Tier 3 Accident

opie

Since when do they let part timers work full time, delivering ground??? Does your supplemental allow for part timers to deliver ground? Part timers do not get a lunch, only a 10 minute break for inside part timers. Part timers delivering or picking up air do not get any break at all.

UPSGUY72

Since when do they let part timers work full time, delivering ground??? Does your supplemental allow for part timers to deliver ground? Part timers do not get a lunch, only a 10 minute break for inside part timers. Part timers delivering or picking up air do not get any break at all.

In some parts of the country they have position called TCD temporary cover drivers or Part time cover driver. When they are not covering routes they work their PT job when they are cover routes they work FT as a driver. This it what the OP is.

In my area we don't have TCD all are cover drivers are FT drivers that just don't have there own bid route they have a bid cover position they are guaranteed 8 hrs a day just like any other driver.

Kis124

We have part timers that drive from June 1 til Jan 1

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The union is very good at getting our jobs back in scenarios like this.
What they can't seem to do is protect is from the process.
In the end, the financial consequences can devastating.
Protect yourself. Few

Don't B a knucklehead : Take your breaks and "REAL" Lunch during normal periods of the day !!!! PERIOD!!!!! if the load bad or stops high, friend it. don't touch during your breaks!!!!

If we gotta sit and lissing to the BIG safety speeches every freaking morning then friend it. FOLLOW THEM 2 A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me sick 2 listen to every PCM, Like, watch for wet leaves because you could slip on them , but then they rap the crap out of us with friend.U.B.A.R. routes and scream about the #'s!!!!!

FU(|< the #'s and protect yourself Or it will never change, No matter how fast u run a rout, it won't make you perm full time any faster or get you more $ or promotin !!!! And if you afraid they won't use u cause u a slow TCD forget it, cause if the works there then they have to use you and when they don't, through a FIT using the UNION!!!!!! U do have union fees right !!!

IT makes me sick 2 listen to their HYPOCRACY !!!!

EVERY morning listen to drills of safety and screw us on blown out routes !!!!!!!!

Make them practice what they preach!!!!!! if you clock out late and stuck 1/2 hr before start in office explaining your bad #'s, deal with it and keep your ars in the methods of SAFETY.

If they want to dribble safety, THEN GIVE IT TO THE MO FOes !!! Screw the God dang #'s cause the #'s won't protect U when u get into an accident !!!!!!

I swear, I'm so sick of their HYPOCRACY, It makes me want to rip my UNIFORM off in the middle of the PCM and drop 'em down at their feet every morning in front of all drivers and say friend. YU !!! I quit, good luck running the piece of crap, UNSAFE ADD CUT BRICKED OUT ROUT that I'm leaving behind !!!!!

We have NO SAY in our safety so long as their are knuckleheads running and gunning routes and meeting their #'s taking lunch and breaks at end of day or fake ones by just puttting in false break times in board Before clock out !!! You guys are idiots and are making our jobs UNSAFE AND HAZARDOUS !!!!!!

We have to ALL follow methodes and work at safe pace and take REAL BREAKS morning 10 min, mid day lunch and near last few hrs take your last 10min break, WITHOUT DOING 1 FREAKING THING JOB RELATED!!!!!!!

ALL of us gotta do this or NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE !!!!!!!!!

WAKE THE friend UP!!! screw the commit, business, pick up , etc when it time to break, BREAK!!! and when done DRIVE SAFE!!!!!!!! not speeding around like you in a little car. YOU DRIVE A BIG ARS TRUCK !!!!!

Anyone see what I'm saying, these guys trying to meet #'s are screwing us right out of the UNION !!!!!!!!!!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner

Wrong, Part time drivers do get a 10 min. break and if they are used for ground for what ever the exeption, they will be intitled to all breaks as long as they have enough work hrs. for that day !! They are also entitled to full top ground pay rate when used for ground, UNLESS THEY ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO SIGN SEASONAL !!!!! Then they get a pay cut, even though they do more work !!!

Bull crap to, why do part time air drivers get $25 hr but when they go seasonal and do a full route they get pay cut done to $16 hrly !!!

If you a part time air, DO NOT SIGN SEASONAL !!! If their is work, MAKE THEM USE U !!! and make them pay you GROUND RATE !! It is your UNION RIGHTS AND IT IS CONTRACT !!!

