Thoughts on working Sunday Dec. 21st

FEGuy

Hmm, did you not see any of the terrible press UPS got last year at peak? Now, most of us realize that it wasn't really UPS's fault, but the impression that it was our fault certainly got planted by some of our big customers.
Did you think that UPS was going to allow that to happen again? One of the ways is by working on the 21st.

UPS1907

Looks like another big bonus day like Black Friday for the drivers. That's about $2000 for TWO days work.
I wonder how upper management will spin it for the operations folks who get the shaft again.

Every time you think UPS reaches the ceiling with not giving a s*h**t about management, they seem to dig a little deeper and find more ways to show how much they really don't care.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Looks like another big bonus day like Black Friday for the drivers. That's about $2000 for TWO days work.
I wonder how upper management will spin it for the operations folks who get the shaft again.

Every time you think UPS reaches the ceiling with not giving a s*h**t about management, they seem to dig a little deeper and find more ways to show how much they really don't care.

Devil's Advocate :

If they decided to not work Sunday and we got destroyed M-W, you would come on here and bitch that they were cheap and they didn't learn from last year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are getting paid straight time, time and a half or double time, depending upon your supplement. Sunday is not a holiday so there is no holiday pay. It will be a nice payday but nothing like Black Friday was.

Come on they love you.

GoForBroke

Our preload had a full sort the last 2 Sunday's, and this one coming up. We are doing some big retail pick ups. But no deliveries.

Are you guys rolling anything?

oldupsman

Just saw a package car driver from my old building today. They have no plans to work Sat. or Sun.
Obviously it's not nationwide.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just saw a package car driver from my old building today. They have no plans to work Sat. or Sun.
Obviously it's not nationwide.
Its not, volunteer basis down here in Atlanta on Saturday with air stops only, not sure why they can't throw ground in there with it. I want double time but that's not gonna happen and its gonna rain so I might just sleep in and the hell with that extra 200

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Sorry, I mean 21st. How did this happen? Is this corporate wide?
This Sunday down here is gonna be 6major pickups only in this center. They need 3 people. This hub has 5 centers and 350drivers so I guess a total of 20for the whole building.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well it looks like we were successful over the last 3 weeks.

We will be working the Friday after thanksgiving and at least 1 Sunday every December (delivery) going forward.

Another reason to love online shopping.

Dragon said:
Well it looks like we were successful over the last 3 weeks.

We will be working the Friday after thanksgiving and at least 1 Sunday every December (delivery) going forward.

Another reason to love online shopping.
Speak for yourself. Im not working Sunday,period.