This really BURNS me up!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't you just hate people who take it upon themselves to correct someone else's grammar/spelling?:wink2:
Something about a pot and a tea kettle should be inserted here.

The first one was kind of uncalled for. The only think that is wrong with the sencond one is the distance. If you think that there is a driver out there that use hand to surface on everyone of his stop each day your nuts.

I know in the with time I try to avoid steps especially the ones that look icy or are snow covered. things that come in a bag (clothes not break able) I'll toss a short distance to save time.

I worked the preload and was a sorter the only time I use hand to surface was on heavy packages. other than thatyou work as quick as you could I mean there is know way 3- 4 people are going sort 7-8000 packages in 3 1/2 hours using the Hand to surface method.
You're making Upstate shake his fists in the air when he looks at your post.:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
First video; if the customer wants the driver to walk up to his door and leave his parcel on the porch, then he should maintain a clear and unobstructed path to his door. Otherwise, quit bitching and be grateful that he even got his package in the first place.

Second video; totally uncalled for. There is no excuse, justification or mitigation for what the driver did. The driveway was clear and he should have walked the package all the way to the door.

M

Mike23

I deliver to several places that embroider clothing so I get boxes of this junk. They've told me to 'throw it out the door' to them since my truck's usually full of other boxes that makes it awkward. They know it's clothing, I know it's clothing and it's in a box. They don't care if I kick the damn thing to them since it's not breakable. If it's a motherboard or some such thing, yeah, hand to package to pavement.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How many of you have done this? You pull up to a rezi, no cars in driveway and even curtains closed. You walk halfway up to door and "airmail" pkg. You turn around and just about to head to your PC you hear a voice say "thank you"! Busted!!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Pkg should be placed inside door or on porch,Out of sight out of weather! Can't be done by tossing it 20 feet on to porch.It is UPs policy.....

klein

Für Meno :)
Pkg should be placed inside door or on porch,Out of sight out of weather! Can't be done by tossing it 20 feet on to porch.It is UPs policy.....

I agree Cove, if they ever have a spy vehicle watching... they are caught and suspended ! Maybe even fired.

Little clothing bags and other stuff, inbetween screen door and front door.Or mail box.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've "heard" you can only throw an LL Bean green bag about 20 feet because they don't weigh enough. The nice thing about them is that when they hit the door they don't make much noise.

brownrodster

How many of you have done this? You pull up to a rezi, no cars in driveway and even curtains closed. You walk halfway up to door and "airmail" pkg. You turn around and just about to head to your PC you hear a voice say "thank you"! Busted!!!

That's happened to me many times. I've twice had a customer ask me to "throw" them the package to save time. One person was on a balcony and didn't want to come down. The other time a woman was in her front yard which was about 10 feet above the sidewalk. She didn't feel like walking down to me and didn't expect me to walk up to her.

Video #1 I've done countless times. Video #2 I've never done anything that even remotely resembles that.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
First video; if the customer wants the driver to walk up to his door and leave his parcel on the porch, then he should maintain a clear and unobstructed path to his door. Otherwise, quit bitching and be grateful that he even got his package in the first place.

Second video; totally uncalled for. There is no excuse, justification or mitigation for what the driver did. The driveway was clear and he should have walked the package all the way to the door.
I think we need a "driver's view" in order to justify this driver's behavior. That being said, I, personally, wouldn't throw a pkg to a door no matter what was inside. I think it's unprofessional and lazy to do so. How much time is that going to save you anyways? I say, if you wouldn't do it on an OJS, don't do it alone.

Agreed!
He's not are brother anymore He got FIRED!!!!!
I think Klein will always have a Brown heart.

brownrodster

That being said, I, personally, wouldn't throw a pkg to a door no matter what was inside. I think it's unprofessional and lazy to do so. How much time is that going to save you .

Actually, it's ambitious and economical to do so. IE wants numbers anyway we can get them. IE makes us throw packages.

UPSGUY72

I think we need a "driver's view" in order to justify this driver's behavior. That being said, I, personally, wouldn't throw a pkg to a door no matter what was inside. I think it's unprofessional and lazy to do so. How much time is that going to save you anyways? I say, if you wouldn't do it on an OJS, don't do it alone.

Agreed!
I think Klein will always have a Brown heart.

Probably right just bad judgement.

Any ways like I said before in the winter time if I come upon ice or snow cover steps I'm not walkingup them. IF I can get close to the steps I'll lide the package close to the door other wise if its a bag I'll toss it a little. I'm not going to crack my head open because some homeower dosen't have the common sense to shovel and sand or salt there steps.

If the package is heavy I'll bag it and leave it where they can find it.

upsgrunt

Just yesterday, I tried to walk on an unpainted, wet, slightly molded wooden porch. Even when it's not winter those things are a hazard. Quite possibly the slickest surface known to man.