The top ground pay is there to penalize UPS for not having ENOUGH FULL TIME DRIVERS AND ROUTES, So make them PAY, don't sign seasonal !!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Screw the numbers, ha ha, nice name. Throw the uniform down during PCM, ROFLing. I wonder , wouldn't the uniforms on floor be a hazard to slips and falls ?? They might wright u up on your way out.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Don't B a knucklehead : Take your breaks and "REAL" Lunch during normal periods of the day !!!! PERIOD!!!!! if the load bad or stops high, friend it. don't touch during your breaks!!!!

If we gotta sit and lissing to the BIG safety speeches every freaking morning then friend it. FOLLOW THEM 2 A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me sick 2 listen to every PCM, Like, watch for wet leaves because you could slip on them , but then they rap the crap out of us with friend.U.B.A.R. routes and scream about the #'s!!!!!

FU(|< the #'s and protect yourself Or it will never change, No matter how fast u run a rout, it won't make you perm full time any faster or get you more $ or promotin !!!! And if you afraid they won't use u cause u a slow TCD forget it, cause if the works there then they have to use you and when they don't, through a FIT using the UNION!!!!!! U do have union fees right !!!

EVERY morning listen to drills of safety and screw us on blown out routes !!!!!!!!

Make them practice what they preach!!!!!! if you clock out late and stuck 1/2 hr before start in office explaining your bad #'s, deal with it and keep your ars in the methods of SAFETY.

If they want to dribble safety, THEN GIVE IT TO THE MO FOes !!! Screw the God dang #'s cause the #'s won't protect U when u get into an accident !!!!!!

I swear, I'm so sick of their HYPOCRACY, It makes me want to rip my UNIFORM off in the middle of the PCM and drop 'em down at their feet every morning in front of all drivers and say friend. YU !!! I quit, good luck running the piece of crap, UNSAFE ADD CUT BRICKED OUT ROUT that I'm leaving behind !!!!!

We have NO SAY in our safety so long as their are knuckleheads running and gunning routes and meeting their #'s taking lunch and breaks at end of day or fake ones by just puttting in false break times in board Before clock out !!! You guys are idiots and are making our jobs UNSAFE AND HAZARDOUS !!!!!!

We have to ALL follow methodes and work at safe pace and take REAL BREAKS morning 10 min, mid day lunch and near last few hrs take your last 10min break, WITHOUT DOING 1 FREAKING THING JOB RELATED!!!!!!!

WAKE THE friend UP!!! screw the commit, business, pick up , etc when it time to break, BREAK!!! and when done DRIVE SAFE!!!!!!!! not speeding around like you in a little car. YOU DRIVE A BIG ARS TRUCK !!!!!

Anyone see what I'm saying, these guys trying to meet #'s are screwing us right out of the UNION !!!!!!!!!!!

You say it different from me, but hey, we're saying the same damn thing...

Re-Raise

Somehow I picture Ray Lewis screaming this at me. Come on get tackled..

opie

Wrong, Part time drivers do get a 10 min. break and if they are used for ground for what ever the exeption, they will be intitled to all breaks as long as they have enough work hrs. for that day !! They are also entitled to full top ground pay rate when used for ground, UNLESS THEY ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO SIGN SEASONAL !!!!! Then they get a pay cut, even though they do more work !!! Bull crap to, why do part time air drivers get $25 hr but when they go seasonal and do a full route they get pay cut done to $16 hrly !!! If you a part time air, DO NOT SIGN SEASONAL !!! If their is work, MAKE THEM USE U !!! and make them pay you GROUND RATE !! It is your UNION RIGHTS AND IT IS CONTRACT !!! The top ground pay is there to penalize UPS for not having ENOUGH FULL TIME DRIVERS AND ROUTES, So make them PAY, don't sign seasonal !!!
Well we don't get a 10 minute break, only the inside part timers do. I do Saturday Air and never get a break. And the Monday to Friday AM & PM PT drivers don't get a break either to my knowledge. I don't think our local would ever allow part timers to cover for a full timer.

UPSGUY72

Well we don't get a 10 minute break, only the inside part timers do. I do Saturday Air and never get a break. And the Monday to Friday AM & PM PT drivers don't get a break either to my knowledge. I don't think our local would ever allow part timers to cover for a full timer.

You need to check your state laws and local supplement on breaks they vary by location . Mass law says they have to give you a 30 minute unpaid break if your work more than 6 hours.

AKCoverMan

Not all T3's are treated equally but it does hurt that you had another accident in the past 9 months, even though the first one was not a T3.

