Time allowance!

DS

Fenderbender
Can I request a copy of the time allowances for my route? .
No, that's classified information.Just kidding,but good luck with that.
From my experience,here's a few tips to look better on paper.
Record everything .Overweights in special counts.When doing pickups,scroll down
and to the right for single pieces.Mileage is huge,do your air before ground.
You get 3 minutes for every c.o.d.so 20 is an hour allowance..
There is a small allowance for scanning picked up pkgs,if you p/u 100 and scan
them all it's another allowance.Never lie

40 and out

I roll up to every residential with my diad and if their home i get them to sign for package. I figure every little bit can help. If their not going to play by the rules neither am i. If im bulked out with over 70s down the middle and jammed up and cant move ill go get that stuff off first. They want us to work safe well guess what your wish is my command lol. If they put airs on me that day, that arent supposed to be on me because the idiot dispatchers dont know how to separate them for the dispatch, guess what ill run them first to make service on them. Again your wish is my command lol. See you can help your numbers since they cheat lol. Just remember you can bend the rules boys but you cant break them just remember that lol.
As a certain you know who would say getting signatures when not required is classic stealing time.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Agreed. We are our own worst enemy when drivers validate "the numbers" by looking at lists, asking how they did, what their paid over was. We need to spread the word to have ignorance to "the numbers" but an adherence to "personal safety". If they want better numbers, change the computer to allow me more time.

Me: "Hey, what's this number?" Sup: "That's your Social Security number, stupid." Me: "But why is it so high? Is that good or bad?" Sup: "Lets talk about the over allowed." Me: "We've got to get to the bottom of this Social...social..what do you call that again?"

I've said it before, I'll say it again: if you HAVE to get in a conversation about numbers, go sideways, and go stupid. Play your game, not theirs. Some of my fondest package car memories are of these crazy deflections I've used when some irate management drone is trying to dress me down about being two to three hours over-allowed. You just can't imagine how much fun you can have by playing the stupid card.

One of my favorite stories about discipline, was about one of our old timers who was being written up for something during his package car days. Management sat their for five, ten minutes, making their case. Finally, they asked him, "Well, what do you have to say for yourself?" The whole time, our guy was staring at the ceiling, and in those offices, the ceiling tiles were those square, white plaster thingys with all of those little holes in each one. He rubbed his chin, while looking at those tiles, and said, "Do you ever wonder how they get all of those holes in those tiles?" Apparently, management threw up their arms in frustration and told the old timer to leave.

Going sideways works, man.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Can I request a copy of the time allowances for my route? When I picked this route and my sup rode with me he told me to leave packages at these condo's. A few driver follow ups later, loss prevention reviewed with me that I was to get a signature for these stops. I was also informed that in a secured apartment complex if there is a negative drive follow up then the whole building must now get a signature. Talked to management about this and was told you get an allowance for signatures. My work days have gotten a lot longer. I keep telling myself that the extra time is just paying for my 401, but money ain't everything, I want to see my kids before they go to bed.
​Fire off an e-mail to Edward Snowden over in Russia. I'm pretty sure he will be able to provide you with your allowances.

nicky

First and formost when option 3 said the manager would fire the first 5 people who looked at their numbers want to know the logic behind that? People that worry about their numbers are usually the ones with something to hide. If you do your job the way you are supposed to no number good or bad will validate that for you. If you are cutting corners to stay out of the spot light you should be very concerned with your numbers because you dont want them riding with you. And you incorrectly believe that good numbers will keep them off the car.

Secondly they can and will make the numbers do and look however they want. Why would you worry about it? Work on your methods, coming to a complete stop at every stop sign and crosswalk, looking left right left and counting 1,2,3.... Get your methods down, then you can feel free to tell them about how little you truly care about their allowances1

Get a sig no matter what. It gives you more time and less work. Im a campus driver and was asked to start
Leaving more pgks. I only dr about 15-20 a day. The day I did I left a 1500 laptop that wasnt marked on the outside or high value. 2 days later I was called by a detective asking if I took it or if I knew who did. Save yourself the trouble. Its your job and do it properly. Get signatures it pays in the long run

Of course they want you to DR everything you do get more time for a signature more signatures less SPORH. We all know SPORH is what it's all about now. LP could care less about SPORH I would imagine and more concerned with where you(we) leave stuff.

