Those Lopsided Christmas Reviews i.e. UPS vs. F-word company

Discussion in 'The Archives' started by rushfan, Dec 3, 2003.

1. rushfan

rushfan Guest

Yes keep your eyes open for those surveys UPS vs. F-word company, and what a lousy job we do. It happens every year. In fact, I'm very proud of our service. Despite some differences that we as employees have with one another, I feel we kick the competition in the _________. (fill in the blank).

Happy peak my Brown Brothers and Sisters.

2. traveler

traveler Guest

I just saw a new f-word commercial here in Florida. It touts the ability of their ground service to deliver packages to one's home at a specific, requested time! Anyone else out there see the commercial or know anything about this? That sounds more difficult (and time consuming) than delivering next day airs on time. I wonder what their "contract drivers" think about the new service.

3. memphisdev

memphisdev Guest

Ah, is this the one where the guy is complaining to customer service that his package was delivered on time, and he was busy exfoliating? I saw it, too, funnily, in the same commercial break as a UPS Store Commercial.

I don't remember seeing any surveys last year at peak, but I do know that before the contract went up, Fed was cold calling people, telling them we were risky for a strike and they should switch. Pbbt on them.

Oh, and hello all. Newbie here, been a part time loader in Memphis for about two and a half years now. ::waves::

4. longups

longups Guest

Did they say how much it would cost you to have a time specific delivery?

5. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet Guest

Saw that commercial. They have had this option since they started. And oh yeah it does come with a Premium price. If you go to their website they give you the charges for this, for getting a signature, etc. You can pay some really big bucks if you choose all the options.

6. rushfan

rushfan Guest

I posted this on another thread.
    In our center we will work with a customer if they want their package after an attempt was made. I'll send a message to the center where I am our will be and generally the customer will meet me on area, or will call the package. I'm sure other drivers do this-and may I add without an extra charge.