Threats of losing driving privileges while preloading.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

To my understanding, preload management has no authority to directly affect anyone's driving status.
If he's a preloader first they can. He'd be down as a sup group 5, which is preload. But if a bid came up there is nothing they can do.
Also there's a lot of 25+ year drivers that are presumed to retire soon.
If you haven't learned yet, don't presume anything at this company. We have 3 or 4 drivers who say they're retiring in 6 months. Been hearing the same story for a couple years now. Good to be motivated and want it. But be prepared to not go full time for a couple years.

Johney

I'm driving the next 2 days so there goes your story about November. The wait for full time is less than 2 years over here. Also there's a lot of 25+ year drivers that are presumed to retire soon. I know I won't have to preload for years. I'm just annoyed that preload puts me on a heavy industrial load that's always a mess. then they want to push the only button they know has an affect on me, which is trying to sabotage my driver status.
You are very lucky then.

SafeYARDdog

You are hired as a PT Package Handler. You can't not talk to everyone that you are not there to load but to drive. WHAT DO YOU THINK OTHER EMPLOYEES ARE THERE TO???

Your managements are there to manage, NOT TO THREATEN...Hope you know that. I know Full time and Part-time sups that are dumped by Grievances. MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

rod

Retired 22 years
Do your job to the best of your ability. With the high turnover of lower management chances are your "pain in the :censored2: manager" will be long gone before you are.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You are hired as a PT Package Handler. You can't not talk to everyone that you are not there to load but to drive. WHAT DO YOU THINK OTHER EMPLOYEES ARE THERE TO???

Your managements are there to manage, NOT TO THREATEN...Hope you know that. I know Full time and Part-time sups that are dumped by Grievances. MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

Wut?(TM)

QualityLoads

One time I had 10 misloads in a day. Next day I was sent to unload in the back as punishment. The unload manager sent me upstairs to sort letters, easiest days of my ups career.
How can I go to another spot on preload. I have these extendo rollers connected to the belt in front of my 3rd car, which gets in my way at least 50 times a shift. Also there's a gap in between the last 2 cars/platform which you can easily fall into if not paying attention. this has to be one of the worst spots in our building. Is there anyway I can say this spot is not safe for me. I got some size on me and this spot gets crowded very quickly.

HardknocksUPSer

One time I had 10 misloads in a day. Next day I was sent to unload in the back as punishment. The unload manager sent me upstairs to sort letters, easiest days of my ups career.
How can I go to another spot on preload. I have these extendo rollers connected to the belt in front of my 3rd car, which gets in my way at least 50 times a shift. Also there's a gap in between the last 2 cars/platform which you can easily fall into if not paying attention. this has to be one of the worst spots in our building. Is there anyway I can say this spot is not safe for me. I got some size on me and this spot gets crowded very quickly.
Make the most of it, use the rollers to your advantage, at the end of our belt a loader has a long strip of rollers, everyone loves when he takes a lay off day so they can try to get his spot, I have a roller beside me like you speak of and it works great for stacking out bulk stops when I don't want them in the way behind my car.

box_beeyotch

Why let anything a management team member says bother you?

Those who can't do, supervise as they say.

But if anyone hasn't stated the obvious for this situation, put the right packages in the right truck. Problem solved.

QualityLoads

Maybe...but your V might be bigger than mine....I'm not the one who can't put the right packages in the correct car. Wah.

Pull the sand out of your Vag and put a fresh tampon in, the irritation is rubbing off on the rest of the forum.

I'll do my honest day's work and go home. last thing I want is to be an all star loader making just enough pennies to drive to and from work the rest of my career. I've seen loaders getting disqualified and/or lose out on driving opportunities because management doesn't want to lose a loader. Our building can't keep loaders I've seen countless faces come and go in my short time. Management should be happy that I show up on time everyday and smile at every remark that comes out their mouth.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Pull the sand out of your Vag and put a fresh tampon in, the irritation is rubbing off on the rest of the forum.

I'll do my honest day's work and go home. last thing I want is to be an all star loader making just enough pennies to drive to and from work the rest of my career. I've seen loaders getting disqualified and/or lose out on driving opportunities because management doesn't want to lose a loader. Our building can't keep loaders I've seen countless faces come and go in my short time. Management should be happy that I show up on time everyday and smile at every remark that comes out their mouth.
Didn't realize you spoke for the "rest of the forum"....good to know. This isn't high school, chief....showing up everyday doesn't automatically get you an "A". Man up, buttercup. And if management wants to DQ anyone from driving that badly...they'll find a way....like anything else.

QualityLoads

Didn't realize you spoke for the "rest of the forum"....good to know. This isn't high school, chief....showing up everyday doesn't automatically get you an "A". Man uo, buttercup. And if management wants to DQ anyone from driving that badly...they'll find a way.

If this was high school I would never show up and get an "A".