Tiger

ups1990

Tiger, is not obligated to speak with police. While this may be so, Cops usually don't like to be ignored and get a little aggravated which makes them get to the bottom of the so-called truth.

He's pulled out of his own tournament this week up at Thousand Oaks.

Let's see, Tiger won the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines with a very serious knee injury that required season ending operation, but can't play with a few cuts and bruises?

D

Dis-organized Labor

Tiger, is not obligated to speak with police. While this may be so, Cops usually don't like to be ignored and get a little aggravated which makes them get to the bottom of the so-called truth.

He's pulled out of his own tournament this week up at Thousand Oaks.

Let's see, Tiger won the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines with a very serious knee injury that required season ending operation, but can't play with a few cuts and bruises?

I think he decided that all the publicity and people asking questions would be such a distraction that he'd tank.
I think he will lie low for a while and live off what he's got in the bank for awhile.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Live off what he's got in the bank....shoot, he never has to pick up a golf club again....ever!!

He's been "Mr. Perfect" forever and now he is just like every other sports star....a lying slime ball !!! JMO

over9five

Staff member
UPS1990 is correct. People that get into minor accidents don't have to talk to police, they just have to fill in an accident report.

BUT........ I think the reason the police need to talk to Woods is:

1. The 911 caller said Woods was unconscious and he couldn't tell if he was breathing.

2. Woods was injured a little too much for a low speed crash where the airbags didn't even go off.

3. How convenient that Mrs Woods just happened to have a golf club in her back pocket...

4. Why did she have to break all the windows in the back to get him out?

D

Dis-organized Labor

UPS1990 is correct. People that get into minor accidents don't have to talk to police, they just have to fill in an accident report.

BUT........ I think the reason the police need to talk to Woods is:

1. The 911 caller said Woods was unconscious and he couldn't tell if he was breathing.

2. Woods was injured a little too much for a low speed crash where the airbags didn't even go off.

3. How convenient that Mrs Woods just happened to have a golf club in her back pocket...

4. Why did she have to break all the windows in the back to get him out?

I only saw the Drivers passenger window broken, but still there is no orrelation to that and the minor damage to the Passenger side front.
What are they going to claim? That she dragged him over the seat and out the back door? I heard that his "Image Experts" are furiously assessing the situation.

rod

Retired 22 years
Tiger lost his squeeky clean nice guy image now. He has joined the ranks of "sports stars with media bulleyes on their backs." He will continue to make tons of money playing golf but I bet by the time the media gets through dragging his ass through the wringer his "endorsement" money will take a serious hit. Maybe he and John Gosslin can get a cheap apartment together.

Channahon

This may be why Tiger declined to speak to law enforcement. Florida domestic violence statute:

(3) Whenever a law enforcement officer determines upon probable cause that an act of domestic violence has been committed within the jurisdiction the officer may arrest the person or persons suspected of its commission and charge such person or persons with the appropriate crime. The decision to arrest and charge shall not require consent of the victim or consideration of the relationship of the parties.

I do believe Elin took a golf club to Tiger and his car. If she were to be charged and convicted of a felony charge, and is not a US citizen, she would be deported to her home country.

Similiar to the Heene's in Colorado, that is why the husband pleaded to a felony, and his wife a misdemeanor. She is not a US citizen and would have gone back to Japan.

I do feel Tiger should be given his privacy, there have been far worse cases of athletes taking a bad turn.

Michael Vick comes to mind, and he's back with the NFL, although he lost his endorsements.

Steve McNair was not as fortunate, in his situation, when it came to straying from his wife.

Not to mention all the other sports athletes who have had their share of bad publicity, and in some cases they recover, and in others, their careers ended.

Only time will tell with Tiger.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.....tsk, tsk, tsk..... You're just like every other high paid athlete thinking with your **** !!

P

pickup

What is so shocking is that it took so long for stories like this to break out. After all he is a golf player. What does a golf player do? He starts out from an incredible distance and gets ever closer to his goal with his strokes. When he gets close enough to the desired object, he pulls out his putz, I 'm sorry, putter and sinks it in . And then he moves on to the next hole. :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
None of his girlfriends are as beautiful as his wife. Just don't get it sometimes!!

There is a poster hanging up in the bathroom of one of my local watering holes that shows a picture of a drop dead gorgeous young lass with a dynamite body. The caption on it reads something like:

No matter how great you think she is - to someone she is a pain in the ass.:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Tiger woods...just lost HALF

[video=youtube;SniOXFhwIZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SniOXFhwIZ8[/video]

P

pickup

Well.
Bruce married a "model / tv star" and ended up cheating / dumping that babe for the less than babedom chick in his band.

Looks are not everything.:knockedout:

I always thought with that situation with Springsteen is that it was proximity and schedule and hobbies. The model wife had her own life, and was probably working in different countries than her husband. Patty was always with him, same schedule, and same hobby (which was also their working jobs).

ups1990

Tiger, couldn't hold of YE Yang to win another championship, now it's Women.

I can only imagine that degree of temptation which sourrounds his life, when it comes to Females. If we Men drivers are subjected to women that come on to us with there body language, stares and down right tell us they like you. For what reasons, don't know. Maybe because we enter an office with a sense of control and confidence, make eye-contact, talk clearly. Drivers should be in control of the whole delivery process. A lady might like this in a man and well...... So I'd see where Tiger would take the bait.

There's is a remedy for this men, HOME. Nothing brings us down to our level and humbles like getting home and helping out with our children, taking out the trash and fixing a leaking faucet. What needs to "sink home" is for me to realize that being the best driver is not the most important thing to achieve, rather to be the best Husband and Father possible. What the World needs is not for Tiger to be the best golfer, but a better Husband and Father.

over9five

Staff member
None of his girlfriends are as beautiful as his wife. Just don't get it sometimes!!

I know it's not PC, but I gotta ask. Are his girlfriends black or white?

And his wife is so beautiful. She always looks so happy when she watches him golf.

Her friend that introduced him to her was on the news today apologizing for the introduction. Can't find a link right now, but he said something like, "I thought Tiger was a better man".