Thought I retired!!!!!

Camping Nana

Hubby lost access to UPSers.com within six months. Also lost all discounts (Verizon, etc.).

He also lost out on sick pay and vacation pay that he had coming. Even grieved it and drove back to home state for hearing. Still lost it. Almost 8K. :( You wouldn't believe the records that we had to prove it was owed him - union said we could grieve higher, but it would have cost us to keep traveling back for hearings. We decided..... let it go......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hubby lost access to UPSers.com within six months. Also lost all discounts (Verizon, etc.).

He also lost out on sick pay and vacation pay that he had coming. Even grieved it and drove back to home state for hearing. Still lost it. Almost 8K. :( You wouldn't believe the records that we had to prove it was owed him - union said we could grieve higher, but it would have cost us to keep traveling back for hearings. We decided..... let it go......
What's a campy nana

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

And that is exactly what they want. But I understand.

tracker2762

Just not something I had ever considered as a part of retirement but I suppose maybe if I had a gravy what's a few more months right?

Plus 10k? How much vacation are you getting? None of my vacation checks are over $1000

I wouldn't consider it part of retirement either but it something I earned while working.
I just received my 2016 vacation pay (6 weeks) in the mail today with the help of our center clerk and center manager.
That's why I stayed nine months after my seniority date. If this wasn't possible, I would have left in February

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
You should not have lost your cell phone discount unless you told Verizon that you retired. Verizon does a one time check of your employment status and rarely, if ever, follows up. I have told all of my seasonal helpers to make sure they get their discount.

Is the discount intended to be for active employees only?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You should not have lost your cell phone discount unless you told Verizon that you retired. Verizon does a one time check of your employment status and rarely, if ever, follows up. I have told all of my seasonal helpers to make sure they get their discount.

Yes but they do not follow up after their initial review.

Good old Dave, sticking it to the man once again.

watdaflock?

I called the HR lady for the district to find out what is going on. She said I am still in GEMS and am still an employee.

If you're still an employee in the computers, start filing mass grievances ASAP.
I bet that'll get your management team to be a bit more proactive.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wouldn't consider it part of retirement either but it something I earned while working.
I just received my 2016 vacation pay (6 weeks) in the mail today with the help of our center clerk and center manager.
That's why I stayed nine months after my seniority date. If this wasn't possible, I would have left in February
you stayed an extra 9 months for 6 weeks ???

trickpony1

"You wouldn't believe the records......"

It appears you have exhausted your options with the union.

Use "....the records...." in a compliant to the NLRB/Dept of Labor.

You're retired......you've got the time.