Threatened by camera phone wielding DBAG

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We don't have it on the back either. Just the ups emblem. Of my truck anyways.
truck 3.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
On Friday I parked parallel to a driveway to eliminate a double park for a resi stop that took 70 secs or so. Upon walking back this dude was taking pictures of my truck and filming me and whatnot. He was cussing me out for blocking his driveway for 20 seconds. All I replied with was "have a nice day" repeatedly. Then dude told me to hurry the :censored2: up. And then I kinda lost it and told him he can't talk to me like, your not my boss. Meanwhile he was smiling and recording me. Said he was gonna post it to ups website. Long story sorry guys but I'm kinda stressed that this A-hole could get me fired. Any chance of that happening?
You handled that pretty well. I've been in similar situations. The best thing to do is maintain professionalism, smile and wish them a good day.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Back in the day, when I was delivering the urban jungle. I stopped for a delivery at a house and their neighbor's driveway was right along side the customer's driveway. The big neighbor came out and told me not to block his driveway. I told him I'll be just a minute. As I take a step toward the delivery spot, he steps in front of me and says "Maybe you didn't understand, I told you to get that friend----ng truck out of my driveway". As a noob fearing for my undamaged pretty face, I turned back to the car and moved it 2 houses down. Never saw him again. Never called the cops or told my boss.

Moral of the story: Intimidation works...............plus Heff's a puss
I've had people honk at me because I'm blocking an alley they're trying to take a shortcut through. I don't know if they actually think I'm going to stop what I'm doing and drive back around the block for them or what.

upssouth

Ups policy states that we reply"you do not have my permission or ups permission to videotape me. Please stop". I follow that up with have a nice day and leave.

As far as blocking someone in, I always feel bad. It's none of my business where they have to go when, or why. I just ask them if they'd be so kind as to give me a minute. Otherwise I stop what I'm doing to unblock them

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It would have been nice if a couple of people just gave you a push out.
In my neck of the woods there would have been a gang of people pushing on the back bumper. Or...since every 5th vehicle around here is a beat up 4x4 farm truck....I would have gotten pushed or pulled out using my tow strap.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You cant stop someone from filming you. All you can do is be as boring and polite as possible. They are trying to provoke a response, so don't give them one. Smile and say "have a nice day" and carry on with your business. Repeat as often as necessary. This will prove to me more frustrating for them than it is for you.