Those moments!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok, Einstein. She Actually did say at first to bring them to the front door. It wasn't til I was done lugging them all to the steps that she figured out they were the wrong order. She was looking for baseball uniforms and these were hockey uniforms. Upon further inspection this order was supposed to go NY or something.
Easiest thing to do at that point was to RTS them.

...or have them forwarded to the address in NY...

9.5er

An experienced driver would of rang bell, waited for customer , told her of shipment , got an ok before humping that load up!!
Really, of all the "Those moments" in this thread this is the one you want to question. I have plenty of experience. I did everything right at this particular stop.
You never mentioned that fact !!!
I didn't know this was the explain the whole whole stop process and we'll tell you what you did wrong thread. But thanks anyway.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
H
hey this is a friendly thread friend !! In no way was I bashing you, we all have had crazy experiences out here!
I didn't know your situation and reacted , just sounded like something a rook would do!!
Hell I carried in cods to bridal shops till I learned the way !! Take no offense !

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Knocking the shiet outah someone's door when Lites are on and won't answer the doorbell. ,, getting mad then realize it's the wrong house !! Lol lol

SCV good to go sir.

As I park at the curb for my next delivery, I notice a little boy sword fighting the air with a stick. I proceed to make the delivery and as soon as I return to his line of sight, he notices at me and sprints towards me.

. o (Uh oh, I know exactly where this is going...)

"Brian where are you going? Come back here!" his grandma yells.
Said kid runs right in front of me, gets into his attack stance, and stares me down with the most mischievous smile.

Well I have always been one for horseplay and I'm not about to disappoint an enthusiastic kid. I grin, get into my own attack stance and hold my diad in my right hand. Suddenly visions of my boss telling me I need to start taking things more seriously flood my mind that culminate with the thought of her ripping me a new one if this kid gets hurt. So I let my guard down, sigh, holster my diad, and surrender by raising my arms in the air. "You win." I say with a smile.

BIG MISTAKE!

The little warrior had already registered that our play fight was going down. He fearlessly charges me and starts whacking at my legs with his stick while his horrified granny yells, "NO BRIAN! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Her words were useless, this kid only understood two words that are not part of the English language, "Lok'tar Ogar". I laugh as I start to jog away, kid follows me (still hacking away at my legs relentlessly) while his grandma continues to yell at him to stop.
The three of us stop in unison as I reach my package car, I turn around and face him. Kid understands that our duel is about to be cut off. He smiles back at me with a look that says, "This isn't over!". I give him my best "Looking forward to it little man!" smirk. Then he runs back to his grandma who is too embarrassed to even look at me.

Moments like these and and general fascination little kids have with us make this job awesome.

Ouch

Losing the 3 boxes that you set in the cab on the floor and when you get to the add they are not there. During my left hand turn they slid out of the passenger door and are now sitting in a creek with a foot of water. Uh oh.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I park at the curb for my next delivery, I notice a little boy sword fighting the air with a stick. I proceed to make the delivery and as soon as I return to his line of sight, he notices at me and sprints towards me.

. o (Uh oh, I know exactly where this is going...)

"Brian where are you going? Come back here!" his grandma yells.
Said kid runs right in front of me, gets into his attack stance, and stares me down with the most mischievous smile.

Well I have always been one for horseplay and I'm not about to disappoint an enthusiastic kid. I grin, get into my own attack stance and hold my diad in my right hand. Suddenly visions of my boss telling me I need to start taking things more seriously flood my mind that culminate with the thought of her ripping me a new one if this kid gets hurt. So I let my guard down, sigh, holster my diad, and surrender by raising my arms in the air. "You win." I say with a smile.

BIG MISTAKE!

The little warrior had already registered that our play fight was going down. He fearlessly charges me and starts whacking at my legs with his stick while his horrified granny yells, "NO BRIAN! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Her words were useless, this kid only understood two words that are not part of the English language, "Lok'tar Ogar". I laugh as I start to jog away, kid follows me (still hacking away at my legs relentlessly) while his grandma continues to yell at him to stop.
The three of us stop in unison as I reach my package car, I turn around and face him. Kid understands that our duel is about to be cut off. He smiles back at me with a look that says, "This isn't over!". I give him my best "Looking forward to it little man!" smirk. Then he runs back to his grandma who is too embarrassed to even look at me.

Moments like these and and general fascination little kids have with us make this job awesome.

"Kid, your grandmother is calling you!" (it really would have been that easy)

8000Shelf

That moment when you realize you left you hand cart at the last bulk stop.

The strong smell of fuel reminds you the gas cap was left off after fueling up.

Last edited:

8000Shelf

I hate that ......

A few years ago I was out blind. I had left the hand cart at a business at about 11am and didn't

realize I left it there till 3:30pm at the pick up. Pretty embarrassing to be asked by the guy if you've missed it

all afternoon and to respond with a look of "miss what?". I'm sure I looked as lost and frustrated as I was that day.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You: hello! I need your signature for this pkg.
Customer: sure, no problem
You: your last name?
Customer: B-R-O-W-N

Wondering to yourself why the customer spelled out a simple last name? Like how can u misspell that or what other ways can u spell brown?
B-R-A-U-N perhaps German? just sayin'