This Year the PURPLE PROMISE DID NOT HAPPEN

vantexan

point out anything you want. Just don't act like you care about drivers that in other threads you degrade and insult.

Where are these threads where I demean and insult Ground drivers? The worst I have said was after many years of being required to be clean cut it was a shock the first time I saw a Ground driver with a beard, tattoos, earrings, and I can't remember what else. And I've heard many stories over the years about Ground service, most of it negative. That being said I don't hear that much about them anymore, and FedEx even lets couriers have beards now. There used to be a Ground driver who posted here regular, I forget his name. He used to talk about struggling to support his kids and it did bother me. Gloss it over all you want, Ground doesn't provide for much of a life. Just because you have people over a barrel with this economy doesn't mean it's ok to take advantage to line your own pockets. FedEx can do better, and it should.

vantexan

In this corner, millions of business owners wanting cheap shipping. In that corner, UPS wanting relief from competition. Who do you think is likely to win?
I know who is likely to win. But who has deeper pockets. Man, corruption runs real deep these days.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting on the business owners. It's not lost on the Democrats that they've imposed serious new costs on business owners with Obamacare. And that they are seeking to raise taxes on said owners. So I doubt they'll take away cheaper shipping when part of those savings will be sent their way in taxes.

overflowed

I'm betting on the business owners. It's not lost on the Democrats that they've imposed serious new costs on business owners with Obamacare. And that they are seeking to raise taxes on said owners. So I doubt they'll take away cheaper shipping when part of those savings will be sent their way in taxes.[/QUOTE]

Fedex bribes politicians. We're under a railroad act for cryin out loud. I'm trying to reply without a political lean but I can tell you really want to go that direction.

vantexan

I'm betting on the business owners. It's not lost on the Democrats that they've imposed serious new costs on business owners with Obamacare. And that they are seeking to raise taxes on said owners. So I doubt they'll take away cheaper shipping when part of those savings will be sent their way in taxes.

Fedex bribes politicians. We're under a railroad act for cryin out loud. I'm trying to reply without a political lean but I can tell you really want to go that direction.[/QUOTE]

Not really, and I'm well aware of what FedEx does. But you seem to be focused on the competition between FedEx and UPS. And whoever throws around the most money will win. I'm saying look beyond that. Shipping is a huge part of business and FedEx has figured out how to beat the competition by giving business owners what they want, cheap shipping. People here talk about the failed Express model and yet the high paid, well benefitted UPS driver is in serious jeopardy too due to FedEx Ground. Congress isn't going to take bribes to end the FedEx Ground advantage. Too many businesses, and I mean many, many seriously influential people have a vested interest in seeing Ground succeed. As long as people freely accept Ground driver jobs, not coerced or indentured, then FedEx is providing them jobs while saving business owners significant amounts of money. Good luck getting Congress to end that. As far as the politics go, everyone knows the Republicans are pro business owners, so it really is about what will Democrats do. If they are going to impose increased costs on business owners they know in order to meet those costs the owners must save money somewhere. It's not as simple as who bribes the most wins.

overflowed

Not really, and I'm well aware of what FedEx does. But you seem to be focused on the competition between FedEx and UPS. And whoever throws around the most money will win. I'm saying look beyond that. Shipping is a huge part of business and FedEx has figured out how to beat the competition by giving business owners what they want, cheap shipping. People here talk about the failed Express model and yet the high paid, well benefitted UPS driver is in serious jeopardy too due to FedEx Ground. Congress isn't going to take bribes to end the FedEx Ground advantage. Too many businesses, and I mean many, many seriously influential people have a vested interest in seeing Ground succeed. As long as people freely accept Ground driver jobs, not coerced or indentured, then FedEx is providing them jobs while saving business owners significant amounts of money. Good luck getting Congress to end that.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't talking about Congress in particular. Was talking about judges really. You see this fiscal cliff. Congress doesn't give a ****e.

vantexan

Not really, and I'm well aware of what FedEx does. But you seem to be focused on the competition between FedEx and UPS. And whoever throws around the most money will win. I'm saying look beyond that. Shipping is a huge part of business and FedEx has figured out how to beat the competition by giving business owners what they want, cheap shipping. People here talk about the failed Express model and yet the high paid, well benefitted UPS driver is in serious jeopardy too due to FedEx Ground. Congress isn't going to take bribes to end the FedEx Ground advantage. Too many businesses, and I mean many, many seriously influential people have a vested interest in seeing Ground succeed. As long as people freely accept Ground driver jobs, not coerced or indentured, then FedEx is providing them jobs while saving business owners significant amounts of money. Good luck getting Congress to end that.

Wasn't talking about Congress in particular. Was talking about judges really. You see this fiscal cliff. Congress doesn't give a ****e.[/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you this but Congress does give a ****. I wasn't talking about the fiscal cliff, but on the jeopardy the Democrats will put themselves in if they impose costs on business owners to the point of closing them down. They are aware of this. As for judges, FedEx has gone through the legal process, shaping the present business model into what will pass the smell test with the courts. There is no smoking gun out there that'll shut Ground down. Y'all are talking about what you'd like to see happen, what you hope will happen. But FedEx has invested billions to get the infrastructure to this point, and to make sure it satisfies the courts so that their investment won't go up in smoke. They don't just do this hoping it'll all turn out like they want, but rather they have lawyers who go over this making sure, and the mistakes and missteps they do make might cost them some money, but it's never a death blow to the system. They learn from it and go forward, continuing to shape the process into as profitable a venture as possible, because that's the endgame. It's never as simple as they just bribe everyone and get what they want.

overflowed

Wasn't talking about Congress in particular. Was talking about judges really. You see this fiscal cliff. Congress doesn't give a ****e.

I hate to tell you this but Congress does give a ****. I wasn't talking about the fiscal cliff, but on the jeopardy the Democrats will put themselves in if they impose costs on business owners to the point of closing them down. They are aware of this. As for judges, FedEx has gone through the legal process, shaping the present business model into what will pass the smell test with the courts. There is no smoking gun out there that'll shut Ground down. Y'all are talking about what you'd like to see happen, what you hope will happen. But FedEx has invested billions to get the infrastructure to this point, and to make sure it satisfies the courts so that their investment won't go up in smoke. They don't just do this hoping it'll all turn out like they want, but rather they have lawyers who go over this making sure, and the mistakes and missteps they do make might cost them some money, but it's never a death blow to the system. They learn from it and go forward, continuing to shape the process into as profitable a venture as possible, because that's the endgame. It's never as simple as they just bribe everyone and get what they want.[/QUOTE]
Like I said very deep pockets. I agree. What I'd like to see happen most likely will not.