Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yeah the "absolute worse thing" he could have done. Worse then say, Howie,Buhlert and co cutting the accrual rate about 8 or 9 yrs ago??
Fact is Old Guard members like yourself hate the increase in our pension because it demonstrates that Tim and his crew actually DELIVERED on their promises!! And that really BUGs some of you because your guy has been in charge since 1998 and hasn't delivered on anything!!
I love how you so called "reformers" are programmed to talk about the past so much that you forget to deal with the present. It's so comical. Blame others for your current transgressions. It may work for the ignorant or uneducated, but doesn't work for us all. Sell your magic beans to someone else.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Really?? "Woefully" underfunded?? Seems that clip you sent us to is old.

That link, is from the current 804 website.... if you look at the date.

Also, our Funds are at 70% funded which makes us ahead of schedule on getting to 80% funded.

70% is nothing to brag about. It's still classified as red zone.

Increasing the monthly payout and "hoping" for 80%.... Good luck.

I say that, with all sincerity. Members should get what they deserve.

"Woefully" was what the funds were when Tim took over from your buddies in the Old Guard (Howie and Bill B). Really!!

I only met Howard twice at the National Grievance Panel, when he was Union Chairman

for the 43 committee. Calling us buddies.... is a stretch. :biggrin:

(I lost both grievances before that panel)

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I love how you so called "reformers" are programmed to talk about the past so much that you forget to deal with the present. It's so comical. Blame others for your current transgressions. It may work for the ignorant or uneducated, but doesn't work for us all. Sell your magic beans to someone else.
Hoffa has screwed up the past and we are screwed in the present because of Hoffa.

Is that better?

I dont think boss is an appropriate word unless you yourself are a boss (management). Anyway describe these "character flaws". I heard a leader a bit angry at his BA who screwed up and was also angry at certain members who wanted to escalate the situation. Is it a character flaw to blow up and be passionate?? It IS a character flaw to mindlessly imperil the livelihoods of 250 members because he wasnt feeling very effective against UPS management!! As for Tim's character, well we now know that he tried to de-escalate the situation and Liam decided ON HIS OWN to stay the course on his pole.
Really what we have is good old hall coming to save the day. That's what you don't like. Your guy repeatedly ignored calls from the international to help out because Tim and Levin thought they could handle it. Kinda sad.

804brown

There's over 22 cuts that video. If you believe what you truly know to be the "truth" it shouldn't be so hard to just say it fluently without stopping the camera almost two dozen times.
He needs Obama's poster holder. It probably is a superior teleprompter.
The video is well practiced because he has had plenty of time to convince himself that what he did was the right thing to do. He is right about probably winning on Jairo's original case but on PULLING THE BUILDING he screwed up. He keeps saying this and that about Tim but every other BA and Trustee and Officer in that union hall that he works in backs Tim S 100%. So Liam is calling everyone of those men liars and unworthy of leadership.

And now we find out that he some how got a hold of Tim's emails and others. Then he publishes for all to see people's private emails addresses!! I'm not sure how low he can go here. I'm not sure he thinks he is some kind of admirable whistle blower like Ed Snowden but he certainly appears to be to others an unethical, irresponsible, incorrigible BA who has a deep, long and sneaky grudge against the man who hired him, listened to him and then had to discipline him.

The tragedy here is not Tim S. This is a political attack in a very political year. This is tragic because of the potential we all loss due to LIAM'S fall. It is tragic because he was super smart and young and probably one day might have ran our local. But his pride got the best of him. He felt ineffective in Maspeth. Every DM had it in for him. Tim put Liam in his former building to give it to UPS management (a FU if you will). By doing that Liam did not get the breaks that other BAs got ONLY because of his history with UPS as a driver and a masterful steward.

I'm sure Liam felt ineffective and useless watching his members get walked out (even his friend Jairo got walked out) while other BAs who maybe weren't as militant as he were able to save their members from that fate. Then on that fateful day in February, Liam lost his cool. He was surrounded by his members, guys he worked side by side with for years. He saw the look in their collective eyes and reacted as any human being might. But Liam wasn't ANY human. He was always the guy IN CONTROL of himself and super careful about what he said and did.

I wish I knew exactly what was going on in his head at that time but we all saw the original video of him on the pole, etc. He saw himself as the recreation of Ron Carey but in reality he was just frustrated and out of answers. We all watched him lose it. That is the tragedy of this whole story. Tim will run and win or lose on his own merits and accomplishments. And Liam, unfortunately, will be an asterisk in Teamster history for all of us to learn from.

804brown

Really what we have is good old hall coming to save the day. That's what you don't like. Your guy repeatedly ignored calls from the international to help out because Tim and L thought they could handle it. Kinda sad.
Talk about believing the hype. Think about this: hall has been "negotiating" for us against UPS under Hoffa since 1998, right?? In AAAALLLLLLLL that time has Hall EVER come in to "save the day"?? So he has been bargaining weak and concessionary contracts AAAALLLLLLLL these years just to break precedent NOW (last year)!!!! LOL!! That "Lead Belly" of your is certainly filled with lots of KennyKoolAid!! What exactly have YOU been promised??

member6045

Really?? "Woefully" underfunded?? Seems that clip you sent us to is old. Currently, 804's Pension Funds are at $1.2 Billion. Also, our Funds are at 70% funded which makes us ahead of schedule on getting to 80% funded. "Woefully" was what the funds were when Tim took over from your buddies in the Old Guard (Howie and Bill B). Really!!

In liabilities!!!!![emoji6]

Ahead of schedule? 2021 seriously

Last edited:
Talk about believing the hype. Think about this: hall has been "negotiating" for us against UPS under Hoffa since 1998, right?? In AAAALLLLLLLL that time has Hall EVER come in to "save the day"?? So he has been bargaining weak and concessionary contracts AAAALLLLLLLL these years just to break precedent NOW (last year)!!!! LOL!! That "Lead Belly" of your is certainly filled with lots of KennyKoolAid!! What exactly have YOU been promised??
What have you been promised?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The tragedy here is not Tim S.

The real "tragedy" is your Local.

You post the contents (of your Local) for everyone to see.

Continually.... post the petty deficiencies your members quibble about.

And somehow, it is linked to all Teamster Locals.

Stop being stupid.

You goofball 804 people.... are embarrassing all Union members.

-Bug-

I was compensated with over 150,000 in pay and benefits last year. The bulk of my career has been negotiated by brother hall. That's what's been promised to me. Being a teamster and being proud of it.

I was compensated with over 150,000 in pay and benefits last year. The bulk of my career has been negotiated by brother hall. That's what's been promised to me. Being a teamster and being proud of it.
And I'll raise you this brother 804brown. I'll out work you to keep my guy right where he is. You can take this to the bank.

804brown

What have you been promised?
I've or rather we have been promised a leader who promises things and delivers on them. I have been promised a leader who doesnt sugarcoat anything, he tells it like it is, like or not. A leader who doesnt settle for peanuts with a company that makes $4 Billion in profits. A leader who will not knuckle under and give away the store like a concession stand when you should have then by the bawls. A leader who actually was a hard working member, a driver. A leader who actually was a shop steward and went nose to nose with center managers. Then became an organizer (again something Hoffa hasnt a clue about). An finally with long hard work was elected NOT ON HIS FAMOUS NAME but on PROMISES and then get this: HE AND HIS SLATE DELIVERED ON THOSE PROMISES!! When a leader, any leader or politician does that you reward them!! Tim's reward AND OURS will happen next year.

804brown

And I'll raise you this brother 804brown. I'll out work you to keep my guy right where he is. You can take this to the bank.
Work as hard as you can. You are a man (I assume) who seems content with the status quo. I, my friend am not. And people who hug and caress the status quo get lazy and miss things sitting back on their hammocks. They are the ones that dont realize they jumped in that pot of water in the first place. Eventually they get it but it is too late.

Work as hard as you can. You are a man (I assume) who seems content with the status quo. I, my friend am not. And people who hug and caress the status quo get lazy and miss things sitting back on their hammocks. They are the ones that dont realize they jumped in that pot of water in the first place. Eventually they get it but it is too late.
I'll tell you this. I'm not the guy in n the hammock.

I've or rather we have been promised a leader who promises things and delivers on them. I have been promised a leader who doesnt sugarcoat anything, he tells it like it is, like or not. A leader who doesnt settle for peanuts with a company that makes $4 Billion in profits. A leader who will not knuckle under and give away the store like a concession stand when you should have then by the bawls. A leader who actually was a hard working member, a driver. A leader who actually was a shop steward and went nose to nose with center managers. Then became an organizer (again something Hoffa hasnt a clue about). An finally with long hard work was elected NOT ON HIS FAMOUS NAME but on PROMISES and then get this: HE AND HIS SLATE DELIVERED ON THOSE PROMISES!! When a leader, any leader or politician does that you reward them!! Tim's reward AND OURS will happen next year.
We can debate and debate. I hope I'm wrong but when your pension fund goes under because he screwed you I'll be sitting here telling you I told you so. That's just one of the many ways he's screwed you but you drink his kool aid. It is what it is.

member6045

How do you feel about Tim bringing advisers from tdu into 804 and calling members clowns.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Tim? I knew it.