This takes the cake

DS

Fenderbender
Today my OMS told me she left work at 11:00PM with one helper diad board unaccounted for.
She sent off several emails after searching every car in the lineup for that one diad that was missing.
When she called today everyone thought she was losing it because the board was in it's slot,right where it was supposed to be.
Turns out,a FT driver left his area at around 8:00 PM and left his helper an undetermined amount of stops to deliver in his own personal vehicle.
This helper worked until 12:00 PM delivering,came back to the building all on his own,sheeted 7 stops as missed and punched out.
The FT driver called in sick today.What will he be facing upon his return?
Should they hire this helper as a driver out of his shear determination and dedication?
Thoughts?

rod

Retired 22 years
Canada has its own Thankgiving Day -----on a different day----2nd Monday of October I believe

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Sounds like he made a management decision. He should be promoted ASAP. He's got quality management written all over him.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Today my OMS told me she left work at 11:00PM with one helper diad board unaccounted for.
She sent off several emails after searching every car in the lineup for that one diad that was missing.
When she called today everyone thought she was losing it because the board was in it's slot,right where it was supposed to be.
Turns out,a FT driver left his area at around 8:00 PM and left his helper an undetermined amount of stops to deliver in his own personal vehicle.
This helper worked until 12:00 PM delivering,came back to the building all on his own,sheeted 7 stops as missed and punched out.
The FT driver called in sick today.What will he be facing upon his return?
Should they hire this helper as a driver out of his shear determination and dedication?
Thoughts?

why didn't the OMS call the driver? a good OMS should have every phone number in the center

fire that driver, what a ****ing :censored2:

and yeah, hire that helper, he sounds like he can work on his own better than the driver

I

IslandGirl

If there is a 'list' with current phone numbers of all employees?..instead of on someone's phone?

Drivers in our centre routinely work past 8pm..
And are over dispatched..always..

Canadian Thanksgiving is second Monday of October.

Our garbage cans are just that..wheelie bins can be the big ones that a garbage truck picks up with the front hydraulic forks(which spread oil all over our parking lot,and employee vehicles the other day btw)..

Hire the helper!..the driver?..what happened I wonder?..is he a long term employee?..did something happen onroad?..
He should not have done that,period..that explains the sick call the next day(sick and tired of it no doubt)
But not much will happen to him,maybe a 3 day suspension,at the company's convenience(read:after peak)

OMS did what she could do..checking the trucks etc..the helper boards cannot be messaged...

Consider what the helper is making per hour..and the responsibility ...and how he acted after a frustrating day..was he at work today?..again,hire the helper!

DS

Fenderbender
why didn't the OMS call the driver? a good OMS should have every phone number in the centert The driver had long gone,punched out at 8:30,a good UPS would buy the driver a cell phone and give the OMS his number.We pay for our own cell phones where I am.

fire that driver, what a ****ing :censored2:
I'll let you know how that pans out.

and yeah, hire that helper, he sounds like he can work on his own better than the driver
That's my thought,his initiative speaks volumes.

Indecisi0n

Good because I ate to much and I'm done with thanksgiving.

Ditto+_4aca4781dd3c03059fe1c0d0a0ad2683.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
That's a good business decision. Drivers helper makes considerably less than driver and helper does not earn time and a half, the driver saved the company somewhere in the area of $130 if the pay scale is the same there as it is here.

tourists24

What exactly should the driver be fired for? being stupid? That itself wouldnt stand....

How many hours did the helper end up working? We have helpers that dont work out of their cars but do work off of golf carts and work out of a portable storage unit. No contact with the driver at all.

Pretty insensitive of the driver though