thrift plan

ups79

You could of. All it took was get the financing and get with the ira povider that held your stock or any other broker and ask to transfer that borrowed money to such broker and buy UPS stock.

local804

Some people did take advantage of that "window of opportunity". I had a new supervisor at that time that took out a second mortgage on her house and bought a lot of UPS stock right before the IPO. I wish that I could have done that!

Pretty strange...
Center Manager at the time in the Uniondale Bldg did the same thing. I also knew of one other supervisor that did it also. I wish I got the tip that UPS was going public. There could of been a possibility I would have took out a second mortgage also.

ups79

there was no tip. UPS management was constantly using hypo-loans to boost their investments in UPS Stock. This did not occur. There was no leaks about going public.

local804

there was no tip. UPS management was constantly using hypo-loans to boost their investments in UPS Stock. This did not occur. There was no leaks about going public.

If it looks like a snake and slithers like a snake guess what?(mjb)

We are all entitled to our opinion and mine just happens to be different that yours on this topic. If we all agreed on one thing this board would not be needed. I just wish I was one of the people that got that tip :)

Channahon

If it looks like a snake and slithers like a snake guess what?(mjb)

We are all entitled to our opinion and mine just happens to be different that yours on this topic. If we all agreed on one thing this board would not be needed. I just wish I was one of the people that got that tip :)
Does Martha Stewart come to mind? She got a tip and went to the slammer for "having insider information" regarading Imclone. Do you really think UPS would give their management group a "TIP" about going public? You've got to be kidding. right?

local804

Martha Stewart was one that got caught. Think about all the others that get away from it. I am not saying the UPS head honchos in Atlanta sent out a press release to all managers in the states but we did have a district manager get transfered to Atlanta 10 years ago. Dont think it isnt possible because no one got caught. Anything is possible, hell The damn Red Sox won the world series!

Channahon

Martha Stewart was one that got caught. Think about all the others that get away from it. I am not saying the UPS head honchos in Atlanta sent out a press release to all managers in the states but we did have a district manager get transfered to Atlanta 10 years ago. Dont think it isnt possible because no one got caught. Anything is possible, hell The damn Red Sox won the world series!
And so did the Chicago White Sox

R

RJ5277

hey gang does anyone have a phone number for the thrift plan i know that they stopped taking money out a while ago but for some reason i have a little bit in and i want to get it out so i need to give them a call but i dont have the phone number. thanks

UPS CORP
ATTN THRIFT PLAN
55 GLENLAVU PKWY
ATLANTA GA

I WOULD GIVE YOU THE PHONE #S I WAS GIVEN BUT THEY WERE DEAD ENDS.
THIS ADDRESS ALONG WITH PHOTOCOPIES OF ANYTHING YOU MAY HAVE
IS WHAT I WAS TOLD TO DO.

RON

O

Out of the loop

What do you mean there was no leaks? One of the admins kept saying at dinner one night that we all knew it was going public. No, "we" didn't. She named an HR sup that told her to put all her 401k money in UPS stock as it was going public. That was what her whole dept did. (It was not HR.) I told her that if it was true, she needed to keep quiet about it as they had profited on inside information.

edavie1110

One morning my boss told me to hold on to the stocks i got from the thrift plan and i ask him why he said he i cant tell you just dont sell them they are new about it