Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

10 point

You also. It's just a website don't take it personal. I don't.
People who post here predominantly really do care about the future of the IBT. We have this in common amongst many other things.
I've (& "others") have taken things to heart in the past but that's just a newbie learning curve imo.

Thx for your input.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Really.

You claim Liam's telling the truth and don't know if it's true yourself but you desperately hope it is ... just to discredit Tim.

That is evident.

I never said I was voting for Tim but I will watch what unfolds here and make a decision based on that.
Not based on internet chatter and one person's allegations.
Are you suggesting Liam fabricated emails?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know you don't understand but printing always has to have the union bug. It's how it is. You shouldn't drive a Honda Kia. I know that those cars are made here but not by union workers. I know some of the parts are made by other countries but you get the idea. You really can't spin it. If you need some work done at your union hall it need to be done union. That includes printing. Shirts cost a lot more but if they are going to be distributed in an election or given out by a local they have to be union. Do you really want to argue this?
I kept copies of all of flyers that were distributed in our last local election and not one, from any of the three slates and two independents have the union bug on them.
I suspect most went to Staples or Office Depot.
Two of the three sent out multiple mailers and they were all printed by a union print shop.
Like I said earlier, we produced and printed our own handbills, with our own equipment at a significant discount, leaving that money available for other expenditures.

Oddly enough, nobody took exception until now by a couple of self proclaimed union election experts.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I enjoy a good debate every now and then, just have to be willing to try and keep an open mind.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The message is spreading

Attachments

• 1435898321687.jpg
    1435898321687.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 147

804brown

Sounds like this Tim S guy is a good local union boss. With that video it seems as if he has some character flaws or morals that aren't up to my standards.
I dont think boss is an appropriate word unless you yourself are a boss (management). Anyway describe these "character flaws". I heard a leader a bit angry at his BA who screwed up and was also angry at certain members who wanted to escalate the situation. Is it a character flaw to blow up and be passionate?? It IS a character flaw to mindlessly imperil the livelihoods of 250 members because he wasnt feeling very effective against UPS management!! As for Tim's character, well we now know that he tried to de-escalate the situation and Liam decided ON HIS OWN to stay the course on his pole.

member6045

I dont think boss is an appropriate word unless you yourself are a boss (management). Anyway describe these "character flaws". I heard a leader a bit angry at his BA who screwed up and was also angry at certain members who wanted to escalate the situation. Is it a character flaw to blow up and be passionate?? It IS a character flaw to mindlessly imperil the livelihoods of 250 members because he wasnt feeling very effective against UPS management!! As for Tim's character, well we now know that he tried to de-escalate the situation and Liam decided ON HIS OWN to stay the course on his pole.

We get it! You have a vested interest in Tim S. Really we understand.

804brown

Really....

Why is it woefully underfunded ?

The 804 Pension Fund remains in "critical status" or the "Red Zone."

http://teamsterslocal804.org/story/pension-fund-update

-Bug-
Really?? "Woefully" underfunded?? Seems that clip you sent us to is old. Currently, 804's Pension Funds are at $1.2 Billion. Also, our Funds are at 70% funded which makes us ahead of schedule on getting to 80% funded. "Woefully" was what the funds were when Tim took over from your buddies in the Old Guard (Howie and Bill B). Really!!

804brown

The increase was the absolute worse thing Tim could have done for 804.
Yeah the "absolute worse thing" he could have done. Worse then say, Howie,Buhlert and co cutting the accrual rate about 8 or 9 yrs ago??
Fact is Old Guard members like yourself hate the increase in our pension because it demonstrates that Tim and his crew actually DELIVERED on their promises!! And that really BUGs some of you because your guy has been in charge since 1998 and hasn't delivered on anything!!

wide load

Tim is a scam.

wide load

Really?? "Woefully" underfunded?? Seems that clip you sent us to is old. Currently, 804's Pension Funds are at $1.2 Billion. Also, our Funds are at 70% funded which makes us ahead of schedule on getting to 80% funded. "Woefully" was what the funds were when Tim took over from your buddies in the Old Guard (Howie and Bill B). Really!!
750 million.

By The Book

To me it says something about his character how he conducts himself. You won't catch me calling the members who pay my salary to represent them, clowns. I lead by example, being respectful of other people's opinions. Do I think Liam should of pulled the building, no. Do I think after talking to Liam about this that Tim should've said I'm going with you, absolutely. If I was in Tims shoes after talking with Liam about this, we would have came up with a plan of action, going over different scenarios that could possibly arise from our actions in this situation. When I say boss I mean he's calling the shots, he's responsible for the actions of his staff. Passion is a good thing but maybe he should think things thru before he says something to offend people.I am only a steward.