Those moments!!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Let's talk about those crazy moments as a ups driver. It can be anything... from what happen at the building, to when u driving or even a customer. Share your funny, serious, crazy or weird thoughts!!
I had a woman come up to me and this other guy I was running with while we were on lunch at 3am. She tells us that she isn't ugly and that we were, and that she was going to embarrass us if we ever called her ugly again. She also said she was going to report us for harassment. This is actually the tame version it went on for quite a bit, but I did try to explain to her we have never seen her before but she wasn't having it so I finally just told her to get the hell away from me. She tried to keep arguing with me but I just kept telling her shoo shoo, go away. Obviously she had mental problems but it was just so unexpected and out of the blue. I mean she literally sat in the seat right next to me and she had a pie she was eating, and we were at an Arby's. She sort of looked liked someone who dealt with voodoo.

nocturnalbuck

the last presidential election day, i had a stop at the end of a 2 mile dead end road. only time ive ever been there and never since. this guy had american flags every 100 ft up both sides of the road. the guy comes out wearing an uncle sam outfit spouting off about how obama is stealing from him etc. after a few min he finally took a breath and i managed to ask him one question. i asked so, who u voting for? LOL at first he was very shocked then steam started coming out of his ears. i yelled, im union! and i peeled outta there.

Mr.Golden

Pull up to a resi stop and you decide to take a piss in a bottle. As you come out the customer is waiting for you wanting their pkg. Hope she didn't hear that

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When you're delivering to the bad part of town and you see a dea sting and bust in person while delivering a package 6 houses up
I had that happen once. By the time I got the package, and walked around the back of the truck, they were all pulling up and jumping out. I continued to the house next door and stood on the ground besides the door, instead of on the steps. I wanted to be able to get down if shooting started. The guy is peeking out at all the action, and I said, PSSSTTT down here. He opened the door, and I said, "boy I got some good timing huh", he laughed his butt off.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When you're delivering Christmas Eve, which as we all know is "DELIVER EVERYTHING!!!!They're Christmas presents" and you and your helper spend close to 10 minutes chucking multiple boxes of Aldo shoes up to a 4th floor apartment, and having to climb up to the 2nd when one landed on the wrong level. I would have loved to see how ridiculous we looked

jaker

trolling
Seeing some kids walking on the curb when you are about ready to pull away and one tries to run and hop on the bumper and you stop short and kid runs into the back of truck

SCV good to go sir.

Had a delivery for house undergoing reconstruction. I don't see anyone working on it but there was a car in the driveway and it smelled like pot so I figured someone was home and knock. While I'm waiting for a response (sig req) I hear a ghostly feminine voice say, "Geeeeet ouuuuuttttaaaaaaa heeeeeeeerrrreee!" I start walking backwards towards the truck while scanning all areas of the house to see where the voice is coming from. Right next to the door was one of those plastic playhouses. This particular model had a slit in the window doors and through that slit I saw an eyeball starring at me. I don't know if what I said next was because I was starring at child's plaything or because I felt insecure at the moment but I stammered, "Is there an adult here?" Suddenly the eyeball shift out of view. I stare at the house for a moment as I contemplate opening the windows to get the signature, but decided to sheet it as a 2nd Not In.

Mr.Golden

That look on your face when delivering to the hair store for the 3rd attempt 10 pkgs and 7 of those are CoDs. They don't have the money but begging you to come back......4 hrs later u come back just so they tell you they STILL don't have the money.

tarbar66

One of my moments that is probably not experienced by many drivers was when I was walking to the back porch in a rural area when I almost walked into a elk! I don't know who was more surprised.

Foamer Pyle

9 times out of 10 the person who caused that status to be applied has moved and the PDS refuses to remove it. Why penalize the current resident for something they had no control over?
I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. I have never had a problem leaving a package at a home, when the previous owner generated the driver follow up claim.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That look on your face when a low lv employee(s) don't want to sign for the pkg so u end up waiting an extra 10mins so they can find the manager

Two minutes is all they get from me. Unless it's Victoria's Secret, or a store with MANY hot employees, then I'll wait as long as it takes, it's all about customer service.

That look on your face when delivering to the hair store for the 3rd attempt 10 pkgs and 7 of those are CoDs. They don't have the money but begging you to come back......4 hrs later u come back just so they tell you they STILL don't have the money.

Beg all you want, I'm here now for the final attempt, if you get the money and find me on route, cool. If not, it's your problem.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
That moment when someone realizes you know who they are and where they live. Kind of creeps them out.
The myriad of emotions that play on their face is priceless.