This Will Be Fun: Bill Maher, Worse Than Glen Beck

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Jun 21, 2013.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Reads the headlines at the progressive/left Counterpunch!

Bill Maher Worse Than Glen Beck

2. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Beck steps on toes but mostly attacks the left in general and doesn't make petty vicious personal attacks like Maher does. Both are definitely representatives of right and left but overall Maher comes across as worse as an individual.

3. pretender

pretender Active Member

I appreciate comedy and satire, but I never did get Maher...

4. Upsmule

Upsmule Well-Known Member

I could really love this blog....

A great place to begin any analysis of Maher’s numerous prejudices is the poetically-titled blog Bill Maher Sucks. Its collection of criticisms, spanning the last three years (with the bulk of the content from 2012), is unfortunately rather small, and by no means comprehensive, yet it allows one, at the least, to get a feel for the variety and the nature of bigotry we are dealing with here. Bill Maher Sucks’ author writes “Bill Maher is a vile racist, misogynist, Islamophobic, ableist, Zionist, classist idiot.” A more accurate and succinct description could hardly be made. I would add a few more qualifiers: Bill Maher is a narcissistic, vile imperialist, racist, misogynist, Islamophobic, ableist, Zionist, classist idiot millionaire Democrat-apologist, blind to any and all of his privileges. Let us look at examples, from Maher’s own show, from Maher’s own mouth.

5. 804brown

804brown Well-Known Member

Bill maher is a comedian and beck is a strange little entertainer. Both think they know it all. Both are quite rich. Both try to be outrageous, yet both sneered at OWS. Both are allowed to bloviate on corporate media because the establishment wants them there. Call me when Noam Chomsky gets a show!!

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Are we having fun yet ?

7. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Always!

Those who know me also know my most favorite saying and that is: