time allowance for signatures

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
does anyone know the real time allowance givin for getting a signature verses a driver release ?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It is a complicated formula depending on your route / area, but basically is much less than humanly possible, unless who you are delivering to happens to jump in the PC as you are rolling to a stop

Cementups

Box Monkey
I believe it's 5 minutes for a signature so that you can develop a 1-1 customer relationship and help grow the business thru customer service.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My time allowance for signatures is the same as how much time it takes me to ring the doorbell, fill out the Infonotice, make a Service Cross, and walk back to my vehicle.

MikeTbob

My time allowance for signatures is the same as how much time it takes me to ring the doorbell, fill out the Infonotice, make a Service Cross, and walk back to my vehicle.

Amen brother, any longer than that, you aren't getting your package today.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Not sure but there is a difference. I was warned back in the day by my center manager for obtaining too many signatures as opposed to just driver releasing the packages. He claimed I was inflating my dispatch time. I told him with a signature at every stop I could never have dr claims. He still insisted I dr the packages.

code5

We were told a while back not to use the prerecord button as it reduces your time allowance. There is no way that is the case. Some drivers have tried to not use it and didn't notice a difference. I don't rely on the prerecord, but do use it for my next stop with resi deliveries only.

I'd don't think you would get 5 min. for a signature allowance as you only get an extra 45 seconds for an overweight and 6 min. for fueling up.

Does it really matter? There are many other things we don't get enough allowances for and many others we get zero allowances for. This may be part of the reason some of us call them (allowances) unfair and un-attainable.

MD Dan

If the c'nee sees you walk up and gets to the door before you can leave it is probably worth getting the signature, but if you have to wait for them-- probably not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the c'nee sees you walk up and gets to the door before you can leave it is probably worth getting the signature, but if you have to wait for them-- probably not.

I am confused by your post. Are you saying that if they don't come to the door in a timely manner that you will not leave the pkg or are you saying that if they don't come to the door quickly enough you will simply DR the pkg? Are you also saying that you will ask for an autograph rather than DR the pkg simply because they answer the door quickly?

c'nee means consignee :happy2:

No ****, Sherlock.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I am confused by your post. Are you saying that if they don't come to the door in a timely manner that you will not leave the pkg or are you saying that if they don't come to the door quickly enough you will simply DR the pkg? Are you also saying that you will ask for an autograph rather than DR the pkg simply because they answer the door quickly?

No ****, Sherlock.

No need for an attitude.....I thought you really didnt knew what it meant...No need to get your panties in a twist

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No need for an attitude.....I thought you really didnt knew what it meant...No need to get your panties in a twist

Sorry for the attitude but I was simply confused by what he wrote. It almost sounds like he is saying that he will get a signature if they are right there but will DR it if they are not. That will get you a T/W in my center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What will get you a T/W, Upstate?

I guess I am just confused but it sounds like he is inflating his dispatch by getting signatures at what should be good DR stops. He says that he will probably get a signature if the c'nee answers the door quickly but will not if they don't. I don't know if he means that he will simply DR the pkg or if he will leave a del notice. Getting signatures at safe DR stops will get you a T/W in my center.