Tieguy Here's How "Conservative" Bush Is

wkmac

I know you want to help diesel out but he claims to have checked national intelligence reports and know the location of someone I would like to meet. You can put this in whatever color you like but it still is not a national intelligence report. Someone could be telling a fib to try and make a point. I would say also that the national intelligence estimate is a much different thing than the national intellingence report.

For AQI to be a rouse the sure can put up a pretty good fight. I would say they even put up a stronger fight than the democrats in congress. Hey maybe they are a rouse also.

You are correct, the NIE is much different than the NIR. A Goggle search under the search criteria of "National Intelligence Report" only had one item with the actual words of National Intelligence Report and here's the link.

http://www.ioma.com/issues/NIR/

Do you think Diesel was backward masking for Universal Healthcare?:happy-very:

As far as I know or can find, there in no such document released to the public under that name. Diesel may have done like most even in the media and referred to the NIE as the "National Intelligence Report" which by name is not accurate. The NIE is a report put together by the Office of Director on National Intelligence and given to POTUS.

Even the POTUS referred to the NIE as an "intelligence report" on 09/26/07 during a WH press conference with Afghan President Karzai.

http://www.fas.org/irp/news/2006/09/wh092606.html

The ODNI is a Presidential appointee and therefore it would be assumed to hold some leverage to not only provide the best analyst of intel from the various gov't sources but also to the public at large in their various public releases. The "Report" stated that there is a growing problem with Al Qaeda along the Afghan frontier and from just general reading that seems to be a rather popular consensus. Are you contending based on info that you have by your position in the military that we should disregard what the ODNI is saying and accept your contention about Mideast affairs as being true? Hey, if you do and can share without violating any law I'm all ears and will gladly listen and change if the facts point in said direction. I had an open mind with Iraq back in 03' as it was a known Saddam was a bad boy but over time and looking at facts I've had to re-evalute and change from that position. I still beleive we did the right thing in kicking the Taliban out of Afghanistan but I also agree with folks like Ron Paul that it was piss poor foreign policy that got us there. Why keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

I'm gonna guess at this point you think the latest NIE on Iran is full of it too? I'm all ears if you have something to the contrary that we should consider.

As for strenght of al-qaeda on the financial side, you are 100% correct. We've done a good job of clamping down on that part and my guess is part of the reason we've not seen large scale events like so many have expected. However let me add this to consider. Strength is never totally measured in pure dollars and cents, it's measured by the lenght of how far the people who beleive in the cause will go and we know from 9/11 what that answer is. What you must also worry on is doing things that give appearance to legitimacy of people like Osama and Al-Qaeda.

There was a fellow showed up on the scene and talking all kind of crazy nonsense to the larger society but to his dedicated followers it made perfect sense. The governing power did managed to capture and execute the seditious traditor who caused civil unrest but overtime his followers remained steadfast, even to their own death seen by many in the public as examples to not follow their course. Did it qwell the movement? Not hardly, it grew to be one of the most dominate religious faiths on the planet that we call Christianity!

When you got nothing to lose and everything to gain, people are funny and will follow very surprising personas and against unbelievable odds. We don't speak the King's english today because of a few nutjobs in the 1700's who by all accounts had the English won would likely be viewed in history of the same scale as a Osama bin Laden. Funny how victor's always write the history!

wkmac

As Rumsfield said we fight with the Army we have.

And where is Rumy now? Funny, since he left the prospects in Iraq have really looked up so I'm not sure he's a good source to quote from! Maybe Rumy should have taken some advice from Dirty Harry when he said, "A man's got to know his limitations!"

That's why I never go to orgies!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

av8torntn

You are correct

Even the POTUS referred to the NIE as an "intelligence report" on 09/26/07 during a WH press conference with Afghan President Karzai.

I left the you are correct part in there just because I like to see that. :happy-very:

Anyway I would be willing to bet that the President has seen a national intelligence report and I would also be willing to bet that diesel has not. I think if any intelligence report came out that said where old Osama was hiding we would go get him. Even the most cynical could see what a political event this would be.

wkmac

I left the you are correct part in there just because I like to see that. :happy-very:

Anyway I would be willing to bet that the President has seen a national intelligence report and I would also be willing to bet that diesel has not. I think if any intelligence report came out that said where old Osama was hiding we would go get him. Even the most cynical could see what a political event this would be.

Your So Vain!!!!!!!
You Rascal! :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

[I think if any intelligence report came out that said where old Osama was hiding we would go get him. /QUOTE]

Well this isn't an intel report but the guy who said it is without doubt a whole lot more connected than either of us!

From 2005' timeframe concerning high profile targets
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288997,00.html

From August 2007' concerning Osama himself
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304306,00.html

Who is Col. David Hunt?
https://web.archive.org/web/2011012...om/on-air/personalities/david-hunt/bio/#s=a-d

I enjoyed this interview with Col. Hunt and hope you do as well. I really admire his plain spoken, take it or leave it manner. Refreshing!
https://web.archive.org/web/2007112...iew.com/interrogatory/interrogatory062503.asp

HazMatMan

There are a lot of things I would love to add to this topic, but my mother told me never to discuss religion or politics (too controversial) All I know is when Clinton was prez gas was 99 cents a gallon...

wkmac

There are a lot of things I would love to add to this topic, but my mother told me never to discuss religion or politics (too controversial) All I know is when Clinton was prez gas was 99 cents a gallon...

Chicken Schittt!

:wink2:

Seriously, we're all full of chicken :censored2: so just join in anytime you like!

satellitedriver

In 1972, under the "tricky dick" Nixon presidency, I paid 19.9cents a gallon during the gas station wars.
In the 1990's, under the "slick willie" Clinton presidency, I paid 99.9 cents a gallon.
I think I have found the secret to lowering the price of gas.
Vote for the candidate that has the funniest name for their privates.
It may not be the best logic, but it seems to have worked in the past.
PAX

tieguy

Banned

their not discussing politics. their creating acronymns and looking for bin laden. Rumor has it he's cleaned himself up and is now running for president of the good ole US:happy-very:

wkmac

Actually, he is a cab driver in Manhattan.

Where have you guys been. Osama bin Laden left Al Qaeda and the Pakistan frontier sometime ago. You are correct, he is here in the US but not a cab driver. Osama sometime back bought a Pakistan lottery ticket and he won. His prize was a one way ticket to America and a 7/11 Franchise!

:wink2:

That's a very old one AND I never calimed to be PC!

:happy-very:

HazMatMan

their not discussing politics. their creating acronymns and looking for bin laden. Rumor has it he's cleaned himself up and is now running for president of the good ole US:happy-very:
Do you mean Barrack Obama? What on earth do you have against that man? His preacher? He is not the only one to talk like he does, many people feel the same way. You act like he is the only one EVER to be running for President with negativity over his head, and all the other politicians are angels. Is it a deep down fear that a black man may be running this country, is that what you are afraid of? I read someone else's post about this topic saying people he knows who aren't registered to vote are registering just to vote against Obama. That sounds like a deep down hatred to me.