This Rant Brought To You By...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Interesting that MGNT is reading BC. Hmmmmm...........
What have I REALLY been wanting to tell a certain someone for a very loooong time?!?!? Tooo tempting.:wink2:
Apparently, I'm like E.friend. Hutton, at least in my center, I get all kinds of feedback. Of course my lack of annonymity doesn't help.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They just show how thin-skinned they are to actually spend their day sniffing around here just to try and dig up some little scrap, like a seagull. Probably crap all over like them, too. I'm sure some day this post will be thrown in my face. I don't think the giggles would end for weeks!!:happy-very::happy-very:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Apparently, I'm like E.friend. Hutton, at least in my center, I get all kinds of feedback. Of course my lack of annonymity doesn't help.

Not to mention, it shows you have character. You don't feel the need to hide. Like they do when they are trolling around looking, wanting, hoping for some dirty little secret to use against you, like a street thug. A blackmailer. Scum.

If they can't figure out who I am, well, they already are idiots. And, before any management people who have morales start getting a bee in your bonnet, I am not talking about you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To me there is a fine line between not feeling the need to hide and putting too much of yourself out there for the world to see.

You have not been around long enough to have followed the "Where's my DIAD thread", which Steve started and which put him and his comments here under scrutiny. It also didn't help when he posted a compromising picture of his on-car supervisor for the world to see. Steve has brought this attention upon himself.

I don't know whether or not the complaint is valid. I would like to think that it isn't.

Someone mentioned GPS and whether it would show him in that location at that time. This could put him at the scene but would offer nothing beyond that.

I do hope the complaint is proven to be false.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I understand what you are saying. I was speaking more to the ones scouring the site looking for things to use against someone. I find that to be scummy. I hold no ill will towards anyone who is protective of their own self. It is human nature.

I have not been around very long. I am very naive at times. I expect the world to kind and caring, alas, it is not.

I agree about hoping it is thrown out. He does seem to be a very nice person.

Nimnim

The Nim
I understand what you are saying. I was speaking more to the ones scouring the site looking for things to use against someone. I find that to be scummy. I hold no ill will towards anyone who is protective of their own self. It is human nature.

I have not been around very long. I am very naive at times. I expect the world to kind and caring, alas, it is not.

I agree about hoping it is thrown out. He does seem to be a very nice person.

Nice? STUG is the scourge of the earth. He slaughters babies like they were common houseflies! He once killed a man with a ruler just to see if the ruler was indeed unbreakable...

I jest, really. in my time here STUG always appeared to be a nice enough guy where the kind of reported action is uncharacteristic. I don't have any problems believing the person who complained fabricated things. Good luck with this Steve, and even if the warning letter isn't withdrawn it's hardly the end of the world.

ups1990

I forgot to mention, I've had 7 late NDA pkgs within weeks of each other, including 5 in one day, that I have not received a warning letter for. I was trying to run ground and air so I could smoke the route, not that it matters, but the fact that they overlooked this which I admitted to, yet are running with this complaint, makes one wonder.
Steve, I too try and get rid of as much ground as possible with my air and has only backfired a couple of times.
The other day, a motorist flipped me off and the only reason was probaby because my truck was traveling too slow for his liking.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would never trust anyone who rides his bicycle 138 miles back and forth to work everyday and then feels it is necessary to go jogging for another 85 miles every evening. On top of that --the dude don't drink beer!!!!!:happy2:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Steve, let me begin by stating that from what I have learned about you from this forum that this does seem to be out of character for you. You did say that you were trying to smoke the route to get done to spend time with your daughters so it is possible that in your haste you may have had a bout of road rage. You said it yourself--"when it comes to spending time with my girls the gloves come off". Traffic in Florida can be frustrating and that is in the family mini-van, not a PC. I will tell you that if this had happened in my center you would have been suspended pending termination. You got off easy with a warning letter.

Do not try to contact the person who called in the concern--that would not end up working out well for you, good intentions or not.

Do not listen to those here who have hinted that Melissa may have had something to do with this--I don't know where that came from but there is no basis for that and it would serve only to further divide the two of you when you should be trying to get along for the sake of the girls.

5 late airs?? Delivering ground and air together is ideal but not at the expense of late airs.

I do hope that the truth comes out about this, you are cleared and the center manager apologizes for his "this does sound like you" statement. Dave.

Traffic here in Florida is the worst in the United States, especially here in Orlando. Tourist and 500 new residence a day causes the term Florida drivers meaning people are used to driving from everywhere else but here.

UPSGUY72

I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I got a message last week to call the center. When I called they the clerk asked what happen at ------ I said nothing I delivered 2 packages they signed I left. She said they said I refused to take three packages they had to ship out. I told her that news to me they never said they had anything going out and they are not a pickup in the board so how would I know they had anything going out and why would I refuse to take thier packages unless I knew there account was suspended. That was the same week I got hit while parked by a women talking on the phone one day got a flat front tire after my first stop the next day. It took them 1 hr 45 minutes change that tire. Had one stop done at 11:30. Had 7 late Air that day.

over9five

Staff member
............ one day got a flat front tire after my first stop the next day.

Lol, did they ask you if you did a pretrip?

I called in a flat front tire one day, and they said, "Didn't you do a pretrip?"

"Yeah, I pretripped and then drove 25 miles down the highway with a front flat"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Lol, did they ask you if you did a pretrip?

I called in a flat front tire one day, and they said, "Didn't you do a pretrip?"

"Yeah, I pretripped and then drove 25 miles down the highway with a front flat"

Whenever I have late air my excuse is "I did a pre-trip". Keep starting later and later the window gets smaller.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, you can't even get to BC from the the 'puters at our center. Told the center manager about something on here, and even his high power clearance couldn't get to here on the work 'puter.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Gee, you can't even get to BC from the the 'puters at our center. Told the center manager about something on here, and even his high power clearance couldn't get to here on the work 'puter.
Interesting. All our center manager's can surf the web if they choose. I'm pretty sure even the supervisors have internet access.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Interesting. All our center manager's can surf the web if they choose. I'm pretty sure even the supervisors have internet access.

Our facility has the UPS intranet and access to the internet. When we were discussing the mgt buyouts my on-car asked me to show him the thread. He learned more there than he did from anyone he had spoken to.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont think they have it in our building, maybe on their personal laptop. I was trying to show them stuff on ebay, and they had to go home to look it up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Okay, so now what??? I have not been given the WL, and I'm on vacation through the next week. Does that mean they lost the chance?

Much like everything managment does in our building, no follow through. I wouldn't sweat it, just keep doing the same thing you do everyday, let them come to you and have your steward with you if they finally decide to do something. Grieve it and forget about it. All of this of course is after you get back from vacation.