Time Allowances

UPSGUY72

I have a letterbox that usually gets 3 or so things a day. One day it had 144 I had to scan. They told me the next day i was 2 hours over. I agreed and suggested they give me 2 hours less work the next day. They didn't like my plan.

It took you 2 hours to scan 144 letters ???

JL 0513

Not every stop has an EOD. I have 19 pickup stops. Only two use Worldship which prints an end of day. What then?

I don't know how things work on your route in Puppytown, BoG; but here in the real world, supervisors love repeating the phrase "scan every package".

Work as directed, OP.

No EOD, you just input the number of packages, number of NDA's, etc....stop complete.

Packages are scanned in the local sort.

We are instructed to not scan every package at p/u accounts. Total waste of time.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
We were instructed to only scan letter box packages. The only way you can get a piece count at a letter box is to scan each piece. All other stops, we were told to scan the EOD and if there were no EOD, not to scan anything, just enter the piece count.

I had a letter box jammed with NDA letters (turned out they were all fraud...) anyways, I think I picked up 250. I was 3 hours under allowed that day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Packages are scanned in the local sort.

We are instructed to not scan every package at p/u accounts. Total waste of time.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

8000Shelf

I was told it provides an origin scan. Sometimes I scan p/u sometimes I don't. Stealing time though?!. Oh come on I would hope not but if it's even a possibility... guess what, no more scanning for me lol. Could care less about origin scans either way.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was told it provides an origin scan.
It provides a pick up scan. The origin scan is when it gets scanned into a trailer.

I find it amazing how different every building is. Our guys are instructed to scan everything they get. When I calculate my local sort numbers at the end of the night I use the pickup number on the WOR report and add the return service numbers. Using the local sort scans isn't accurate because if a package gets scanned twice it appears twice in the system and bags get added as pieces.

8000Shelf

It provides a pick up scan. The origin scan is when it gets scanned into a trailer.

I find it amazing how different every building is. Our guys are instructed to scan everything they get. When I calculate my local sort numbers at the end of the night I use the pickup number on the WOR report and add the return service numbers. Using the local sort scans isn't accurate because if a package gets scanned twice it appears twice in the system and bags get added as pieces.

Doesn't that come from that "Total" column we input for the pick up and not the actual scans? Or is it the same thing as far as the WOR report is concerned?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Doesn't that come from that "Total" column we input for the pick up and not the actual scans? Or is it the same thing as far as the WOR report is concerned?
We use the pickups scanned section of it. So if something doesn't get scanned, I have no idea we processed it. Not a big deal. It just makes me scratch my head a little bit when I get the sort PPH the next day and it's way over what I calculated the previous evening.

8000Shelf

I usually scan any packages that aren't on the EOD (such as RS / ARS) and also pick ups that don't print EOD. I feel like it provides a record and I was p/t reload for 10 years out of 14... just a state of mind I suppose.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I usually scan any packages that aren't on the EOD (such as RS / ARS) and also pick ups that don't print EOD. I feel like it provides a record and I was p/t reload for 10 years out of 14... just a state of mind I suppose.
It's all the same to me. I just know I was told to scan everything when qualifying.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was told it provides an origin scan. Sometimes I scan p/u sometimes I don't. Stealing time though?!. Oh come on I would hope not but if it's even a possibility... guess what, no more scanning for me lol. Could care less about origin scans either way.

UPS doesn't like drivers scanning those packages because it does generate an origin scan which might sometimes look like later service failures.