This year is halfway over

JL 0513

Just compared my hours. Last year it took me until 7/9 to reach the hours I'm at as of last weeks pay. I'm at 1,272 hours.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
1429 hours here, up from 1080 last year at this time. I'm up 17,000 but that was because I had a kid last year and was off for about 8 weeks.

trickpony1

If that is ".....just ridiculous.", then why do you work for free, run and gun all day and gloat about your "guarantee pay" paychecks (HENCE screwing yourself out of overtime)?

Last edited:

trickpony1

Yawn all you want but I think I know why.

You've "set the bar" so high (one of your favorite expressions) that you're afraid that if you slow your happy "self" down you'll be closely scrutinized, chastised, rode with and maybe even fired for stealing time?

.....or your "super human" image will disappear?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You gave up nearly $17K just to stay home and play Daddy?

Not necessarily. State of California gives us 6 weeks of bonding time paid. They pay you weekly based on your highest quarter earnings from the previous year (take a wild guess which quarter that was). So it was more like a 10K cut to stay home and play daddy. And yes, it was totally worth it. Got to see the birth of my first child and his development for the first two month. Like someone else said before, that's priceless.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not necessarily. State of California gives us 6 weeks of bonding time paid. They pay you weekly based on your highest quarter earnings from the previous year (take a wild guess which quarter that was). So it was more like a 10K cut to stay home and play daddy. And yes, it was totally worth it. Got to see the birth of my first child and his development for the first two month. Like someone else said before, that's priceless.

Family comes first. You did the right thing.

Don't listen to Dave. He's an idiot. Maybe if actually had that mentality of family first instead of himself, he wouldn't be alone and divorced.

I wish their was a national paid leave for childbirth. I think it's important for fathers to be there in the first months. It's been proven to really help in the development.