time allowances

I'd rather do that at home. Why would I want to do it in an ice-cold package car??

I can write a letter? OK, what about the other 45 minutes? I can't idle the truck with heat because telematics will show an extra hour of idle time.

Are you really saying you want to sit in that cold package car and read a book? I must be missing something. Right?

Just answer me this. Why wouldn't you want to be paid to work that hour and get home 1 hour earlier?

Forgive Stug. For him a cold package car is one thats sitting in 70 degree weather.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Funny that you say this, because my route is set up this way as well. Not all routes have the "even" side on the way back to the begining. If I can manage to get to these pkgs, I will. The down side of this is that it makes the route look bad as far as numbers because you didn't go as many miles. They will then expect you to continue to deliver this way, even when the car is loaded so that you can't get to those pkgs. Too bad they don't account for this.

Good point, something I would have never thought of as of yet.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'd rather do that at home. Why would I want to do it in an ice-cold package car??

I can write a letter? OK, what about the other 45 minutes? I can't idle the truck with heat because telematics will show an extra hour of idle time.

Are you really saying you want to sit in that cold package car and read a book? I must be missing something. Right?

Just answer me this. Why wouldn't you want to be paid to work that hour and get home 1 hour earlier?
Sorry, no telematics here.

No

Because it will make my marriage last that much longer?

When I take lunch, I sit in a restaurant for the whole hour. I guess that not only is the climate different, but so is the area we deliver. That being the case, I might get bored, just like you, and want to just get done and home, though the Wife would still want me out there.:wink2:

just interested

Don't worry about it just make sure you take you two 10 min breaks and your full lunch everyday. If your skip them or cut your lunch short to get you route done. There just going to keep adding stops.

Remember it is what it is. Just becasue the computer tells them its an 8 hours day dosen't mean it actually is.

I was told there was just one 10 minute break and a 60 minute lunch, which can be broken up into increments.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They couldn't implement that kind of telematics here.
When it's minus 30 or even minus 20. The minute you leave the Bldg and the car stays on, until you get back.

Doesn't work otherwise, trust me.
Not even for a quick stop... windows will frost up, and you sit another 5 min. just to defrost them again.
They even freeze up during driving, it's that bad at times.

Another reason not to live in Edmonton. :wink2:

just interested

The DIAD allows the lunch to be taken in two increments.

We get one 10 minute paid break and a 45 minute unpaid meal break in my district.

We have two columns of 4 increments, maybe even 5, I don't remember right now. 1st column is break; 2nd column is lunch.

One time I had to take so many 5 or 10 minute increments for lunch, that I ran out of space and entered it in the break column from the bottom up. Nothing was ever said to me, I suppose because the total amount of time taken was correct.

What I'd really like to know is this: Is there a published list of time allowances, so that we drivers can know just what is expected of us as we go about delivering to our multi-characteristic stops?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have two columns of 4 increments, maybe even 5, I don't remember right now. 1st column is break; 2nd column is lunch.

One time I had to take so many 5 or 10 minute increments for lunch, that I ran out of space and entered it in the break column from the bottom up. Nothing was ever said to me, I suppose because the total amount of time taken was correct.

What I'd really like to know is this: Is there a published list of time allowances, so that we drivers can know just what is expected of us as we go about delivering to our multi-characteristic stops?
You can only do what you can do. The bar that is set for you could be too high/low, so just go out there and deliver like only YOU can and stop worrying about what is "expected". Before you know it, you'll be near retirement, and that's all you should really care about.

DS

Fenderbender
The DIAD allows the lunch to be taken in two increments.

We get one 10 minute paid break and a 45 minute unpaid meal break in my district.
Our contract allows us a 50 minute lunch and a ten minute paid break,each can be broken up into 4 increments.I try to be exact,like the 2 minutes it takes to stop at the coffee shop,just in case I'm being followed.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our contract allows us a 50 minute lunch and a ten minute paid break,each can be broken up into 4 increments.I try to be exact,like the 2 minutes it takes to stop at the coffee shop,just in case I'm being followed.
DS, driving doesn't count as part of your lunch, I've been told by mgmt. My on-road tried to say lunch started when I pulled into a plaza (still driving), but that was overidden by my center manager.