Tieguy vs. Canon and Trickpony

Dutch Dawg

Re: Tieguy vs. Canon

In debate opinions are like buttholes....everyone has one and somebody else's stinks.
When the conviction that carries an opinion takes it to the point of no longer tolerating another.
The opinion then becomes a will which we attempt to force upon others.
So while opinions are healthy to a point........
When their strength is left unchecked, they evolve into something less desirable.

While I may not always agree with what Tieguy has to say here.
I'm more often than not interested in hearing what a member of management has to say.

Dutch Dawg

Geez.....looking at some of the Poster stats on this thread I just realized my join date to post ratio is low.

tieguy

Banned

How dare you rile the God(s)!
Maybe Atlanta will realize what a liability Tie may be and import him to the ivory towers to do eternal mortal battle with the unbelievers on Browncafe. :laugh:

And perhaps Hoffa will reward you by pulling you back to teamster head quarters where he will finally teach an alleged feeder driver how to parallel park a trailer.:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

trickpony1

And perhaps Hoffa will reward you by pulling you back to teamster head quarters where he will finally teach an alleged feeder driver how to parallel park a trailer.:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

You keep harping on my alleged inability to parallel park a trailer.
Perhaps you could explain to me, and anyone else in their right mind, why a trailer would need to be parallel parked.
BTW, been in feeders 20+ years, the majority of which have been local/city pick ups and have NEVER had to parallel park a trailer, but then maybe your trailers have the door somewhere other than the rear of the trailer.

tip toe around this one.........

tieguy

Banned

You keep harping on my alleged inability to parallel park a trailer.
Perhaps you could explain to me, and anyone else in their right mind, why a trailer would need to be parallel parked.
BTW, been in feeders 20+ years, the majority of which have been local/city pick ups and have NEVER had to parallel park a trailer, but then maybe your trailers have the door somewhere other than the rear of the trailer.

tip toe around this one.........

Guess you ain't done any real driving . You don't survive going in and out of Islny if you don't know how to parallel park.

Now if you remember you are the one that started the parallel park issue by mocking me on the subject when Over 9 mentioned we had been discussing it. enjoy eating your words.

Moderator can we change the name to tieguy vs canon and trickpony?

tieguy

Banned
Well I hate to bust someones bubble but parallel parking a trailer is part of the cdl test in Texas. So yes it is required here.

Hmmm Trick theres another state that requires you learn how to parallel park in order to get your cdl. And yet you tried to mock me for helping one of your teamster brothers learn how to do it.

trickpony1

The CDL license is supposed to be a nationwide, federally mandated program so one would think there would be some consistency in the material taught and tested.
I don't recall mocking you "....for helping one of your Teamster brothers learn how to do it.". If anything, I was curious why it's not taught in my state then or now. None of the new trainees have said anything about it nor have I seen it taught in the yard.
Nice twist on the episode though........

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
BTMech---it appears that you are the main person making sense in this thread........thanks for your input -----and I love the moniker:

"We may not be the pride of UPS, but without us the Pride Don't Ride."

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Trick I don't have a clue as to why it's not taught nation wide. All i know that in Texas you had better have good knowledge of backing because the trooper that is seating beside you will look and you and tell you to parallel park this rig between those two poles and you had better not hit the curb or a poles, and the one thing about a Texas State Trooper they like to hear the word Sir coming out of your mouth.

dragracer66

I've taken roughly 12 guy's for there cdl in n.j and there is no parallel here but in pa I've taken 4-5 and depending on the location they go to they have it. If you go to norristown no parallel but if you go to the island ave place they have you do it there. I don't understand why but they do!!!

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Hello.. Anybody in here? Guess not. Oh well guess I'll raid the fridge. What is this? Green and fuzzy and growls. Oh that's last weeks mystery meat surprise