Ha Ha!

Thanks Dave, and I agree about it not being Melissa. As far as rage, that's definitely not the case. When I "smoke" the route, I always leave room for skipping my lunch, if need be. I haven't had to skip lunch, ever, and am never in that much of a hurry that I would be so foolish. All i can think of is that I must have jumped in front of this person in traffic somewhere (as we frequently do), and this person took it upon themselves to create the rest of the story. I hope upon review, that my boss will realize his mistake and apologize.

I cut off one of my customers 3 times in the same day. I didn't realize it was her. I was in a p1000 and she was in her car. What are the odds on that? It was many years ago, but we still laugh about it today.
90 percent of my customers love me and 10 percent hate me.

packageguy

Steve, put a rebuttal letter in for that warning letter, stating that it is
hear say. anyboby can call and say what they want. There needs to be a name, address, phone number, where it happend, and what time. I hope it all works out for you.

Driveslayer

Remember that Your(Steve) family may rely on your health insurance benifits if they get sick. Read, study and practice the UPS safety methods, the 340 methods, the UPS code of conduct and the labor aggreement. If you learn and establish these methods, EVERTHING else will fall into place. You may get harrassed because your SPH will decrease, but self respect and peace of mind will go thru the ceiling. My defensive parking drives sups internally crazy, but I make more money while following written corporate policy and no one can argue that. UPS has two performance standards. The corporate written rule and the unwritten rule of ignoring the corporate written rule to do whatever it takes to improve numbers. Take care

over9five

Staff member
It is also possible that some UPS guy *may* have flipped that person off, and the customer called in the plate number of the next package car they saw..... not the one they had the incident with.

DS

Fenderbender
I was informed today that MGMT has read my rant and will look further into the incident. To be cont...
Hi Fella's(much more fun here than upsers.com eh!) this is totally out of character for Steve,he's innocent!!!
Besides,even if GPS shows him to be where the incident allegedly occurred,customers have plenty of reasons to hate ups,and will
often take out their frustrations the only way they can.
Think hard before you :hang: him

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Received a customer complaint a few years ago of whipping someone the middle finger salute. Will admit now I did it. Was almost T-boned when they ran a stop sign. When confronted by my on car just stated "Was just trying to flick a booger off my finger" He just laughed it off and subject never came up again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your supervisor probably decided to give you a warning letter because he has to at least look like he is doing something about a concern that landed on his desk. He is just covering his own ass, nothing more. In 9 months the warning letter will be gone. Almost anybody who has put in a few years as a driver will wind up with a bogus warning letter or two in his/her file, so now you get to join our little club.

I would point out that your right to union representation was violated when your supervisor questioned you over the phone without a shop steward present. I would also strongly suggest that you not discuss the issue any further with your management team unless and until a steward is in the office with you.