Threatened by center manager for taking a lunch

We were instructed by our center manager not to take a lunch if we have a helper. He said that he did not feel like paying a helper for taking a lunch. How can a driver take his lunch without his helper taking a lunch too? Isn't he telling us to go against the union contract? How can he be allowed to threaten us for taking a lunch between the forth and sixth hour if we chose to take it then??

We were instructed by our center manager not to take a lunch if we have a helper. He said that he did not feel like paying a helper for taking a lunch. How can a driver take his lunch without his helper taking a lunch too? Isn't he telling us to go against the union contract? How can he be allowed to threaten us for taking a lunch between the forth and sixth hour if we chose to take it then??
Did you point that out to him? IF the helper is still working while you are taking a lunch or the helper actually takes a lunch at the same time the manger isn't paying them for taking a lunch. Or is there something I am missing here?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

They can say and do anything. It's your job to WAD and grieve later. So inform him every day you don't take a lunch b etween 4th and 6th hours (whatever your contract says), you will be filing. Every day. His/her attitude will change.

What you are really saying is your center manager doesn't want you on lunch until after your helper is dropped off which is after your 6th hour....

They can say and do anything. It's your job to WAD and grieve later. So inform him every day you don't take a lunch b etween 4th and 6th hours (whatever your contract says), you will be filing. Every day. His/her attitude will change.

What you are really saying is your center manager doesn't want you on lunch until after your helper is dropped off which is after your 6th hour....
But be sure that from that point on you always take your lunch per the contract.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Work as directed. You cannot take a lunch with the helper. So, At the 4th hour, drop off your helper at his car and take your lunch. Then start messaging ctr for help. :peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Work as directed. You cannot take a lunch with the helper. So, At the 4th hour, drop off your helper at his car and take your lunch. Then start messaging ctr for help. :peaceful:
That's not how we roll in the Atlantic Area. Helpers get lunch coded out just like the drivers.

brownrodster

They cannot direct you to do something that could result in you getting fired (we get warning letters for skipping lunch). And it is unsafe to not take a lunch. If it is not safe then don't do it. They cannot direct you to do something unsafe. You are not required to follow every direction. UPS has rules they have to play by.

some1else

Banned
Can you set your helper up with a dozen stops on a two-wheeler? Take your lunch while he walks the stops off?
i know alot of drivers do this; but i was told im responsible for all my helpers deliveries. and i really dont trust a temp 10$ kid to not text his friend to come meet him and pick up some ****. the only time my helper takes packages out of my sight is when he is doing the top floors on walkup apts lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Arn't all peaks in the midde of winter?

Actually, no. All but a couple of days of peak occur during autumn. The winter solstice occurs on the 20th or 21st of December, so peak pretty much ends right after winter starts.