Thought I retired!!!!!

Rain Shield

We have 2 drivers retiring after Peak. One before the end of the year and the other on the first work day of 2016. I will ask them both tomorrow about this.

They will give you the answer in your supplement, then you will turn around and tell me I am wrong again if their answers are different then mine.

Ask all you want, it will give you the answers you will need for your retirement, but not mine.

You see, I know my supplement and do not pretend to know others.

The mistake I made was assuming that my idiot Manager would actually do his job and input me into the system as retired. Believe me, I have already spoken to my steward and he is requesting my attendance record to see how they coded the last 5 weeks.

Hey Upstate, that is a thought, actually own up to a mistake like I just did.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What more could I have done pre-retirement?

More accurately figured out your retirement date, worked backwards from the day to determine your last work day, put in for all of your vacation and personal time to run consecutively, collected the 8 checks.

The jury is still out on your 2016 vacation pay.

Rain Shield

More accurately figured out your retirement date, worked backwards from the day to determine your last work day, put in for all of your vacation and personal time to run consecutively, collected the 8 checks.

The jury is still out on your 2016 vacation pay.

As I stated earlier, I would not qualify for retirement until 8/1/15. In our supplement we have to chose vacations in October the previous year in seniority order. I had to chose my Vacations in October of 2014 for year 2015. I still needed 156 reports to earn the full vacation package in order to get paid 6 weeks for 2016. 8/1/15 would not equal 156 reports. I guess your answer would be to work until 1/2/16 to make sure I got paid the weeks for 2016. How else would you advise to prepare for that one? By the way, are you going to tell the other driver that he is screwing up by leaving before 1/2/16 when you ask him the vacation pay question?

In addition, I had no idea if I would get the flu, break a leg, etc for year 2015 in October of 2014.

I decided I wanted to make the 156 reports to get the full vacation pay for 2016, so 90 days out I chose 9/9/15.

Hey, if you know someone who can chose the exact date 11 months out, but have to meet certain numbers of reports and hours worked, and not think about what could go wrong, then you should do more than work at UPS.

My supplement makes it nearly impossible to chose an exact date 11 months out unless one is willing to take a risk that is not worth taking. This might be why we have a no more than 90 day and no less than 60 day window to apply for retirement, instead of 11 months.

By the way, the Jury is not out on my 2016 pay. My supplement states I am entitled to it, and oh by the way, I was a 25 year steward, so that pretty much means I know my supplement.

Again, my mistake was trusting that my manager would do his job. Hindsight, I guess I should have watched him take me out of the system, but I also have never went in on Mondays to make sure the clerk inputted my hours for payroll. I worked in Feeder. One would hope that a Feeder manager has had people retire before. Heck, I watched 3 others do it in the last 9 months who worked for him.

Johney

Rain,
Stop trying to prove your point with ding dong Dave if he thinks he's right....that's it he's right. Nothing and I mean nothing will make him admit he's wrong.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
As I stated earlier, I would not qualify for retirement until 8/1/15. In our supplement we have to chose vacations in October the previous year in seniority order. I had to chose my Vacations in October of 2014 for year 2015. I still needed 156 reports to earn the full vacation package in order to get paid 6 weeks for 2016. 8/1/15 would not equal 156 reports. I guess your answer would be to work until 1/2/16 to make sure I got paid the weeks for 2016. How else would you advise to prepare for that one? By the way, are you going to tell the other driver that he is screwing up by leaving before 1/2/16 when you ask him the vacation pay question?

In addition, I had no idea if I would get the flu, break a leg, etc for year 2015 in October of 2014.

I decided I wanted to make the 156 reports to get the full vacation pay for 2016, so 90 days out I chose 9/9/15.

Hey, if you know someone who can chose the exact date 11 months out, but have to meet certain numbers of reports and hours worked, and not think about what could go wrong, then you should do more than work at UPS.

My supplement makes it nearly impossible to chose an exact date 11 months out unless one is willing to take a risk that is not worth taking. This might be why we have a no more than 90 day and no less than 60 day window to apply for retirement, instead of 11 months.

By the way, the Jury is not out on my 2016 pay. My supplement states I am entitled to it, and oh by the way, I was a 25 year steward, so that pretty much means I know my supplement.

Again, my mistake was trusting that my manager would do his job. Hindsight, I guess I should have watched him take me out of the system, but I also have never went in on Mondays to make sure the clerk inputted my hours for payroll. I worked in Feeder. One would hope that a Feeder manager has had people retire before. Heck, I watched 3 others do it in the last 9 months who worked for him.
You're absolutely right. You did everything right and you are entitled to the 2016 vacation pay.

Don't listen to Dave. He's completely wrong in every post in this thread. Your manager messed up. Dave just likes to think he knows everything about everything.

You're owed your money and I would file a grievance and see if you're owed penalty pay since technically you're still an employee under your contract.

They also owe you an apology.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I retired in Feb, 2014, and as long as I can remember my employee #, I can access the website. I also earned 2014's 7 weeks vacation and option week with the required punches the year before.

Thank you. Not sure why I'm getting "disagrees" when the dang pension book (mine's PT company plan) says that after your separation, it's your responsibility to keep your address updated w/UPS, and you can do so via UPSers.com...

oldngray

nowhere special
Thank you. Not sure why I'm getting "disagrees" when the dang pension book (mine's PT company plan) says that after your separation, it's your responsibility to keep your address updated w/UPS, and you can do so via UPSers.com...

Because you do get cut off 6 months after you retire and will no longer be able to log in. I complained about it and was told that was how it was supposed to be. That was why I started coming here since I was no longer able to access information at UPSers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
KGA1KMq.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Because you do get cut off 6 months after you retire and will no longer be able to log in. I complained about it and was told that was how it was supposed to be. That was why I started coming here since I was no longer able to access information at UPSers.

I was never able to get on it. I tried when I first retired but was denied access. Now if I want to know anything about UPS I just talk to my local bartender--he works the morning sort -----or I come on here where I can kill two birds with one stone. Get info and piss off upstate at the same time.

upsman68

Most soon to be retirees find out what their retirement date will be and then work backwards from that date, deducting all vacation, personal and sick time, to figure out their last day of work. They then schedule all of that personal time accordingly to make sure that they get paid for it.

You are not entitled to any vacation time for 2016 unless you actually work at least one day in 2016.
Wrong. We had a driver get paid that retired in August of 2013 and got paid his 2014 vacation

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I would of retired first day I could. Who cares about the next years vacation.