I had a major T3, old P-500 with manual everything..one wheel drive wonder..during late October in dry conditions but just a patch of ice on a bridge caused a 60mph fishtail that I could not steer out of. Hit the guard rail and an abandoned park car on the shoulder and went over onto my side (drivers side) and was basically sliding across the highway on my side. Totalled the P-500 (which many drivers later jokingly thanked me for) as well as the parked car. I didn't have a scratch on me. Got free from my lap belt (yes, this car had no shoulder strap) and climbed out the passenger side door which was now the "roof".

I was running an air pickup route with only a few strategic delivery stops. Mgmt came out with another car, we salvaged all but two packages out of the wreck, loaded them up and I continued the route with a sup on board. He was actually very supportive.

Within nine months, and coincidentally while I was covering the same route, I slid on ice at an intersection and tapped the car in front of me. You had to look hard at the lady's bumper to see a small brown scratch. She was fine and really just wanted to leave as she was late to get somewhere. But I figured that a non-reported accident would be far worse than this minor ding. Since the lady was on her way to the airport and our center is at the airport I convinced her to stop at the center with me so center manager could take pic of her bumper. I called center manager and told him situation and he agreed with me that that was best. No way was she gonna stay at the scene and wait for mgmt to show up.

My center manager said I would probably get a warning letter since it was two in nine months.. however because it was a hit other in rear (no matter how slight) it was still a T3 and word came down from on high that I was to be terminated.

The contract does not recognize T3, instead it lays out circumstances under which you can be term for accidents. This accident, although it was classed a T3 by UPS, did not fit the contract definition of a termination offense so of course I got my job back. I sat out nine work days, the company paid me for three of them and called the rest a suspension. I think most of the time that the company terminates drivers they do it knowing that the driver will be back, they just feel it's a way to get the driver's attention.

The difference between me and you is that I was a full time driver when this happened. As you have gathered there are different rules in different parts of the country.. here we have full time cover drivers as well as (by local supplement) "Utility Drivers" who hold regular part time "inside" jobs (many of them are not inside as we are an air gateway, but you get the idea) but can be called over to drive if all FT drivers including FT covers like me are already in the game.

As a FT I got my job back with a loss of six days pay. However, since you have not gone on your packet yet I fear this may keep you from being able to go FT at least for some time. We had a Utility get into two accidents in one week, he is back on the preload but I heard my center manager say "he will never drive again". Waiting to see if they renig and use this driver during peak.

Regardless, keep in contact with your BA, mine was great while I waited out the "process". I called in every am to see if I was in service, finally on day nine they told me to come in next am early. We had a meeting, my termination was reduced to a six day suspension, three days were paid as grievance. That was almost five years ago.

Good luck to you. UPS is good job (sometimes just too much of a good thing!) but there are thousands of drivers so no, they don't care about you the way a small family business might care about their employees. But then most of those jobs don't pay 100K a year. This may push the day you get full FT top pay down the road a year or more, but if you keep you nose clean your time should come back around. It may also help that we are coming into peak and you have experience and route knowledge. Hope it works out for you and keep us posted.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What does going to get the air have to do with anything. Hindsight is 20/20 but I would of say down and taken my hour lunch when asked to go back out. As far as panel goes write down exactly what happened and just read off that sheet of paper.
Agreed! "Sorry, I haven't had lunch yet and I'm taking it right now." They cannot tell you that you can't take lunch.

OP Sorry for your troubles, I hope it works out.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In some parts of the country they have position called TCD temporary cover drivers or Part time cover driver. When they are not covering routes they work their PT job when they are cover routes they work FT as a driver. This it what the OP is.

In my area we don't have TCD all are cover drivers are FT drivers that just don't have there own bid route they have a bid cover position they are guaranteed 8 hrs a day just like any other driver.
The OP may be Western States. We do have PTers that are cover drivers. They are allowed to drive year round, when needed.

Deck Dog

Just got through with my local hearing, and no agreement was reached. Going to National Panel in Florida first week of December. I cant begin to tell you how taxing this entire process has been mentally. Everytime I get my hopes up thinking its all going to work out it seems to get shut down. They say their not using my previous wreck as progressive discipline, but they made sure and included it in the packet at the hearing. I have kind of lost hope of even returning honestly, so any words of encouragement would be much appreciated. Its almost been a complete month soon, and the longer it drags out the more it feels like that its never going to happen for me, and remember friend the numbers, just be safe otherwise you will be in my situation.