Time Allowances

What are some of the hidden unknowns that management doesn't want you to know about that would help your overallow?
Example: I noticed at a pickup with average of 75 letters, it helped my dispatch by scanning each letter, and not just the end of day.

Not sucking up, just wanting to be ahead of the nonsense management dispatching. So if I ask for an 8hr, it's that, or if I file on 9.5 abuse, then their numbers back me up, not them!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What are some of the hidden unknowns that management doesn't want you to know about that would help your overallow?
Example: I noticed at a pickup with average of 75 letters, it helped my dispatch by scanning each letter, and not just the end of day.

Not sucking up, just wanting to be ahead of the nonsense management dispatching. So if I ask for an 8hr, it's that, or if I file on 9.5 abuse, then their numbers back me up, not them!

If you are not qualifying don't worry about the numbers. The contract doesn't concern itself with performance numbers and neither should you. An 8hr day is an 8hr day whether you have 100 stops or 25 stops. The only way to be ahead of the game is by following the methods, working at your own safe pace, and not skipping lunch or sorting off the clock. Your dispatch should be adjusted accordingly but that doesn't always happen.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you are not qualifying don't worry about the numbers. The contract doesn't concern itself with performance numbers and neither should you. An 8hr day is an 8hr day whether you have 100 stops or 25 stops. The only way to be ahead of the game is by following the methods, working at your own safe pace, and not skipping lunch or sorting off the clock. Your dispatch should be adjusted accordingly but that doesn't always happen.
Good advice for not qualifying.

norcalbrown

Their numbers should mean nothing to you once you are in. ALWAYS do the job to the best of your ability, safely and as close to the methods as possible. There is some wiggle room. One vet in our center says, "Deliver your NDA by 10:30, scan/attempt every package, and don't miss any pickups. UPS makes money, and you make money". Pretty simple when you look at it from that angle. That should be your mantra.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Your example is not a hidden unknown.

Your example is a good way to get disciplined.

You were taught to load the packages and scan the end of day. That's all.

It could also be construed by some as stealing time, a dischargeable cardinal sin.

Don't worry about numbers. Do the job the way you were instructed, by the book and let the numbers fall where they may.

We don't worry about numbers. They do.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is almost no time allowance for scanning pickup packages. Waste of time unless it is a stop where you are required to scan.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a letterbox that usually gets 3 or so things a day. One day it had 144 I had to scan. They told me the next day i was 2 hours over. I agreed and suggested they give me 2 hours less work the next day. They didn't like my plan.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Scanning each and every package at every pickup stop is stealing time.

Scan the EOD.

Not every stop has an EOD. I have 19 pickup stops. Only two use Worldship which prints an end of day. What then?

I don't know how things work on your route in Puppytown, BoG; but here in the real world, supervisors love repeating the phrase "scan every package".

Work as directed, OP.