Tier 3 accident...

boxrunner

Today i was involved in a t3 accident while making a u-turn at a green light. The vehicle that struck me went right under the passenger side of my vehicle. Im unsure of what my status of employment is at the moment as this is still developing. I nor the other driver were ticketed, i have worked with the company for close to 8 years, with...3 days back into cover driving...i was told by my Union rep that i cannot be dq'd without a rep present, i can still work preload. But who can really live off of $100 a week. Any info is helpful. Thanks.

fres431

Depends how strong your ba is and how bad your center manager wants ya back but you won't be permitted to drive till panel most likely state panel. However you should be paid at driver wage till panel ruling

boxrunner

Depends how strong your ba is and how bad your center manager wants ya back but you won't be permitted to drive till panel most likely state panel. However you should be paid at driver wage till panel ruling

I had to retake a few online assessments, and then the sit down with my center manager where he told me i will be DQ'd for a year. As icing on the cake he said to me before i left "we had really big plans for you starting next week." Like...thanks...for the insiprational quote before i am laid off.

boxrunner

They won't let you work Preload?
I can still work preload, but im tired of making :censored2: money for back breaking work. Waking up at 4am for $50 worth of work a day is pointless, its getting to the point where im asking myself if 8 years is worth it, and just cut ties, and try my hand in another profession.

boxrunner

Profession? Yes. Such as returning to school to finish my BA to apply towards another profession. Am i missing something. Or are you just finding it humorous to comment on someones post about losing their job?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can still work preload, but im tired of making :censored2: money for back breaking work. Waking up at 4am for $50 worth of work a day is pointless, its getting to the point where im asking myself if 8 years is worth it, and just cut ties, and try my hand in another profession.
So work preload and go back to school. UPS offers tuition reimbursement...and maybe look for some better if you find it...but 8 years in...I wouldn't just walk away. You could get another shot at driving in a year.

I gotta agree with bb on this one. Don't just go off and burn your bridges. Use that year you can't drive to look for other options. I had 6 years in and went off and joined the Army National Guard and did 22 years. Not saying that route would work for you but look around.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't know how the other driver is but you obviously weren't injured. And even if the accident was avoidable...you may still get another shot in a year. At least take a week or two to mull it over before burning any bridges.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A FT driver would have been terminated. PT you just go back to your old job. If it was serious enough then you could also be terminated.
Not necessarily...they'll pull a FT driver off the road...but may not necessarily fire them. I know a couple of drivers in my center involved in a tier 3...one where both parties were injured. Driver is still driving....but he was off the road for a few months working inside.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am surprised that you were not terminated on the spot.
FFS....you really are a piece of work, Dave. Go play in traffic...and try to find out the guy's name who hit you with his car when you were delivering that day. I wanna buy him a Christmas present!
A FT driver would have been terminated. PT you just go back to your old job. If it was serious enough then you could also be terminated.
Not necessarily...they'll pull a FT driver off the road...but may not necessarily fire them. I know a couple of drivers in my center involved in a tier 3...one where both parties were injured. Driver is still driving....but he was off the road for a few months working inside.

Packmule

Out here we have lighted intersections where the left lane is marked for either a left turn or a left u turn. If this was what you were doing it was a legal maneuver and you should have had a right of way, giving you at least some leg to stand on. Your post didn't specify.

boxrunner

Out here we have lighted intersections where the left lane is marked for either a left turn or a left u turn. If this was what you were doing it was a legal maneuver and you should have had a right of way, giving you at least some leg to stand on. Your post didn't specify.
I Made a legal u turn on a green light, where my fault lies is assuming the vehicle i turned in front of would see me, as where my building is located, all drivers leaving have to make a u turn to head from west bound to east bound towards the highway. Its as if the individual was not at all paying attention, on the phone, or saw a quick way to make some holiday money by running into me.