Three letters and your FIRED!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Goldi, he's the 'Massive Stinkies' Guy. Didn't you catch his thread from a few weeks back? It's the stuff of folklore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is my first response here on Brown Cafe.
Whenever I have the thought of the possibility of having late air, I put it in their hands and say "I might have late air" or "I'm going to be late with air" or (they really like this one) "what's the late air reason today?" Lol! Regardless of their response, I let them know w plenty of time to resolve the problem, so then the pressure is off me.

My steward told me once: "You aren't the first, nor will you be the last guy to have late air....COVER YOUR ASS!"
(I hear this advice like Luke hears Obi Wan)

Just make sure that you run straight air. If you have lates and delivered any ground you are setting yourself up for possible discipline.

l22

Do not sign anything pertaining to "Numbers" until your manage sits in the passenger seats of your truck and ride with you ALL day. Not just until 10am. You need a check ride p1,p2 and pickups. Your vehicle has the ability to kill. Yoursafety and that of the public comes first. How would a father take it if some deliver driver, after killing his daughter, says "My manager said I wasn't going fast enough."?

Don't sign anything. I have seen managers do checkrides and not make adjustments as they should have based on the courier's performance. When you choose not to sign or acknowledge something, you can always send a polite email to your manager/whoever you feel necessary containing a note of why you are not signing/acknowledging something at the time being if you feel like it.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Don't sign anything. I have seen managers do checkrides and not make adjustments as they should have based on the courier's performance. When you choose not to sign or acknowledge something, you can always send a polite email to your manager/whoever you feel necessary containing a note of why you are not signing/acknowledging something at the time being if you feel like it.
Most of the time they'll ignore such notes/emails mostly because the district is telling them not to make adjustments lowering SPH for some ridiculous reasons.

l22

Most of the time they'll ignore such notes/emails mostly because the district is telling them not to make adjustments lowering SPH for some ridiculous reasons.

True but even if they ignore it, you have still sent it and you have a record of the date and time you sent it. If things ever go further, the emails and notes you made will come in handy and will be considered. Kind of like how if you refuse to acknowledge something, it still goes in your file - Ok, it goes in your file, BUT you made an effort to indicate that you did not acknowledge it because you did not think it was fair and that will have to be considered if things go further.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
the Christmas Poo?

Speaking of Christmas Poo, how about FedEx management "planning" for any holiday? They always have it planned-out where the station needs exactly 66.7% (or whatever grossly inaccurate number) of the usual number of FTEs, and then they end up either severely overstaffed or understaffed by some incredible amount. They never, ever get even remotely close to the correct number of people.