Thoughts on the new info notices

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by chris9834, Aug 19, 2015.

1. chris9834

chris9834 Member

I dont know if all areas have got these new info notices but i cant stand them there difficult to write on and i think they are not nearly as imformative as the old ones. What can i say i hate change lol i felt the old ones worked just well I understand they are trying to implement change with this "UPS Access Point" that in it self sounds like it going to be a headache.

2. SCV good to go sir.

SCV good to go sir. Active Member

It's not just my own experience then that they're more difficult to write on. I'd say that's the biggest con. I also don't like how they switched from a yellow to white header. Besides that I like the new ones better. They tell the customers to sign the back and I'm getting more signed delivery notices now as a result.

3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I just laugh at all the money UPS spent integrating the new notices in before using up all the old ones and now I realize, they must have saved a ton instead using inferior paper that I can't even write on with a sharpie without smearing.

Oh, well, not worth the Chinese child labor used to pick the cotton the paper was made of.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. onestoptogo

onestoptogo Member

I thought I just had a bad pen. They are terrible to write on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Wait until you see the English/Spanish versions. You literally need a magnifying glass to read the things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Glad they removed the times, got tired of checking all 4 boxes thanks to my superb, well thought out dispatch.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

I like them. They don't take ink so that's brilliant! I stopped trying to write on them. The bar code works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

The glue on the back (left side) doesn't allow you to use a pen to write on. I like the old ones better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I hated the my choice ones when they came out. So I'll give it a little time.

10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

They are not as sticky as the old ones. Things I like: no time specified, no delivery attempt # (I can forget to cross that I will be there tomorrow, for example.)

They are harder to write on, but for the tiny minority that actually read them, meh.

11. Brownslave688

I've been driving 10 years. Every year they get less sticky. Probably saves a nickle per stack.

12. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Seeing the delivery windows go was probably what I liked best. I never know who's running the route from one day to the next or how they're going to run it or what ORION's gonna say so it was pretty much pointless.

Though I hate how prominent the Access Point crap is on it, as well as no delivery attempt number, oh yeah, and the fact you can't write on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I like them minus the difficulty writing the date on the sticky glue. The rest can be shifted away from the strip to avoid it. These seem quicker to fill out which probably means 20 more stops per driver and at least one cut route.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I'm lazy and write at least as possible on the notes, so the change doesn't bother me at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

They'd stick better if people cleaned the filth off of their doors and/or windows.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

They look bland as crap. Like they saved money having them white instead of paying for a little color.

17. Brownslave688

But simple isn't necessarily bad.

I thought the blue my choice ones looked like :censored2: but they grew on me.

18. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Not it's not. But a little color would class them up a bit. These look like we just didn't want to use color except for our logo.

19. sailfish

And the Access Point box.

20. sailfish

It's like in 2007 when the PA fishing licenses went from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

Fugly as hell.