Those PA UPS drivers..

rod

Retired 22 years
My personal record was driving 34 miles down the highway from my center to my delivery area with the back door open. Lost a BUNCH of stuff--including a bunch of Dell computer stuff--all of which was turned into our center by a few nice honest people. Only one small package was never found. I still remember that sickening feeling after walking around the back of my truck at my first stop. I called the center and told them what had happened---they said "we know all about it-your trail of packages started when you left the building". Nothing ever came of it-I didn't even have to pay for the one lost package. The following morning the AM was on "securing your truck before leaving the building". I got razzed about that for a long time.

Last edited:

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
That used to happen all the time before the keyless locks. Packages would fall over in the back and snag the strap on the rear door and up it would go. It was always a terrible feeling when you would get to your next stop and open the bulkhead and see daylight and that was before pas so you just had to hope nothing fell out

rod

Retired 22 years
That used to happen all the time before the keyless locks. Packages would fall over in the back and snag the strap on the rear door and up it would go. It was always a terrible feeling when you would get to your next stop and open the bulkhead and see daylight and that was before pas so you just had to hope nothing fell out

A lot of things used to happen before all the electronic BS started---some good some bad------------but mostly good.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I zoomed in several times. All I see is light blue. I've lived in PA 97% of my life. I'm very familiar with what our plates look like.

Cementups

Box Monkey

connecticut-license-thumb.jpg

PAPL8S.com.jpg

The palate in the picture is a faded blue to white. PA is a solid blue line at the top with white in the middle and yellow at the bottom.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That will not happen if you get into the habit of doing a pretrip every morning.
it's very easy to do a pre-trip and be temp distracted by something and then you can't remember if you checked something when you did.

doing over 200 pretrips a year for 20-30 years that may happen. it happened to me sometimes in feeder. i would either backtrack a couple steps and start a new walk around before leaving .

BrownTexas

Every single day I leave the hub. About a minute in my stomach drops and think. oh :censored2:. Did I close the door!!!!

Then I stop at a red light and check. I did drive with it open 1 time in my business section. Luckily I didn't go to far .
I used to feel this same way. Then I started to actually do a pre trip everyday and now that doesn't happen anymore.

Overpaid Union Thug

it's very easy to do a pre-trip and be temp distracted by something and then you can't remember if you checked something when you did.

doing over 200 pretrips a year for 20-30 years that may happen. it happened to me sometimes in feeder. i would either backtrack a couple steps and start a new walk around before leaving .
I make sure I walk completely around the truck before I leave the property. Plus, at my little center many of us stop by our personal vehicles to grab lunch boxes, backpacks, etc., so it's hard to miss the opportunity to at least check the back door before we leave.