Those customers you wanna strangle

Brown_Star

Methods Man
True.... but the driver has to enter it into the board. The business was not closed and they refused to sign for it. I suppose Future may be appropriate depending; as long as I can justify my decision truthfully then Im ok with it

The way this company is going I would have called the office and asked for a supe otherwise you leave yourself open for a customer complaint.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok one peak on a blind route I could not locate an address. Simple do a I need directions.
Next day I locate the building no problem. The ownerasked who made the deliveries yesterday? I replied I dont know. " well we checked our security camera for the last 24 hours and we saw you last night.
then called the center.
Some of them customers were on short yellow bus.

So you were unable to find the place one day and had no problem finding it the next? Perhaps it is you who rides the short bus to work.

QualityLoads

Customers who ask for a package i dont have... They ask me for a fedex package, a usps package, a package that would be 3 routes over, asking about a ground package when im doing saturday airs... When i tell them i dont have a package for them, they look at me as if i did something to their package or im trying to take it home with me???

AKCoverMan

Didn't exactly want to strangle this customer but s little exasperating..

Making service on a resi call tag pretty late in evening during first week of peak. I'm berely going to finish before out of hours. It's an Amazon rs3 first attempt.

Me: Hi I'm here to pick up your Amazon return.

C: OK I didn't know you were coming tonight, I just need to pack it up.

Me: That's fine we come three days in a row and this is just Day One so get it ready and we will pick it up tomorrow!

C: No, no, it's ready, I just need to pack it up.

Me: Ma'am that's pretty much the definition of "not ready". We will be back tomorrow!

She actually finally got it and laughed. It was ready the next day. I even got a Christmas cookie!

rod

Retired 22 years
mgt is soon going to be passing out warning letters for send agains that aren't service crossed correctly

I'm actually surprised to hear that "service crosses" are still being used. That almost seems like living in the dark ages with all the super spy stuff UPS uses on its drivers now.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
Pulling up along the side of a driveway. I know there is no room to turn around and it's not a terribly long walk maybe 700 feet in but still not my favorite stop. As I stop customer pulls in up the drive and keeps on going...

clean hairy

You pull up to a resi in a clunky old truck you can hear a mile away.
As you shut off the truck, you see a person looking out their window.
Get to the door and knock and they ask
"who is it?"
As if they have no clue after seeing the truck and the driver walking to the door!

NonDeliverOtherMissed

- the ppl who are standing in their front door, but go inside and shut the door when they see u pull up
- sig. Required pkg and customer who does come out til u have already filled out d/n and r back in your truck
- delivering to section 8 housing in the summer when ur sweating ur @ss off and cust. Sitting on porch drinking colt 45 says " working hard today"
- had a guy once cuss me out for NOT backing down his driveway and instead walked across his grass..told me how I was killing the grass with every foot step, once I walked back to the truck(via. Driveway) turned around and saw his dog pissing in the grass