Tier 3 Accident

Deck Dog

I am still a part time employee, TCD. Another problem is I had an accident earlier in the year, hit while parked that the company deemed an avoidable accident. It has opened my eyes to so many things recently though. I am just another number to these people, and putting more stress with telematics doesnt make anyone a better employee, it just causes more stress. Every veteran driver I have talked to says this company changed whenever they went public. I am at fault and I actually checked on the person I hit and he is doing fine.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you hit someone or something and or you were at fault, what does it matter that you were back at the building ready to punch out with or without your lunch. You should be driving safely regardless. I hope everyone is OK that was involved in any case. If you were not at fault it still does not matter that you were ready to punch out without a lunch....just extremely unlucky. There is a driver in my building that had his package car hit while at a stop sign by a teenage girl on a bike going down a hill with no brakes and it was not his fault at all even though they said he should have seen her and adjusted accordingly. I believe that was considered a Tier 3.

Yes we r not getting the whole story that's for sure. The whole OP post was about how he was ready to clock out. Nothing about what actually happened.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'll say it again: assume every accident is your fault, then adjust your pace and driving style to stay out of accidents. You need to adjust to the fact you will become an irritant to management. You will need to accept that you won't skip breaks and meals. And you need to learn and follow UPS's methods TO A TEE. You will get more time and you will be safer by following their methods.

As much as I hate repeating UPS, it is true: there are no shortcuts to safety. If you get behind, DO NOT try speeding up to catch up. If your dispatch is bonkers, same thing; don't rush to get done. Wear out their phone if you have to. That is a much safer way to get done. Or just accept their gift of overtime. Find a good work pace and stick to it. Never change it, no matter how often UPS screws things up. UPS may not like your pace, but as long as you aren't deliberately moving in slow-motion, there isn't anything they can do.

Make it a priority to work safe and you will never get fired for an accident. AND you will take care of your body, which is more important than anything else.

UPSGUY72

I am still a part time employee, TCD. Another problem is I had an accident earlier in the year, hit while parked that the company deemed an avoidable accident. It has opened my eyes to so many things recently though. I am just another number to these people, and putting more stress with telematics doesnt make anyone a better employee, it just causes more stress. Every veteran driver I have talked to says this company changed whenever they went public. I am at fault and I actually checked on the person I hit and he is doing fine.

Still no details. Did you rear end someone, run a red stop sign or red light, or just hit someone walking on the side of the road or walking across a crosswalk ????

Your screwed at least you life as for life as a TCD. I would think you be able to still work your PT job on the inside.

Have you called your BA and let them know what is going on ???? That is the first cll you need to make Monday morning.

Re-Raise

The fact that you were done with your route and were going out to get an air package is completely irrelevant. I wouldn't waste anymore time on that point.

You were on the clock and had an accident. Admit your mistake and hope they need you for peak. Good luck.

UPSGUY72

The fact that you were done with your route and were going out to get an air package is completely irrelevant. I wouldn't waste anymore time on that point.

You were on the clock and had an accident. Admit your mistake and hope they need you for peak. Good luck.

We still don't have all the fact's but the one's we do have don't paint a pretty picture for the OP. I wonder if the OP was issued a moving violation by the police ???

They are going to need him on the inside. They are going to DQ'd from driving and then when and or if they reinstate him he is going to have to take numerous rides the first with the Division manger.

Omega man

If you took your lunch during normal lunchtime hours you would have gotten back an hour later and probably wouldn't have been sent back out. You may have also violated your contract supplement for when you are required to take it. I hope you learn from this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you took your lunch during normal lunchtime hours you would have gotten back an hour later and probably wouldn't have been sent back out. You may have also violated your contract supplement for when you are required to take it. I hope you learn from this.

When you take your lunch is not as important as actually taking it. I do disagree with those who run their entire routes and then take their lunch just before punching out.

barnyard

KTM rider
When you take your lunch is not as important as actually taking it. I do disagree with those who run their entire routes and then take their lunch just before punching out.

Agreed.

Coming back to the building and sitting in the break room for any amount of time is for suckers.

At the USPS, if the accident happens after 2p and the employee has not taken lunch, he/she is automatically at fault.

lateagain

Know your depth of knowledge questions word for word. If you do have a chance of getting your job back, they will ask. If you don't know them, you probably won't be given another chance.

Re-Raise

Know your depth of knowledge questions word for word. If you do have a chance of getting your job back, they will ask. If you don't know them, you probably won't be given another chance.

True, but unbelievable that someone's career depends on memorizing that nonsense. Like knowing that Aim High in Steering helps with safe path on turns while Getting the Big Picture helps you with smooth stops and turns. Big friend'ning difference.

I am a 20 year safe driver by the way, so what do I know?