Marne Vet

Get a sig no matter what. It gives you more time and less work. Im a campus driver and was asked to start
Leaving more pgks. I only dr about 15-20 a day. The day I did I left a 1500 laptop that wasnt marked on the outside or high value. 2 days later I was called by a detective asking if I took it or if I knew who did. Save yourself the trouble. Its your job and do it properly. Get signatures it pays in the long run

Getting signatures will not lower your dispatch. Not sure what Utopian Center you work in, but that's a pipe dream where I work. You could get 170 signatures a day, and you'll be getting a 170 more tomorrow. I tried this many times to lower my dispatch. Doesn't work. What does work is staying at your own pace regardless of what time you get done. They HAD to lower my stops or see me at 9pm every day. Signatures did nothing. 9.5's are what they listen to, and when they try to pull that management crap and compare me to another driver, I just tell them "That's not me. I deliver at my pace, not his. Brown up and ride me if you need to see what my pace is and fix the problem." They never ride me. Why? Because then they'd have to admit that I'm over dispatched as is, and they hate being called on it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Getting signatures will not lower your dispatch. Not sure what Utopian Center you work in, but that's a pipe dream where I work. You could get 170 signatures a day, and you'll be getting a 170 more tomorrow. I tried this many times to lower my dispatch. Doesn't work. What does work is staying at your own pace regardless of what time you get done. They HAD to lower my stops or see me at 9pm every day. Signatures did nothing. 9.5's are what they listen to, and when they try to pull that management crap and compare me to another driver, I just tell them "That's not me. I deliver at my pace, not his. Brown up and ride me if you need to see what my pace is and fix the problem." They never ride me. Why? Because then they'd have to admit that I'm over dispatched as is, and they hate being called on it.
Ditto dude.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The value of a "stop" isnt necessarily greater because you "get a signature". IE and the district control the "time allowances" by area and this allowance can be PEANUTS regardless of whether or not its a signature with a 200 yard walk or a 3 foot walk.

The allowances are "MANIPULATED" by UPS and have been reduced gradually over time begining in 1995. Miles used to play a big part in a planned day, today, miles are worthless.

Over 70's used to bring more than 3 mins a stop for each pkg, but today, they are worth less than 30 seconds each.

First things first. STOP WORRYING ABOUT PRODUCTION. STOP WORRYING ABOUT VALUE. Just work by the methods, work safely and dont put yourself at risk to hit numbers you will NEVER be able to make.

Numbers are the companies problem, not yours. You give a fair days work by demonstration and if "their" numbers dont match, then who gives a :censored2:.

The only numbers that matter in your life are the ones with zeros at the end of them when you cash your check.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
you do get a lot more time allowed for a signature than a DR. UPS won't lower you planned stops (not right away) but it WILL increase your planned day by their numbers. If you had to wait for them to come to door or got held up by something else, get a sig or you have losr time. And if its not a good neighborhood it will reduce your claims. I didn't always gets a signature but often its better that way if they are standing there.

Can I request a copy of the time allowances for my route? When I picked this route and my sup rode with me he told me to leave packages at these condo's. A few driver follow ups later, loss prevention reviewed with me that I was to get a signature for these stops. I was also informed that in a secured apartment complex if there is a negative drive follow up then the whole building must now get a signature. Talked to management about this and was told you get an allowance for signatures. My work days have gotten a lot longer. I keep telling myself that the extra time is just paying for my 401, but money ain't everything, I want to see my kids before they go to bed.
screw SPORH.... that's for the sups. that's how they get ojs"ed by their superiors and how they earn their stock options. follow procedure , its your greatest friend and asset. when they dummies ojs you and do you the favor of telling you to violate procedure or doing what's unsafe just write it down and ask them to sign it and date it....... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Getting signatures will not lower your dispatch. Not sure what Utopian Center you work in, but that's a pipe dream where I work. You could get 170 signatures a day, and you'll be getting a 170 more tomorrow. I tried this many times to lower my dispatch. Doesn't work. What does work is staying at your own pace regardless of what time you get done. They HAD to lower my stops or see me at 9pm every day. Signatures did nothing. 9.5's are what they listen to, and when they try to pull that management crap and compare me to another driver, I just tell them "That's not me. I deliver at my pace, not his. Brown up and ride me if you need to see what my pace is and fix the problem." They never ride me. Why? Because then they'd have to admit that I'm over dispatched as is, and they hate being called on it.[/ the only fool proof way to get stops off your load is to start having missed pkgs everyday..... the dummies have to give an account and explain to their superiors why there are missed pkgs.