Three letters and your FIRED!

dex 84

Our Saturday guys usually start between 8-8:30 and start right at the airport.

We start an hour to two hours later than normal, and often either have to sit around waiting for the CTV or it arrives early and they run around trying to find everyone that got to work early and get them to punch in and start working. It's a :censored2:show and one of the reasons I went M-friend the first chance I got. Now I only work them occasionally...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
the Christmas Poo?

FedEx Legal
4356 Democrat Road,
Memphis, TN. 38194-1234

Dear Mr. Route 66,

Please cease and desist from using the term "Christmas Poo". This is trademarked FedEx designator terminology reserved for the exclusive use of Matt Thornton, who is, in fact, the real, one and only Christmas Poo.

We are also contacting a Mr. West Coast HD over his misuse of the term "massive stinkies". Fred S is the one and only Massive Stinkie and anyone using this term without proper protocol will be vigorously pursued, and legally executed.

We deny any wrongdoing and will vigorously defend ourselves in court and will sue you and lose despite our insipid comments and threats.

Sincerely,

D. Issbarred
Assistant to the Assistant Legal VP of Christmas Poo Trademark, Technology, and Designation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's mr hanky

Dear STFXG,

For your information, Mr. Hanky was executed by Kohler (2 flush system) on August 2, 2105 after being found guilty of using the Christmas Poo moniker without express written permission of FedEx Legal.

Regard,

D. Issbarred/FedEx Legal

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
FedEx Legal
4356 Democrat Road,
Memphis, TN. 38194-1234

Dear Mr. Route 66,

Please cease and desist from using the term "Christmas Poo". This is trademarked FedEx designator terminology reserved for the exclusive use of Matt Thornton, who is, in fact, the real, one and only Christmas Poo.

We are also contacting a Mr. West Coast HD over his misuse of the term "massive stinkies". Fred S is the one and only Massive Stinkie and anyone using this term without proper protocol will be vigorously pursued, and legally executed.

We deny any wrongdoing and will vigorously defend ourselves in court and will sue you and lose despite our insipid comments and threats.

Sincerely,

D. Issbarred
Assistant to the Assistant Legal VP of Christmas Poo Trademark, Technology, and Designation.

LOL

dezguy

I only had to work Saturdays for about 2 years. I can remember plenty of times, sitting around for close to 3 hours, waiting for the CTV to show up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The company charges extra for Saturday service and provides additional poor service and customer inconvienience. What a concept.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I only had to work Saturdays for about 2 years. I can remember plenty of times, sitting around for close to 3 hours, waiting for the CTV to show up.

Yep. Saturdays seem particularly prone to screwing-up. I've had plenty of 10 hour days on a Saturday where I was supposed to get maybe 5 hours.

whenIgetthere

I'm still relatively new doing deliveries. My weekday route is mostly pickups with maybe a few mis-sorts to deliver. But no P1s. I deliver each Saturday. Haven't had lates for a few weeks until last week. And my P2s sit until all P1s are delivered.

Sending dispatch a message is a good idea. It's documented.

As they told us at that other multinational freight company, your most important stop is getting home safely after your shift.

Question: Can a courier send an all Powerpad broadcast? My understanding was no.

Just start the message with BRO or Broadcast and dispatch will usually do so as long as it's not something stupid (which is an oxymoron at fedex)!

DontThrowPackages

They can plan for 66.7 FTE's but that formula doesn't/ can't factor in weather, breakdowns, last minutes buying by the public, an employee or two going down during peak or a customer shipping out so much freight, the pickup requires 3 drivers to make it happen. If a company cares about their customers, they'd over staff to be prepared. No shame in sending home a PT'er during peak if everything is under control.

whenIgetthere

If service is due by noon (Saturday), asking for help by 11 or 11:15 would probably work.

Here, asking for help on road is useless, just do so to cover your butt. We cover thousands of square miles and have 12 routes on road Saturday. We had more, but they recently cut five Saturday routes. P2 not usually a problem since Amazon shifted the SDR 2days elsewhere. A couple of years also, we were going on road with 20 to 30 P2's on Saturday, now it's no more than 4 or 5 per route.

dex 84

The company charges extra for Saturday service and provides additional poor service and customer inconvienience. What a concept.

All Saturday problems would be solved if they just offered SOS on Saturday. Half the people getting SDR p1s just want it there sometime today and don't really care about the 12:00/1:30 commitment. Let those people pay a few bucks less and get overnight service without the early commitment time. That way we can run less routes on Saturday but have the drivers out there longer. We wouldn't need as many people to come in on their day off so there would be a greater ratio of straight time to overtime.

whenIgetthere

All Saturday problems would be solved if they just offered SOS on Saturday. Half the people getting SDR p1s just want it there sometime today and don't really care about the 12:00/1:30 commitment. Let those people pay a few bucks less and get overnight service without the early commitment time. That way we can run less routes on Saturday but have the drivers out there longer. We wouldn't need as many people to come in on their day off so there would be a greater ratio of straight time to overtime.

That would work here because more than half our SDR couriers are T-friend FT employees, and we lose out because we only get 5 or 6 hours on Saturday.

dex 84

That would work here because more than half our SDR couriers are T-friend FT employees, and we lose out because we only get 5 or 6 hours on Saturday.

Meanwhile you have a bunch of M-Fers walking around on OT and you're not even getting 8 hours of straight time. SDR service is compressed into a very short window and I can't figure out why...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
SDR service is compressed into a very short window and I can't figure out why...
It all goes back to Fred and the service is only as good as what he's willing to pay for. And these days it ain't very much. Obviously he gives less than a rat's ass about satisfied customers.

MassWineGuy

Is making service on Saturday a problem for you? That's usually an easy day

Yes, sometimes I do. During the week I deliver a few mis-sorts, none of which are due by a specific time. If I made P1 deliveries daily, I'd be much better. At my station all part time couriers are required to work Saturdays.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Don't sign anything. I have seen managers do checkrides and not make adjustments as they should have based on the courier's performance. When you choose not to sign or acknowledge something, you can always send a polite email to your manager/whoever you feel necessary containing a note of why you are not signing/acknowledging something at the time being if you feel like it.

That presupposes that a route's on-road goal should be consistent with a courier's ability to meet that goal. It's not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That presupposes that a route's on-road goal should be consistent with a courier's ability to meet that goal. It's not.

That sounds like a quote directly from the Massive Stinkie Handbook. Are you the massive dump I took about 35 years ago after eating that bad taco off the Roach Coach?