Thoughts of your local...

box_beeyotch

So seasonal employees do not have to pay initiation fees or Union dues until they are considered permanent FT or PT employees? I believe that is fair.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I've never been a seasonal but my helper last peak said he wasn't paying dues. I think that's fair also.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Good, Bad or Indifferent
They :censored2:ing suck. I have never seen a more incompetent bunch of pieces of garbage with what we have here. I literally can't wait for the next election so I can laugh in their faces as I vote them out and vote in the next bunch of fat lazy crooked thieves. Seriously there are no more good decent stand up people in our local.

Overpaid Union Thug

They :censored2:ing suck. I have never seen a more incompetent bunch of pieces of garbage with what we have here. I literally can't wait for the next election so I can laugh in their faces as I vote them out and vote in the next bunch of fat lazy crooked thieves. Seriously there are no more good decent stand up people in our local.

You'd think the prospect of having to return to their old jobs would ensure that they are competent in their representation. But even then they will focus most of their energy on their voting base.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They :censored2:ing suck. I have never seen a more incompetent bunch of pieces of garbage with what we have here. I literally can't wait for the next election so I can laugh in their faces as I vote them out and vote in the next bunch of fat lazy crooked thieves.

What have they done to you (personally).... that justifies your opinion ?

Seriously there are no more good decent stand up people in our local.

Think about what you're saying....

As a member in good standing, you have the ability to run for Local office.

You'd think the prospect of having to return to their old jobs would ensure that they are competent in their representation.

Not everyone elected in to office has "retreat" rights, to return to their former employer.

Raising the issue of competency.... is a "subjective" opinion.

Elected officials are made up, of rank and file members.

If they had a law degree.... they wouldn't be truck drivers.

-Bug-

LagunaBrown

I have no use for a local that insists upon making seasonal workers pay an initiation fee and/or monthly dues.
I couldn't agree more. It's completely disgraceful.

You have no use for them? That is funny because without the union you would not have the pay and benefits you have........ UPS would take everything they could away if they were not contractually obligated and everyone that reads this blog knows this. Drop the holier than thou act unless you get elected or petition to get the language changed. We all have no use for a Teamsters members that bitches about the local but does not do anything to make it better.

"It has been usual for men to think and to say, ‘Many men are slaves because one is an oppressor; let us hate the oppressor.’ Now, however, there is among an increasing few a tendency to reverse this judgment, and to say, ‘One man is an oppressor because many are slaves; let us despise the slaves.’ The truth is that oppressor and slave are cooperators in ignorance, and, while seeming to afflict each other, are in reality afflicting themselves. A perfect Knowledge perceives the action of law in the weakness of the oppressed and the misapplied power of the oppressor; a perfect Love, seeing the suffering that both states entail, condemns neither; a perfect Compassion embraces both oppressor and oppressed.

He who has conquered weakness, and has put away all selfish thoughts, belongs neither to oppressor nor oppressed."

-As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You have no use for them? That is funny because without the union you would not have the pay and benefits you have........ UPS would take everything they could away if they were not contractually obligated and everyone that reads this blog knows this. Drop the holier than thou act unless you get elected or petition to get the language changed. We all have no use for a Teamsters members that bitches about the local but does not do anything to make it better.

"It has been usual for men to think and to say, ‘Many men are slaves because one is an oppressor; let us hate the oppressor.’ Now, however, there is among an increasing few a tendency to reverse this judgment, and to say, ‘One man is an oppressor because many are slaves; let us despise the slaves.’ The truth is that oppressor and slave are cooperators in ignorance, and, while seeming to afflict each other, are in reality afflicting themselves. A perfect Knowledge perceives the action of law in the weakness of the oppressed and the misapplied power of the oppressor; a perfect Love, seeing the suffering that both states entail, condemns neither; a perfect Compassion embraces both oppressor and oppressed.

He who has conquered weakness, and has put away all selfish thoughts, belongs neither to oppressor nor oppressed."

-As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen

Thought provoking quote that has me wondering if, in James Allen's "perfect world" meshed with Laguna's theology, would there be a local union election ballot with the name of every member on it?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have no use for a local that insists upon making seasonal workers pay an initiation fee and/or monthly dues.
I couldn't agree more. It's completely disgraceful.

This subject has been beat to death, but for those just contemplating it, I'll chime in.

I feel anybody working in a union shop, earning a union negotiated wage, should pay monthly dues.
That being said, I do not believe that anybody who doesn't matriculate into the union and isn't awarded a seniority date should not be required to pay an initiation fee.

Having to pay an initiation fee without actually joining the union would be more aptly named a hazing fee,

Inthegame

That being said, I do not believe that anybody who doesn't matriculate into the union and isn't awarded a seniority date should not be required to pay an initiation fee.

Having to pay an initiation fee without actually joining the union would be more aptly named a hazing fee,
Got it... I think... but is that a quadruple negative?

This subject has been beat to death, but for those just contemplating it, I'll chime in.

I feel anybody working in a union shop, earning a union negotiated wage, should pay monthly dues.

Check out the big brain on brad
check out the big brain on brad - YouTube
upload_2015-4-24_15-9-23.jpeg▶ 0:07
YouTube › watch
Dec 22, 2008

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is blatantly unfair to force a seasonal worker who has zero chance of being retained after Peak to pay an initiation fee and/or monthly union dues.

Which part of that are you having difficulty with?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Check out the big brain on brad
check out the big brain on brad - YouTube
View attachment 36652▶ 0:07
YouTube › watch
Dec 22, 2008

2d6jsaq.jpg