Threatened with termination for refusing to help after a 10.5 day

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He was shouting it from the rooftops for all the management people that hang out here..All the hundreds of them...yeah..him and ex mgr hoax..lmao

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When they try to play badarse with me, I go to the Dr. and get an excuse or 3 lol. It costs a $10 copay, but it's totally worth it if ya want to get in a pissing contest ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App
What's the point of calling in sick and then wasting at least an hour or more of that day off in a dr's office if you're not really sick? I'd rather go to work! I rarely bang in when I'm actually sick....but no one's ever demanded a doctor's note either.

oldngray

nowhere special
What's the point of calling in sick and then wasting at least an hour or more of that day off in a dr's office if you're not really sick? I'd rather go to work! I rarely bang in when I'm actually sick....but no one's ever demanded a doctor's note either.

You seem to frequently have thoughts of bang in ...

Griff

On Monday June 16 I was threatened with termination for refusing to go help a driver after I had done 200 stops .. I was sent a msg in my board at 630 pm to go help on a route even though I had 20+ left of my own and a misroute to run , and a ton of pick up pieces .... On returning to the building I was told that if didn't go back out to help I would be terminated by my supervisor and then again by my manager over a phone call . I told them I couldn't as I'm in the process of trying to sell my house and had papers to sign with my realtor , but I went back out anyway in fear of losing my job . I rescheduled my appt for today and the same thing happened , I told them I could bring in another guys pick up pieces and if possible take a few stops ( which I was unable to do ) I was greeted by my manager and told I had not followed orders and would be pulled in the office in the morning . My shop steward has filed for harassment against me . I should add that I'm a scratch/bonus driver and show up everyday to work and help out ALOT .

Sounds to me like you need to slow down. We have plenty of guys like this in our center and the managers beat them like a red headed step child with work. Especially with all the 9.5 grievance stuff going down, these drivers are loaded up to the max and then some. Somehow they still manage to get it done "safely".

Your response every single time when they tell you to go help someone should be this. "Okay. I'll be back around 10PM. Send someone to get my pickup pieces and airs please. Thanks."